Mask: Itech 4600
Pants: Itech 9.8

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Leg Pads:

32" Heaton 10 White/Red/White Seniors
36" Reebok Cujo Seniors (yeah, 36" is way too big for me, I'm a cheater :D)

Heaton 10 White/Red/White Blocker/Glove
Itech 9.8 pants
Itech 4.8 chest
CCM Brodeur mask
CCM 6 stick (my buddy lost my Brodeur game used Heaton 10 stick :madfire: )

damoose212001

Jan 16, 2005
Pittsburgh
All my pads are custom colored colored and also custom fitted made by a small company up in Canada called Litespeed, but anyways:

36 inch pads
Matching Litespeed blocker and catcher
Bauer skates(need sharpened badly, I almost killed myself in practice tonight)
Itech helmet
Vaughn chest protector(I love it, I got it for 75% off!)
CCM stick, actually same one pictured above, I like that one alot, but next one is a Reebok one, they're very light.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
medmed said:
your pads look very small. Are they new? (to be "under" NHL rules)

Nah, those are at least a couple years old. My new Reeboks are just absurd though.

I think I started with 29", went to 30", then 32", then 34", and now I'm at 36". And I've remained the same height through that time ;)

Jacques Plante

Aug 29, 2004
Montreal--Downtown
36 inch Don Simmons Ultra Lights
Don Simmons Matrix Blocker
Brian's Trapper
Simmons 991 Chest Protector
Sher Wood Sticks

I had the Brians leopard skin Jock, but it wasn't working to well :help: so I had to get a different one.

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
34" Heaton 10 SR pads Black/White (bought these almost two years ago, looking to upgrade eventually as I don't find 34" is long enough for me as I'm 6'2)
Vaughn T1000 glove (in need of a serious upgrade here...looking at a Vaughn Velocity glove)
Vaughn Velocity blocker
Brian's pants (not sure of the model)
Brian's chest protector (again, not sure of the model)
Itech mask (Red Dog paint job)
Bauer Supreme 1000 goalie skates
Koho 590 goal sticks (Roy curve)

Jacques Plante

Aug 29, 2004
Montreal--Downtown
Hedberg said:
I have a Velo glove and it is very good. I recommed it.

I've seen those Velo gloves and they do look nice. They look really good fro 'blocking' with that little strip that goes from the pocket to the big pad at the end.(horrible description I know)

Last edited:

McGuillicuddy

Sep 6, 2005
Hehe..my equipment is so sh!thouse I'm laughing as I type.

32" Ferland Victory pads ca. 1994 :)
Some Vic body armour I bought 4 years ago
Louisville Bionic Trapper
Brian's Beast Blocker (my gloves are my only decent equipment)
Simmons Mask (the one that looks like the I-Tech)
D&R pants ca. 1995 :)
CCM 'Brodeur' stick (I like a long paddle)

I'm just hoping all my old stuff will hang on until I'm finished my work here in the UK, so I can start fresh when I come back to Canada. :)

Hounsy

Dec 28, 2003
A wonderful location
Visit site
Pads:Litespeed LSP2's 32 with a decent stock thigh rise
Glove: Smith (Same as Velocity one I believe, no cheater bar)
Blocker: Smith
C/A: Vaughn Velocity
Stick: Itech 8.8 Dafoe(bought 4 for $164 cdn total after shipping on ebay)
Mask: Simmons Matrix pro
Pants: Itech 4.8

After switching pads and gloves a few times I'm now very happy with the gear I have and how it fits to my game. May buy a flat faced pant(Matrix or 11.8) to start the season and see what I think, though I like the feel of the pants I have they are falling apart on me.

Last edited:

Avant-Gardien

May 6, 2005
Cambridge, MA
Pads: Battram Deceptors: Custom-built to fit a 17.5" ATK with a 1" thigh rise and all quick-release nylon buckles / straps
Glove: Battram Myst (similar to TPS Bionic with Heaton 6 backhand), custom-built to fit hand
Blocker: Battram Myst thin-board, custom ridge added to sidewall
C/A: Vaughn 7000 Velocity
Skates: Graf 750 Cobra
Jock: Eagle Double Cup
Stick: RBK 6K Cujo
Mask: (Outgoing) Eddy GT; (Incoming) Custom-built ProtechSport (FYI, ProtechSport is the current maker of legacy Lefevre masks, as in the ones worn by Roy / Theodore / Garon / Denis / Giguere / Brodeur / Lalime etc etc)
Pants: Vaughn Legacy

Avant-Gardien

May 6, 2005
Cambridge, MA
BooBlancRouge said:
Vaughn T1000 glove (in need of a serious upgrade here...looking at a Vaughn Velocity glove)

You may well be better suited to the Epic trapper than the Velocity if you're comfortable with the break on a T1000. The Velo has a decidedly unusual break, being in the palm as opposed to a traditional break out by the fingers. As such, it's an excellent blocking glove but is surpassed by the Epic, and if you can still find it, the 6000, when it comes to catching.

canadahockeygirl*

It's been a while since I've put my equipment on...

TPS Bionic pads (32"), blocker, and catcher-- all custom done (the pads were a 2002 purchase, gloves more recent since my little kid hands don't work with adult gloves)
don't remember the chest protector
stick depends on if I'm playing mens/womens hockey
skates- my old Bauers that I had in HS. They're too comfy to get rid of.

damoose212001

Jan 16, 2005
Pittsburgh
Hounsy said:
Pads:Litespeed LSP2's 32 with a decent stock thigh rise
Glove: Smith (Same as Velocity one I believe, no cheater bar)
Blocker: Smith
C/A: Vaughn Velocity
Stick: Itech 8.8 Dafoe(bought 4 for $164 cdn total after shipping on ebay)
Mask: Simmons Matrix pro
Pants: Itech 4.8

After switching pads and gloves a few times I'm now very happy with the gear I have and how it fits to my game. May buy a flat faced pant(Matrix or 11.8) to start the season and see what I think, though I like the feel of the pants I have they are falling apart on me.

hah, I thought i was the only person with Litespeed pads. How you like yours, personally, these are the best pads I've used and I've been through my fair share.(Itech, Koho, Missions(used for inline), and now the Litespeed's, and these things are amazing.

Hounsy

Dec 28, 2003
A wonderful location
Visit site
damoose212001 said:
hah, I thought i was the only person with Litespeed pads. How you like yours, personally, these are the best pads I've used and I've been through my fair share.(Itech, Koho, Missions(used for inline), and now the Litespeed's, and these things are amazing.

Love them, bought them used(less than a month) of E-bay for $350 us on a whim and the playability and feel is the best I've tried, though I suspect other barand of the new thin high flex sub five Lbs pads would impress me equally, but with custom built litespeeds going for $780 Cdn I think they are a steal so they'd still get my business if I was buying new right now. Mine are actually the exact same colours(yellow and white honeycomb) as the ones on the litespeed web site, for all I know they may be those exact pads.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
all my stuff is black/white itech stuff (except chest protector & skates - bauer), beyond that, i have no idea about models & numbers and all that junk. frankly i don't care, it stops pucks. i think some of it says "Profile" on it, if that makes sense. it's about 5-6 years old, so maybe a more knowledgable person can figure it out and make me look like a fool :propeller .

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
Pads: 32'' Brians Demons (Custom 34+1 Brians Dx2s on order)
Blocker: TPS Bionic Int.
Glove: Custom Bauer Vapor 2
Skates: Bauer 7000s
Chest&Arm: Brians Alite
Pants: Mckenney Jr.s
Sticks: CCM H10s
Mask: Protechsport Giguere
Rbk Pro Collar

Brad*

I had a set of Brian's Beast pads with Brian's glove and blocker, that were from a few years ago, but I really wore them out. I'm looking for some new pads now, actually. I'll probably get something used off ebay...

I'm thinking about the Koho 490 SR's, as they can be had pretty cheap when they're used. How do you like em Hedberg?

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Brad said:
I'm thinking about the Koho 490 SR's, as they can be had pretty cheap when they're used. How do you like em Hedberg?
They would wear out quickly if you used them more than 2 or 3 times a week and the thigh boards are a bit big, but other than that, I really like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad