The Free Agency/Trades Thread (Proposals, Speculation, Rumors) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I'd be pretty shocked if any free agent moves are done. Most likely we see a couple kids from Milwaukee up, but that's about it. Bye Bye Goose.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
let goose go, and find a way to get ribeiro out...put kamenev on the third line and sign a winger. There's some good options.

lock up forsberg and take a strong look at the following.
Milan Lucic (think he stays w/ LAK)
Kyle Okposo (think EDM gives him mad money)
Andrew Ladd (fits in FLA IMO)
Loui Eriksson (def. have a shot - might stay in BOS)
Mikkel Boedker (give him the money - his speed :naughty: )
Jiri Hudler (interesting one here - would like him, might cost too much)
Radim Vrbata (declined hard this year - but still an option)
David Perron (unsure)
Troy Brouwer (stays w/ STL)
Frans Nielsen (gonna get some good money)
Darren Helm (guy we could use on the 4th line)
Kris Versteeg (always like how he plays)

I honestly would like to see us sign a UFA center and give Kamenev some good looks this season. PLay Sissons at the 4th Line C spot after Goose is gone. If we can offload Ribeiro, I like the free agent center options but am licking my chops at seeing Kamenev get to the NHL as soon as possible. Just not sure he is entirely ready yet.

Therefore, I would say throw some money at the following from the above list.
(in order of my liking)

1. Kyle Okposo - give it a shot
2. Mikkel Boedker - him on the 1st w/ Johansen - :sarcasm:
3. Loui Eriksson - term could be the issue here
4. Jiri Hudler
5. Darren Helm - grit
6. Kris Versteeg/Radim Vrbata

thoughts?

1st day of the offseason and I'm wasting no time armchairing haha.

Last edited:

KurtAngle

Mar 31, 2016
Ribs will be back. Johansen will help by moving Ribs to the 2nd or even 3rd line where he belongs by now.

One of the great things I love about Laviolette is he will give guys like Fiala or any other guy up from Milwaukee a chance to come in and play next year. Trotz did some very good things here, but Forsberg would probably still be in Milwaukee if Trotz was here.

Jarnkrok needs to step up.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Ribs will be better he'll have sheltered minutes, we could try him on the wing also. I think Wilson could give it a shot as a center. This team is built ideally: legit #1G, hell of a top-4, #1C, and #1LW and #1RW.

I think Fisher just showed that he is ready for one more run.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I think Bitetto is fine as that number 5 guy but we need a big physical shutdown, pking defenseman to play with him. Weber is a year older next year and has some hard mileage on him. We can't continue to play him like that. He doesn't play like Josi or Suter, he plays a tough physical game that's very taxing on the body.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
defenseman available that may be on the cheaper side for what we would want them to do

Ben Lovejoy
Jordie Benn
Jeff Schultz
Kevan Millar
Yevgeni Medvedev
David Schlemko

I'd like Millar out of that group

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Ribs will be back. Johansen will help by moving Ribs to the 2nd or even 3rd line where he belongs by now.

One of the great things I love about Laviolette is he will give guys like Fiala or any other guy up from Milwaukee a chance to come in and play next year. Trotz did some very good things here, but Forsberg would probably still be in Milwaukee if Trotz was here.

Jarnkrok needs to step up.
Yeah, if only Barry had let those young guys like Kuznetsov and Burakovsky have a chance, those Caps might have done something this season. :sarcasm:

Are we talking about the same Lavy that gave the offensive prospects (Fiala, Aberg, etc...) a mere token appearance this season while trotting out vets like Goose, Nystrom, and Ribs during extended periods of ineffectiveness?

Interestingly enough, the only prospects that got major play this season are the same types that Trotz was never accused of holding back (e.g. Sissons, Salomaki, Potato).

Last edited:

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
let goose go, and find a way to get ribeiro out...put kamenev on the third line and sign a winger. There's some good options.

lock up forsberg and take a strong look at the following.
Milan Lucic (think he stays w/ LAK)
Kyle Okposo (think EDM gives him mad money)
Andrew Ladd (fits in FLA IMO)
Loui Eriksson (def. have a shot - might stay in BOS)
Mikkel Boedker (give him the money - his speed :naughty: )
Jiri Hudler (interesting one here - would like him, might cost too much)
Radim Vrbata (declined hard this year - but still an option)
David Perron (unsure)
Troy Brouwer (stays w/ STL)
Frans Nielsen (gonna get some good money)
Darren Helm (guy we could use on the 4th line)
Kris Versteeg (always like how he plays)

I honestly would like to see us sign a UFA center and give Kamenev some good looks this season. PLay Sissons at the 4th Line C spot after Goose is gone. If we can offload Ribeiro, I like the free agent center options but am licking my chops at seeing Kamenev get to the NHL as soon as possible. Just not sure he is entirely ready yet.

Therefore, I would say throw some money at the following from the above list.
(in order of my liking)

1. Kyle Okposo - give it a shot
2. Mikkel Boedker - him on the 1st w/ Johansen - :sarcasm:
3. Loui Eriksson - term could be the issue here
4. Jiri Hudler
5. Darren Helm - grit
6. Kris Versteeg/Radim Vrbata

thoughts?

1st day of the offseason and I'm wasting no time armchairing haha.

I think a players like Ladd and Versteeg would fit in well with the younger players. Plus they have been through the battles to a Cup.

I like Okposo but he catches heck from islanders fans.

Eriksson would be nice.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Okposo would be on the top of my list but he's going to get paid.

Boedker and Eriksson are the guys I'd legitimately target in terms of cost efficiency vs talent.

Guys like Lucic and Ladd will find opportunities elsewhere I feel.

The biggest additions will be made from the Ads.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Like drwpreds said, we don't need to fix anything, but rather tweak. Trade for #2C (Bozak maybe) and sign a top6 winger (that net front guy). Get rid of Ribeiro and Nystrom.

(??) - Johansen - Neal
Forsberg - (Bozak) - Smith
Wilson - Fisher - Fiala
Jarnkrok - Sissons - Salomaki

Mix and match based on who we sign/trade for, see who comes strong in training camp

Our top4 is great. Jackman is solid #6 (and has one more year with us right?) and Bitetto could take a step forward. I don't see any reason to mess with that in the offseason. Make adjustments closer to trade deadline, if necessary.

jusu11

Jun 27, 2012
I really don't know where we could slot new UFA players assuming Fiala is good to go.

Forsberg-Johansen-Smith
Fiala-Fisher-Neal
Wilson-Kamenev/Ribeiro-Arvi
Salomaki-Sissons-Järnkrok

The 3rd line C spot is a ? for me and I don't like to put Wilson back on the third line but you can't roll with Fiala-Ribs-Arvi as your third line..

KurtAngle

Mar 31, 2016
Yeah, if only Barry had let those young guys like Kuznetsov and Burakovsky have a chance, those Caps might have done something this season. :sarcasm:

Are we talking about the same Lavy that gave the offensive prospects (Fiala, Aberg, etc...) a mere token appearance this season while trotting out vets like Goose, Nystrom, and Ribs during extended periods of ineffectiveness?

Interestingly enough, the only prospects that got major play this season are the same types that Trotz was never accused of holding back (e.g. Sissons, Salomaki, Potato).

If Trotz had been here we would have stuck Forsberg with Clune again and wondered why his line did not score before sending him back to Milwaukee.

I don't think Ekholm would have even been here with Trotz. Jarnkrok would have probably been in Milwaukee, too.

Nobody thinks any coach should play guys not ready, such as Fiala and others. But Trotz held back so many young guys. If you include the regular season, Ribs wasn't ineffective, nor Goose who filled his role. I might disagree playing Ribs after game 2, but it's understandable a coach going for experience with Ribs.

Speaking of Trotz, if his team chokes yet again next year he is going to be on a very hot seat yet again as I doubt they will be as forgiving as Nashville was with him.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
He's playing wing anyway, might as well make it official.

Exactly. You can't have a 35% faceoff, incapable defender, playing center ice. let him play wing.

We need a top 6 forward. We need a defensive defenseman/bruiser who can play 4/5 minutes.

I would prefer to move Ellis and Ekholm away from each other. Ellis holds him back.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Okposo would be on the top of my list but he's going to get paid.

Boedker and Eriksson are the guys I'd legitimately target in terms of cost efficiency vs talent.

Guys like Lucic and Ladd will find opportunities elsewhere I feel.

The biggest additions will be made from the Ads.

This is my thought process as well.

Ads: Sissons, Aberg, Fiala, and possibly Kamenev (more likely on a call up basis)
FA's: Boedker or Eriksson, possibly Versteeg.

Okposo will get way more than what we would offer or should offer based on other guys we need to give big money to.

Ladd will cost too much as well I think.

If we could get Boedker for 4x5-5.5 and Versteeg possibly at 1x2 or 2x2.5 I'd do it. Then fill the 4th C spot with Sissons.

Just don't know where they fit and who they move out. If you get 2 wings you're effectively moving out roles of Arvidsson, Salomaki or Jarnkrok.

With PL's likeness for Calle I don't see him going anywhere. Would like to keep the bull there. Could see Bourque done. Then we need to move Nystrom and Ribeiro. But even still we'd only add essentially one spot where Ribeiro was.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
With PL's likeness for Calle I don't see him going anywhere. Would like to keep the bull there. Could see Bourque done. Then we need to move Nystrom and Ribeiro. But even still we'd only add essentially one spot where Ribeiro was.

That's why we only add 1 winger or move Wilson/Smith aswell. Shouldn't add in the expense of holding back the youngsters too much.

Of course if say Fiala is moved, then there's no problem

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Does Ribeiro look to score enough to capably play wing?

No. Not really. Not as we have seen right now, but he has the offensive gifts to play in a decreased responsibility role. Who knows, maybe he alters his game a bit and flourishes there. I just do not think he will work at center at this point.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Tyler Bozak

To me, Tyler Bozak seems like he would fit very well into Nashville's lineup as the 2C (this would only be possible/make sense if the Preds were able to move Ribeiro).

I've seen some chatter on twitter/these boards that would suggest that Nashville fans are interested in a move like this.

What better place to find out than the Nashville boards?

Are Preds fans at all interested in adding Bozak and if so, what would you be willing to move for him.

He's a good player and proved this season that he is more than just the product of Kessel but with that being said, the Leafs are looking at another garbage year next year and there really isn't a point of holding onto a player like him (or JVR for that matter).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad