The Great John Hayden Debate (& other ex-Hawks): Volume 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I could've sworn he was gonna be on the team but they're "sending him down" for cap purposes till Thursday?

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Not surprising to those who watched Joki at the WC imo. I'm not sure he can correct his issues but as it stands right now he isn't an NHL player.

And even if he gets a few games early in the season btw it's only because Montour and Bogo are injured. There is a lot of RDs over there.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I don't think anyone believed Calder would be the best outta that line.

Fans I agree. Brass...Sometimes I can't tell if the past or current brass really believe(d) their own generated hype or were trying to do their best horse-trader act trying to sell the fans on a move that promised the stars but delivered the sewers.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Semi-hot take... If I had to pick one guy, Q would be my pick to win coach of the year. New coach with a team that could make the leap. It's an easy narrative to write, which is what these awards often are.

Reactions: Drumman44

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I don't like Kitchen at all. The PK was terrible and if he runs the PP as well, he needs to be fired. Planting Barkov in front of the net is probably the dumbest thing you can do. We had a powerplay in the 3rd and he didn't touch the puck once.

Plus, Kitchen has a dumb face.
Best post-game comment is this one. It's been ONE GAME and this guy already figured it out lol

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
And doesn't he need time for his players to adjust to his system? ;)

Haha but in all seriousness, it takes time to develop chemistry and instincts in systems. I was far from pro Q at the end but we all need to be realistic.

And they were playing TB, arguably the best team in the NHL. The outcome wasn't unexpected by any stretch.

Exactly. They did out shoot TB but I am don't think Florida looked that good.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The Panthers defense is almost as bad as the Blackhawks, and Q is already doghousing Yandle, one of their better play drivers.

Reactions: Pez68

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Panthers beat the Lightning 4-3. 2/3 on the pp.

Yandle played 13:54. It appears he is very much already in Q's doghouse.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Panthers beat the Lightning 4-3. 2/3 on the pp.

Yandle played 13:54. It appears he is very much already in Q's doghouse.

Just insane how much Q doesn't like those type of dmen. He's playing Matheson and Weegar way above him lol.

Wonder how the Panthers board is going to be reacting to him as the season goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad