The Free Agency/Trades Thread (Proposals, Speculation, Rumors) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I said in the FA thread that Bozak would be a perfect fit. He can play 2C well, proved this year he didn't need Kessel and is on a short term deal which gives us further time to develop Kamenev. The Leafs will also accept a cap dump back like Nystrom.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
You know what? That offer actually bothers me more than others. I am a huge Saros fan, even with his size. Not sure I make that deal.

Until you have something in the pipeline as a possible replacement for Rinne you really can't afford to. It would literally leave us nothing.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Not a lot of moves. Continuation is a good thing, let the team know each other and gel. Way better option than moving guys left and right.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I like Bozak and have been advocating for picking him up here; I think he'd be a great add.

I also think attempting to reach for JVR in the same move is a tad insane. :)

KreamofAskarov

Here for fun
Dec 26, 2010
Canada
I think Bozak here as a 2nd line C would be a great fit. I would add Ribeiro as a cap dumb instead of Nystrom though. I'm sure both teams could make it work.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Now that I've had a day of rest to reflect....

I would personally move Wilson. Call me a cold hearted *******, but his value may never be higher. We can't afford another season of invisible Wilson with his price tag. You can only move him if you find the right young center/goalie coming back.

I would move Fiala too. It's obvious to me the organization doesn't trust him, for whatever reason. I also think Arvidsson may be the better player long term for this team. I don't know what Fiala nets you, but it could be moving up in the draft to select a player who could impact the roster next year. Just my 2 cents.

I would look into moving Ribs, but I doubt anyone would take him. I have a feeling we are stuck with him unless we buy him out. We aren't going to get great value for him at any rate. May be more valuable with the team than not. Hard to say.

My ideal lineup next year would be

Eriksson/Lucic Johansen Neal
Forsberg Bozak/traded player/Ribs Smith
Wilson/Salomaki Fisher Arvidsson
Salomaki/Jarnkrok Sissions Watson
Jarnkrok

Eriksson and Lucic would be awesome for this team. Good net presence in both of them and playoff tested warriors. Getting one of them would be a massive upgrade on that top line left wing.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN

I would personally move Wilson. Call me a cold hearted *******, but his value may never be higher. We can't afford another season of invisible Wilson with his price tag. You can only move him if you find the right young center/goalie coming back.

I would move Fiala too. It's obvious to me the organization doesn't trust him, for whatever reason. I also think Arvidsson may be the better player long term for this team. I don't know what Fiala nets you, but it could be moving up in the draft to select a player who could impact the roster next year. Just my 2 cents.

I would look into moving Ribs, but I doubt anyone would take him. I have a feeling we are stuck with him unless we buy him out. We aren't going to get great value for him at any rate. May be more valuable with the team than not. Hard to say.

Jarnkrok

Eriksson and Lucic would be awesome for this team. Good net presence in both of them and playoff tested warriors. Getting one of them would be a massive upgrade on that top line left wing.

Eriksson is a great rebound finder. That would be a welcome commodity as well.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
i think Lucic goes back to LA.

I would move Wilson as well. Saros is clearly the heir apparent to Rinne's throne, so Mazanec would be more expendable, although a tandem of Saros w/ Mazanec backing him up makes for a pretty solid future, or so it seems.

we do need to add some pieces though because we were close to a WCF. A move at the deadline for secondary scoring would have helped.

via mynhltraderumors.com
On the Nashville Predators …

Craig Custance of ESPN: Looking at what the offseason focus for Predators GM David Poile should be.

1. Sign Filip Forsberg to a long-term contract extension – A bridge deal now may end up costing the Predators more in the long run like it might for Kings Tyler Toffoli. A long-term extension might come in around Vladimir Tarasenko’s contract – eight years at $7.5 million per season.

2. Try to sign Loui Eriksson – The Predators talked to the Bruins about Eriksson at the deadline. Now that they have a No. 1 center in Ryan Johansen, Eriksson is exactly what they need. Maybe they could try to get him on a four or five year deal.

3. Trade Colin Wilson – If the Predators want to improve in other areas, they may need to move Wilson and his salary. He’s been inconsistent, but had a good playoff run, so they are not trading him with a low value.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Saros and something else.

Absolutely not.

I don't really like the idea of trading for Bozak. Nothing against him as a player because I like him, but Toronto would be dumb to not get good value and if they are wanting goaltending and/or defensive players/prospects we make bad partners.

I'd rather see if we can find something in FA or see what Kamenev can do.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

I would move Wilson as well. Saros is clearly the heir apparent to Rinne's throne, so Mazanec would be more expendable, although a tandem of Saros w/ Mazanec backing him up makes for a pretty solid future, or so it seems.

we do need to add some pieces though because we were close to a WCF. A move at the deadline for secondary scoring would have helped.

via mynhltraderumors.com

Craig Custance of ESPN: Looking at what the offseason focus for Predators GM David Poile should be.

1. Sign Filip Forsberg to a long-term contract extension – A bridge deal now may end up costing the Predators more in the long run like it might for Kings Tyler Toffoli. A long-term extension might come in around Vladimir Tarasenko’s contract – eight years at $7.5 million per season.

2. Try to sign Loui Eriksson – The Predators talked to the Bruins about Eriksson at the deadline. Now that they have a No. 1 center in Ryan Johansen, Eriksson is exactly what they need. Maybe they could try to get him on a four or five year deal.

3. Trade Colin Wilson – If the Predators want to improve in other areas, they may need to move Wilson and his salary. He’s been inconsistent, but had a good playoff run, so they are not trading him with a low value.
Lucic has stated he wants to stay in LA and (iirc) would take less to make it happen.

Wilson is such a tough call. So unimpressive in the regular season but one of our best 2-3 players in the playoffs. I would agree about moving him while his value is probably at its height, but it needs to be the right type of return.

marone

May 17, 2010
Sweden
Blackhawks is about to sign one of the best goalies in Sweden, Lars Johansson 28. Could have been a great backup to Pekka. But maybe Preds wasn't even interested.
The Chicago Blackhawks are close to signing Swedish undrafted free agent goaltender Lars Johansson, reports John Rylander.

Johansson, 28, was named the Swedish Hockey League's Goaltender of the Year after posting a 27-6 record with seven shutouts and a league-best 1.74 goals-against average and .927 save percentage in 37 games to lead Frölunda HC to a league title. He also won the Champions League this past season with Frölunda.

In three seasons with Frölunda, the 6-foot, 198-pound net minder is 56-27 with 11 shutouts. He has never lost more than 11 games in a season.
http://www.secondcityhockey.com/201...nda-goaltender-lars-johansson-nhl-rumors-2016

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=4386

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Why do you guys want to trade Wilson?? He had hell of a playoff run, easily our best player. We need that guy next year when we make a run. My goodness, he carried us.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN

Jarnkrok

So Salomaki as a potential 3rd liner and Jarnkrok who had 16 goals, is either on the bench or in the press box.. Don't see the logic

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN

via mynhltraderumors.com

Moving Wilson hurts depth scoring. Go hard after Eriksson, keep Wilson for amazing winger depth and hope he turns into a 40 point guy, if not move him for whatever you get.

I think Fiala makes the roster, so that's a lot of skill on the wings and adding Bozak through trade would be great two-way play with our centers.

Bozak, Eriksson, and Fiala pushing for a full time roster spot is best case scenario

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
We could trade Vesey's rights for Ericsson's that way we could have 1st shot at signing him. Not sure how things will look cap wise though if we sign Ericsson and Forsberg. All we are getting rid of is Gaustad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad