OT: The Flanders Thread

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
What's the thing with the Flanders avy? Sorry I've been living under a rock recently.

widowmaker

Jun 21, 2009
MB
71cb788edbbcf448696c4a9d97ac69e9.jpg

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Here I am thinking it was someone mocking Jeff Petry's moustache lol, dude looks like Flanders.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
How the Legend of Meth Flanders began, a single Jets fan that came to clear some things up.

Good game to you, my fellow Frenchmen; I know that Scheifele's hit was completely unwarranted. All I can say in his defence is that this guy is normally so clean, that when he got his first 2 minute Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty, literally every NHL sportswriter was like ".. the f*** now?". He got it for saying, and I quote, "are you freakin' kiddin' me?"

I'm not excusing the wrong, I'm just saying, you basically -- somehow -- caught the NHL's version of Ned Flanders in a (very very very) bad moment.

Sorry. Enjoy and celebrate your fairly earned lead; see you in game two!

You don't have to believe me; you don't have to put any credit in my words. You want to condemn a clear first time offender who is literally the Ned Flanders of the league, that's fine. But I said what I said.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that the player known league-wide for being the cleanest human being in the league, to the point where he only granny-swears on the ice, to the point where he got his first 2 for Unsportsmanlike and the entire league's reporters were "what the what now" for saying (and I quote) "are you freakin' kidding me" was not "a coke head" because he lost his shit for once.

If I'm the first Jets fan to say it, so be it. I hope Scheifele faces the ACTUAL DESERVED PENALTY for his DIRTY HIT. Of course Wilson didn't. Of course he never will, Reaves never will, etc. Not relevant. Irony being, Ned Flanders being who he is, I think he thinks the same. He has more regret in his heart in one night than f***face Perry could ever know in a lifetime of Sundays. But that's how it goes with clean players. They regret what they did wrong. Versus Wilson, Reaves, Perry, &c &c, who only ever regret being caught

I know you don't want to hear it from us right now, but I promise you, Chef's actions were an egregious case of him losing his shit. His teammate knows that's not what we're about, that's why Nicky did what he did. I understand if you're salty about it right now, I mean, shit, this is what playoff series are made of. But I promise you, Chef is literally the Ned Flanders of the league. And Nicky knew that.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad