Rumor: The Fourth period: Quick to Leafs?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
According to The Fourth Period who have broken things like the Tavares to the Leafs are now reporting that the Leafs and Kings have spoken about the possibility of Jonathan Quick being traded to Toronto.

Freddy would have to go back and the Kings would probably have retain a portion of Quick but what do you think a deal would look like?

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Bellzy

It was 4-1 finally has better meaning….
Jun 30, 2018
Freddy and a 2nd for quick 50 percent retained.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I know he’s not amazing in the regular season but doesn’t he to some extent step up in the playoffs? Was he not okay against the Knights a few years back or was his teams lack of scoring primary ?

EC

Nov 10, 2016
Makes no sense for Leafs to trade for a goalie IF it requires assets to get. It would result in either the goalie they trade for or Campbell to be exposed in expansion this offseason. I'm ok with Quick if he's retained for Andersen. Quick won't be kept over Campbell for expansion this off-season. Also Leafs will need Quick to be less than 5MM since they'll want to reduce that positions cap hit going into the next season. So if Quick is retained 30% plus. Then maybe.

I still think what was said on HNIC about goalies coming to Canada would require to self-isolate for 2 weeks..which is worse for a goalie than a player.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Man, quick has 2 more years after this one at 5.8. Idk they would have to retain a lot aka leafs have to give up a decent amount. Doesn't seem worth it to add Quick considering his age and play.

That's the thing I'm not sure they would, for whatever reason that I have never understood goalies do not have high trade value, they are incredibly important but they don't carry trade value

Reactions: Dache

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
Leafs could dump Freddy for almost nothing - if they wanted.

His real actual cash dollars owed is likely about 400k. A team with cap space could get a pick from the Leafs or take back a small contract back.

I doubt Quick is who the Leafs would want.

EVERYthing about this is BS.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
TFP is garbage... eklund esque.

I highly doubt they were the first ones on Tavarez to the Leafs

Not true at all.

With TFP you have to look at who is the author.
This seems to come from Pagnotta who actually is one of the top5 insiders in the business right now.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I’d be surprised if Leafs do that. Another 3 years at 5.8 and he’s 35? Contract could look pretty ugly towards the end (if it isn’t already, I don’t watch Quick). Not something the Leafs need to risk imo

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I don't think this makes sense for either side.
Imo it makes sense for the Kings.

Things are looking up for them. Get out of Quick's contract a little early and go nuts burning cap space whale hunting this offseason in anticipation of Byfield's rookie season.

But yeah, I don't get it from the Leafs. They are interested in getting interesting goalie RENTALS.

Or... Some cheap goalie who is also established. They are ready to overpay for that.

Zonk

Jul 2, 2012
Leafs would have to add a lot. First and a top prospect?
In the Ekholm thread someone is proposing a trade of 2001 draft choices.
The only way that your post makes any sense is if the Kings are trading 2011-12 Jonathan Quick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad