The Hockey News' Top 10 Norris Candidates So Far

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
The NHL awards have become an absolute joke. The people on the voting staff just plain and simply aren't qualified. I'm pretty sure this guy isn't a voter but people of his employer are and plenty of the voters view hockey in the same way this guy does.

Anyways, here's the list: http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/top-10-norris-candidates-letang-the-leader/

1. Kris Letang
2. Drew Doughty
3. Duncan Keith
4. PK Subban
5. Mark Giordano
6. Ryan Suter
7. TJ Brodie
8. Brent Burns
9. Niklas Kronwall
10. Andrei Markov

What a joke. Letang has been great but he's not even touching the top spot. Doughty shouldn't be top 5, nor should Keith or Subban. Shea Weber isn't even on the list. And the fact that Markov and Burns are on the list ahead of him...

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I hope Letang gets nominated at the end of the year but I really don't think he could win it. Weber should really be on there and Gio should be higher, regardless of how his team does.

Ishdul

Jan 20, 2007
When is Weber going to get the respect that he deserves?
He's been a frequent Norris candidate and is constantly praised as a top 10-ish player in hockey so, probably right now. That list is not indicative of much by itself.

There are arguments against him as a player, by the way.

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
He's been a frequent Norris candidate and is constantly praised as a top 10-ish player in hockey so, probably right now. That list is not indicative of much by itself.

There are arguments against him as a player, by the way.

Continue....

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Half these guys are there because of their name, which is weird because Weber actually deserves to be there and he isn't.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
THN is a rag now. Sports journalism is about as relevant as gaming journalism with clowns like this guy at the helm.

I remember some THN writer voting Daniel Sedin for the Hart but changing the criteria because he felt Sedin was "the best" and there was no reward for that (unless you completely ignore the Lindsay, like that idiot did).

Maybe I'll be editor of that mag in 30 years and it can become somewhat respectable again.

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
THN is a rag now. Sports journalism is about as relevant as gaming journalism with clowns like this guy at the helm.

I remember some THN writer voting Daniel Sedin for the Hart but changing the criteria because he felt Sedin was "the best" and there was no reward for that (unless you completely ignore the Lindsay, like that idiot did).

Maybe I'll be editor of that mag in 30 years and it can become somewhat respectable again.

Lets start HFBoards Monthly

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
Carlson should be somewhere in there I guess and Giordano should be #1 for now.

but it would be funny to see these boards crashing if Letang gets it.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
The Hockey news is a complete joke and has been for awhile. Sad, because I use to collect the old newspaper style issues when I was a kid.

seancolorado

Oct 8, 2011
The Hockey News is not what it once was. They still come out with really on point articles/commentary from time to time so it's not like they are a joke, but they really need to step up their game because some of their writers come across more like forum analysts like you or me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad