the IHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

stick2700

Jul 27, 2004
The International Hockey Association is pleased to announce that all negotiations have been finalised with Ownership groups for the six member teams participating during the 2004-2005 season. The IHA is a AA level professional hockey league comprised of teams in New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Michigan.

A league meeting will take place within the next two weeks in Pittsburgh, where it is expected that IHA Commissioner Alain Lemieux will introduce the Ownership group that will operate in Pittsburgh. Alain Lemieux is a former NHL player, ECHL head coach and the older brother of Mario Lemieux.

The IHA is also wrapping up negotiations with other leagues to finalise its affiliation agreements. An appearence on ESPN2's Cold Pizza morning show is also being scheduled for early September.

For more information on this and other IHA news please contact the IHA at [email protected] or visit www.internationalhockeyassociation.com

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
The WHA is dead. It will be announced shortly that the league "intends to wait one year to get all ownership groups toghether." This will never happen. ti was a one shot deal, and the WHA will cease to exist in a month. :dunno: :cry:

gameface

May 30, 2004
Maple Ridge, BC
You want to know how little credibility this league has? Check this out. Be prepared to spend some time reading about how the guy in charge ripped people off, lied, made frequent changes, etc. He is a con artist, pure and simple.

By the way, if any of you are into logos and jerseys, the Chris Creamer board is an excellent place to spend time.

RomanOksiuta

The WHA2 was on cold pizza at one point and look at it now... Its in pretty bad shape and it even has a different name (SPHL).

In fact... this league seems similar to the WHA2, even less well managed. I don't think it'll get off the ground.

stick2700

Jul 27, 2004
well, i did some calling yesterday and this league looks to be legit. they have leases in place in the few buildings i talked to. with lemieux in pittsburgh i am leaning toward seeing what develops in the next few weeks. at least in the cities they say they will be in there are definitely hockey fans that would support the teams. anyone know whats up with the sehl?

stick2700

Jul 27, 2004
:handclap: i also found this in my e-mail after i asked to receive press info:

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pro Hockey Returns to the Sault
Pittsburgh PA August 20, 2004 – Alain Lemieux commissioner of the International Hockey Association announced today that a deal has been finalized with an ownership group to place a team in Sault St. Marie Michigan at the historic Pullar Center.
“The return of professional hockey to Northern Michigan is key to our long term growth.†Said Lemieux from his office in Pittsburgh. “We will be traveling to the Sault within the next two weeks to introduce the owners and address the community. At this point all I can say is that we are very excited to have a franchise in the Sault and the fans can look forward to an exciting, caliber level of play.â€
The International Hockey Association is a six team league located throughout NY, Ohio and Michigan. This is a AA level league playing under NHL rules. For more information please visit our website at www.internationalhockeyassociation.com or e-mail us at [email protected]

The IHA
[email protected]
Phone: 716-400-7628

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
Why do people think they can simply have a meeting at a local Denny's, announce plans for a new hockey league, and instantly believe it will be a success??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad