Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly -- Bedeviled 11/25/22 3-1 loss to Jersey

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Good:

- Second line had a lot of push
- Vic supporting and winds up finishing a nice play from 37 and 10.
- Using posts for good in their own zone. Twice.
- Limited odd-man rushes against again to just a couple.
- Dahlin, especially late.
- Anderson with a bunch of 10-bell saves.
- Jost's energy.

The Bad:

- Devils just flashing what they do all night with the shots.
- The third goal was a goal they needed stopped.

The Ugly:

- But continuing to use posts for evil.
- This league has a fundamental issue with the officiating. Two goals scored and not counted. Clownishly bad.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
G:
The team physicality was great.
Dahlin coming out of his comfort level to lay a big hit.
Jost is like another Asplund but finishes checks. Love what he brings
Team didn't quit.

B:
The passing was rough for most of the night. Wasn't as crisp as usual.
The linesmen were terrible... wayyy too anal about dropping to puck.
Would've liked Andy to make the save on the 3rd goal.

U:
nothing really.

You just gotta tip you cap, the Devils were the better team but loved how the Sabres didn't quite.

This loss wasn't for lack of effort

Last edited:

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Clearly were the lesser of two teams but didn’t embarrass themselves. With some luck and decent officiating they might have earned a point

Reactions: Xirik and sabremike

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
The refs are becoming an issue in this league. Why was the whistle blown when there is a puck sitting free in the crease?
Because he was doing the snow angel. Refs fall for that kind of stuff. They should look where the puck is, but honestly i think sometimes it's really difficult to follow the puck in those scrambly situations. Should be more video reviewable

Reactions: enthusiast

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Yea, I mean Sabres deserved a few more goals tonight.

But, so did the devils. We probably should have lost 5 - 4 tonight

Because he was doing the snow angel. Refs fall for that kind of stuff. They should look where the puck is, but honestly i think sometimes it's really difficult to follow the puck in those scrambly situations. Should be more video reviewable

This! Classic goalie falling over which puts a time limit until a whistle is blown over.

Step 1: fall over

Step 2: Chaos will ensure

Step 3: A whistle will be blown…for no reason

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Props to the Devils. They came in here and pretty much dominated the entire game. You would have thought they were down by 2 with how they played in the 3rd. Sabres didn't look good all game.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Yea, I mean Sabres deserved a few more goals tonight.

But, so did the devils. We probably should have lost 5 - 4 tonight

This! Classic goalie falling over which puts a time limit until a whistle is blown over.

Step 1: fall over

Step 2: Chaos will ensure

Step 3: A whistle will be blown…for no reason
Unless the goalie covers the puck with Tage coming at him. Then no whistle and the goalie gets the play the puck. Good stuff from the refs.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
This is a game where Thompson was pretty much shut down except a flash or two. Learning opportunity to continue to raise his game

Reactions: brian_griffin

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Props to the Devils. They came in here and pretty much dominated the entire game. You would have thought they were down by 2 with how they played in the 3rd. Sabres didn't look good all game.

Thought the Sabres were significantly better than Jersey in the third but score effects are a thing. The Devils didn't need to press and they sat back.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
The Devils were the better team for most of the game and deserved the win.

But it’s soooo tiresome dealing with the level of incompetence the officials bring most nights.

I can’t believe someone like Kea, for example, is already officiating NHL games. He was atrocious at the AHL level. He’s kind of symbolic of how shallow the officiating bench is.

Last edited:

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
It seems like the Sabres kind of figured out what they needed to do as the game went on, but it was too little too late. Maybe we’ll get them next time.

That Olofsson goal was great. Excellent hustle and finish.

RecycledEichel

Out with the old...
Oct 19, 2013
Raleigh
Posts and disallowed goals. With how good the devils are, I'm pretty happy with how this team played, especially as this game went on

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Was there for the game.

Have never seen a worse-reffed game live.

That said, NJD was the better team.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Or the ref get off his lazy ass and play behind the net.

thesr need to be subject of review if the puck us obviously free like that and it’s knocked in.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta

Devils fan coming in peace once again ( I posted in your GDT).
I think Dahlin is correct . The 1st period the Devils took it to you guys but you guys got better and better as the game went on.
Usually we don’t alter the game plan in the 3rd even if up by one goal . Then the final maybe 5 minutes they back off on the forecheck / pinching / D standing up in the neutral zone . That was the first time I have seen the Devils get put on their heels while leading in the 3rd .
It’s only a matter of when fir the Sabres . They gave elite pieces still coming and they are already a dynamic team. I can see the Sabres sitting on top of the East soon and will be there for awhile

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad