Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Dad Got Angry & Skinner and Tuch Lead the Way, 3-2 Win 11/24/23

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Now it's the time for the fan base and press to stay on KA/DG about bad roster management, The Levi issue, and making playoffs over hurting feelings.

Reactions: Grinder44

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Missed the 1st.

Good:
Come-from- behind-down-2-goals win.
The 3rd period effort.
Overcoming Dahlin's gaffe. He was channeling that Nebraska women's soccer goalie on the recent playoff free kick.
Both goalies played well.

Bad:
UPL too deep in net on GA #1. @littletonhockeycoach called it out.

Ugly:
Letang whiny little bitch. Gave Krebs an extra shot when down then whined the rest of the game and the Peterka "penalty" too.
Crosby whiny little bitch chasing after the refs at the end. Numerous Pen holds hooks and interference not called and he has the gall to whine?
Ref at the left (broadcast) end of the ice to UPL's left with ~7:30 remaining in the 3rd period, puck heads into his skates in the corner and he makes no attempt to get out of the way, allowing the Pen forechecker to close on the Sabre d-man and dangerously bring him (Sabres) to the ice from behind. Dude, I thought they teach you to get out of the way of the puck / play when you're a high schooler reffing peewee house league. Jackass.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
If he can go on a month-long heater while Tage is out... please and thank you.
Yes - he's looked much better. However, I cannot believe he didn't shoot the damn puck on the PP where O'Connor (I think) was defending him with no stick. Dahlin tried to set Vic up 3 or 4 times, and he never took the shot. If he's not going to shoot on the power play when the defender has no stick, then he shouldn't be out there. That's his main purpose in life.

EJ had some nice, hard, clean hits. Clifton added a couple too. Nice to see.

I was glad to see Skinner and Tuch get those points. They both have looked a bit off - especially on shot accuracy. Maybe this helps re-calibrate them.

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
That's exactly what I thought was happening and said it a couple times in the GDT. They are just over thinking the system too much.
Razor said it a dozen times. Too much thinking, need to react.

Very happy to get the (right) call on the potential Peterka penalty. And then another (right) call for holding with less than 30 seconds left. With the Pens down a score, seemed like a perfect opportunity for the refs to "manage" the game.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Razor said it a dozen times. Too much thinking, need to react.

Very happy to get the (right) call on the potential Peterka penalty. And then another (right) call for holding with less than 30 seconds left. With the Pens down a score, seemed like a perfect opportunity for the refs to "manage" the game.

Ray avoids too much thinking at all costs.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Hesitant, apathetic, lazy...they look like all of those things when they're not playing on instinct...because they're thinking too damn much...because they're not sure what to do in a more structured game plan.

I still blame coaching to a large extent. It's Granato's job to get them on point and up for the game at puck drop. They STILL aren't ready on the GO button to start games. Patience with roster moves, patience with player development, patience with players "finding their game". It all breeds a low energy atmosphere or complacency. JFC how about what Okposo said post-game, and just skate hard and go after it?? IDK what has them so cautious, but puck support, back-checking, avoiding river-boat gambling pinches doesn't require much thinking.

These guys aren't learning a new f-ing sport but my god you would think so. Maybe...just MAYBE this can be a bit of a turning point. If Granato can't get them charged up at full speed maybe some players can get the energy up from now on.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
The Good -

Winning!
Getting Skinner and Tuch to contribute.
Krebs early on was really active.
Vic. Yes. Vic.
Coming out on the right side of a review? What timeline is this?
Ryan Johnson.
EJ's hit on Smith.
Cozens' effort to beat EK to the puck and draw the late penalty.

The Bad -

Sammy and Dahlin making mistakes that directly lead to GA1 and GA2.

The Ugly -

Getting down 2-0.
I do not enjoy the TNT product.
11-7 with an easy roster move to get them help.
Greenway hurting and missed the game.
Gus hurt and left the game.
The top seeded teams don't need youth , so , injuries are quite the rejuvenation on teams as kids watch from the affiliate or press. I imagine they know the team. Like a fan.

If this (ka plan ) can grow in its orobouros fight w necessity/reality expectation....
Can't believe they won.
This is our issue. But wins and or efforts like this will erase trauma. Real or bs darpa inflicted. Cool. One step at a time. None of us can fake belief

RecycledEichel

Out with the old...
Oct 19, 2013
Raleigh
Overall I’m still not impressed and don’t see this team improving in terms of the game they’re looking to play now. But they’re finding a way… barely.

So they’re at least keeping themselves alive while they hopefully figure it out eventually.
They have to stay afloat until Thompson gets back. Then, they can start picking up steam

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
The Good -

Winning!
Getting Skinner and Tuch to contribute.
Krebs early on was really active.
Vic. Yes. Vic.
Coming out on the right side of a review? What timeline is this?
Ryan Johnson.
EJ's hit on Smith.
Cozens' effort to beat EK to the puck and draw the late penalty.

The Bad -

Sammy and Dahlin making mistakes that directly lead to GA1 and GA2.

The Ugly -

Getting down 2-0.
I do not enjoy the TNT product.
11-7 with an easy roster move to get them help.
Greenway hurting and missed the game.
Gus hurt and left the game.
The top seeded teams don't need youth , so , injuries are quite the rejuvenation on teams as kids watch from the affiliate or press. I imagine they know the team. Like a fan.

If this occurs we'll be better or have that chance w fine tuning
Still want to know why a high stick can be looked at but an obvious headshot does not need to be addressed in any way at all.
its like making sense of the wwe.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I swear there is a place in this league for Krebs. It's probably not here, but he is going to carve a career out.

Same for VO, although I still don't trust the guy.

Awesome job by the Johnsons and by UPL in the last 40 minutes.

This team may just be turning the corner? Wait til Samuelsson figures his slump out.

Oh, also, the game was on TNT tonight? I made my return to the rink for the first time in a decade and had multiple heart attacks but made it out alive and was stunned that Buffalo was on the TV around the rink...in Charlotte. Very cool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad