The HFNHL Trade Deadline Thread

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
For the Kings, nobody is untouchable, but there are certain players I wouldn't want to deal. Cam Ward, Ryan Whitney, Gilbert Brule...basically the promising young guys as I am re-building this team.

Rob Blake is available for trade. I am looking for futures or a good forward who's not approaching UFA status.

Kyle Calder is also available and has good ratings.

Mike McEwan
HFNHL LA Kings

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Just a reminder that All-Star left winger Vaclav Prospal is now available for trade after he rejected Calgary's last offer.

Default101

Well it's about time i do this....

PHOENIX COYOTES

Players On the Block:
Alyn McCauley
Mark Smith
Derian hatcher
Jose Theodore
Jocelyn Thibault
Cory Sarich

Players That Aren't Untouchable, Should the Right Offer Come Along:
Anyone else that isn't on the above list

Don't Bother Asking about:
nothing, ask for anyone.

On the Search For:
Young Roster players all position
Draft Picks
Prospects

Most Valued By Organization:
Marc-Andre Bergeron
Phil Kessel
Ryane Clowe
David LeNeveu
Jeff Schultz
Jiri Tlusty

Default101

Just a reminder that All-Star left winger Vaclav Prospal is now available for trade after he rejected Calgary's last offer.

hmm... are these replies on offers coming in quick i sent some in about 10 days ago and still have no reply...

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Live Chat Room before the deadline

When are we planning to have a live chat room. I was hoping for this Saturday morning since next week is the easter weekend.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
hmm... are these replies on offers coming in quick i sent some in about 10 days ago and still have no reply...

My offers that were replied too by old Reg were months old. My counters and new offers, which were sent about 10-15 days ago have not yet had a response.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
chat room

Just an FYI ...might need to look for a new service as Microsoft has discontinued the MSN Chat room in Oct 2006.

Default101

Just an FYI ...might need to look for a new service as Microsoft has discontinued the MSN Chat room in Oct 2006.

we could still use the chatroom associated with the yahoo group page correct?

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Reports out of Madison Square Garden indicate that both David Aebischer (78OV) and Tim Thomas (76OV) are still on the block.

"We've had trade discussions about a couple players with a number of teams. So far, we haven't been able to come to an agreement that we like," commened GM Gaffney.

Email all inquiries to [email protected]

HFNHL Red Wings

I did not know that. Any ideas gents? Preferrably not IRC, mIRC, etc but if that's the only options left it might have to be (someone will have to teach me ;) )

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
there are some free chat rooms available that are easy to setup and use...just google free chat rooms and you'll find some. I think yahoo and microsoft stopped their services because of all the illicit behaviour going on and the liability involved with it. Least thats what I heard.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
With the HFNHL trade deadline fast approaching, the Jackets have already moved (NHL Leaf-killer) Slava Kozlov, and are now being courted for the likes of Brendan Shanahan, Geoff Sanderson and Keith Carney.

"Geoff may be moved", GM Doug Emerson indicated to reporters. "We've spoken with him and his agent and they understand that. We're making every effort to re-sign Keith - he's a leader on this team, and we'd like for him to finish his career in Columbus. We've certainly had inquiries, though.

"The same goes for Shanny: he took over the 'C' from Keith and has put this team on his back in recent months, keeping us in the playoff mix. It was a travesty that he wasn't named an All Star - he's that important to this team. We would be hard-pressed to move him."

Are there any moves the Jackets are considering?

"We're in talks with a number of teams, but you know how this goes - it takes weeks or even months to set up a deal, and then it can evapourate in a moment. We'll just keep exploring opportunities that make sense for this team, but if there aren't any deals to be had we'll stand pat - we won't force a bad trade. We're quite satisfied with where the team is going, and we'll turn our eyes to the playoffs, and the Entry Draft."

What players are on the table in those deals?

"I'm not going to go into that - our players need to be focused on what's happening on the ice. Maybe you hadn't noticed, but we just got trounced in two games by the Red Wings... The other teams know we're looking to improve, but I won't kid you - we're not looking for rentals. Any deals we make will need to make sense for us in the middle and long term as well."

Milo Minderbinder
Columbus Discoverer

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
With just a few games until the trading deadlin GM Martin Sedin of the Lightnings announced that the team are still looking to upgrade the current roster for a cup run.

Defenseman is high on the list and the tem wouldnt mind a cheaper option in goal instead of Curtis Jospeh.

Rumours also mention that the team are looking for wingers with good defense ratings as well.

SensGod

Feb 27, 2002
Scotia Bank Place
Visit site
Bruce Garrioch here...I hacked into LT's account and I thought I'd post some interesting information after I overheard the Senators GM talking to him.

Rumors out of Dallas are that GM Laurens Thie might start selling off expensive talent and continue the rebuilding process. At the top of the suspected list are the likes of Numminen, Yashin, Kasparitis, Graham and McCabe. The biggest shocker is that I overhead Kipprusoff's name mentioned as well, but I think they were just joking.

Crap...he's coming back to his office...I'm out.

*grabs doughnut*

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
there are some free chat rooms available that are easy to setup and use...just google free chat rooms and you'll find some. I think yahoo and microsoft stopped their services because of all the illicit behaviour going on and the liability involved with it. Least thats what I heard.

I think they're also pushing the use of MSN/Windows Live Messneger and Yahoo Messenger for chat as well.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Tampa Bay just announced that they have done a smaller deal to bring in a top4 defenseman. Pressconference in Tampa later this weekend to follow. This was not the last deal tht Tampa made this trading deadline, just watch out.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Tampa Bay makes a trade

To Tampa
Jamie Heward

To Atlanta
Jaroslav Balastik
400.000$

Defenseman Jamie Heward is currently the 2nd best scorer in Atlanta with 6 goals and 26 assist for 32 points. Heward will probably play as soon as tomorrow when Tampa will face Carolina Hurricanes.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Jackets deadline update

After playing - and losing to - the Detroit Red Wings twice in the past three games, the Columbus Blue Jackets have reached agreement on a deal with their division rivals, sending veteran winger Brendan Shanahan to the Wings in return for Mark Parrish, prospect C Morten Madsen and Detroit's first round pick in this summer's Entry Draft. Detroit also receives Anaheim's third-round pick in the deal.

Jackets GM Doug Emerson, who less than 24 hours ago was commenting about how important Shanahan was to this team, defended the decision. "He's a great player, and a great leader. But he's also 37, and we aren't winning with him in the lineup, so we had to look to the future. Our fans will understand."

Emerson, who has systematically dealt three of the team's top veterans in the last few weeks (Brodeur and Kozlov being the others) was greeted with rotten eggs when he left his Nationwide Arena office this evening. Sounds like fans understand, all right.

"Hey", Emerson commented after the incident, "at least it means they care - that's something in an expansion city!"

Emerson also confirmed that veteran sniper Geoff Sanderson would be traded to the first team to meet the Jackets' demands, rumoured to be a third-round pick in 2008. Asked if he intended to hold onto Mark Parrish, acquired in the Shanahan trade, he responded: "We intend to, but we'll have to see what's out there."

With confidence like that, don't expect to see lineups of fans buying Jackets jerseys with Parrish's name on them anytime soon...

Milo Minderbinder
Columbus Discoverer

Last edited:

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Rumours out of Florida mention that Tampa Bay hasnt made their final trade of this weekend. Who is next? Just read your local Florida paper to find out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad