Line Combos: The First Lineups Thread

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
(Ironic that the home opener opponent fan would post this thread. :naughty: )

Okay, the Knights has somewhat of a roster. With what they got, what would you make a lineup with what the Golden Knights have with them? (Granted, they haven't gotten through a draft, and they haven't gone through free agency, but it's nice to speculate. :) )

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
I wouldn't even know where to guess for a first line center so we will put grabovski there for now.

Neal-Grabovski-Marchessault
Perron-Haula-Smith
Pulkkinen-Eakin-Carrier
Bellemare-Karlsson-Thornburn

McNabb- Garrison
Theodore-Miller
Sbisa-Engelland

Fleury
Pickard

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
I wouldn't even know where to guess for a first line center so we will put grabovski there for now.

Perron-Haula-Smith
Pulkkinen-Eakin-Carrier

McNabb- Garrison
Theodore-Miller
Sbisa-Engelland

Fleury
Pickard

Shipachyov?

islesjuncky

Jun 15, 2014
new york

Perron-Haula-Smith
Pulkkinen-Eakin-Carrier

McNabb- Garrison
Theodore-Miller
Sbisa-Engelland

Fleury
Pickard

Grabovski is unlikely to play a game for you.

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa

Perron-Haula-Smith
Pulkkinen-Eakin-Carrier

McNabb- Garrison
Theodore-Miller
Sbisa-Engelland

Fleury
Pickard

Flip Haula and Karlsson maybe? Replace Grabo with Ship and that lineup looks half-decent but still bottom-5 worthy because the d-core is likely to get much worse.

GMGM has done a nice job getting a tanking team for sure. I imagine that Lindberg will also have a job over someone like Pullkinen or Carrier, at least at the beginning of the year.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I think you guys did a nice job with the draft. Probably better than any expansion team in recent memory, anyway. Add a couple nice UFAs and maybe grab a guy in the draft that can play in the NHL this year and you could be at least in the conversation for the last spot in the West.

masasa

Oct 10, 2016
Assuming Vegas wouldn't do any more trades:

Marchessault Shipachyov Neal
Perron Haula Smith
Lindberg Karlsson Pulkkinen
Bellemare Eakin Tuch

Methot-Schmidt
Theodore-Miller
Garrison-Engelland

Fleury
Pickard

What Vegas needs most is top line center and RHD with skill. Top 4 Wingers should be ok if Marcessault is really as good as last season showed. To make the playoffs Schmidt and Theodore would have to take a big step forward, they got potential. You would also need someone outside top 6 to break out and have an amazing season, plus all top 6 would have to at least keep their current level, some maybe improve a bit. Obviously Fleury would need to be amazing also.

Last edited:

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
I think there's a chance of Gusev coming to play with Shipachyov so I'm basing this off that.

Gusev-Shipachyov-Neal
Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Perron-Eakin-Lindberg
Leipsic-Haula-Bellemare

Methot-McNabb
Schmidt-Miller
Emelin/Theodore-Van Riemsdyk

Fleury
Pickard

Not a bad team really. A lot of options on defense and some trades are definitely coming as they have like 12 NHL caliber dmen at the moment.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
dude is like 30 and has never played an NHL game

fry.PNG

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Dadonov might be coming with Gusev as well which would make the Vegas forward group pretty sick to watch.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Haula-Shipachyov-Neal
Marchessault-Eakin-Smith
Perron-Lindberg-Tuch
Leipsic-Karlsson-Thorburn
Bellemare

Gusev if they can get him over

Methot-TVR
Garrison-Schmidt
Reinhart-Engelland
Sbisa

Emelin traded

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Flip Haula and Karlsson maybe? Replace Grabo with Ship and that lineup looks half-decent but still bottom-5 worthy because the d-core is likely to get much worse.

GMGM has done a nice job getting a tanking team for sure. I imagine that Lindberg will also have a job over someone like Pullkinen or Carrier, at least at the beginning of the year.

Haula's better than Karlsson. He'll be in the top 9 somewhere. They have similar qualities, but Haula's got more offense. He's got double the goals that Karlsson does over the last two years.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Haula-Shipaychov-Neal
Marchessault-Eakin-Smith
Perron-Lindberg-Carrier
Bellemare-Karlsson-Pulkkinen

Extras: Leipsic, Brickley, Tuch, Nosek, Hyka, Duke
Thorburn goes unsigned.

Garrison-TVR
McNabb-Miller
Theodore-Schmidt

Extras: Reinhart, Engelland, Bischoff

Traded (if possible): Methot, Emelin, Sbisa, Stoner, Schlemko, Merill

Fleury
Pickard
Berube

Getting Gusev or Dadanov to sign would definitely help the offense. The defense will be pretty weak but Vegas has plenty of draft picks to play with now and could accumulate more by dealing some of the extra dmen.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Haula-Shipaychov-Neal
Marchessault-Eakin-Smith
Perron-Lindberg-Carrier
Bellemare-Karlsson-Pulkkinen

Extras: Leipsic, Brickley, Tuch, Nosek, Hyka, Duke
Thorburn goes unsigned.

Garrison-TVR
McNabb-Miller
Theodore-Schmidt

Extras: Reinhart, Engelland, Bischoff

Traded (if possible): Methot, Emelin, Sbisa, Stoner, Schlemko, Merill

Fleury
Pickard
Berube

Getting Gusev or Dadanov to sign would definitely help the offense. The defense will be pretty weak but Vegas has plenty of draft picks to play with now and could accumulate more by dealing some of the extra dmen.

Why trade Methot? His +/- is incredible and there is a reason for it. Solid D are always expensive.

Haula-Famer to the 1st line? I love it :yo:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Why trade Methot? His +/- is incredible and there is a reason for it. Solid D are always expensive.

You do NOT trade Methot, IMO. When the Coyotes went on their Western Conference run in 2011-2012, it was largely on the back of Adrian Aucoin, who by then was largely considered at the bottom end of his career. But he provided veteran savvy and calmness and a great defensive IQ, and the D corps rallied around him to the point that things almost completely fell apart when we lost him a year later.

Methot may not be a sexy pick but he's got all the intangibles necessary to anchor a fledgling expansion roster in the short term.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Marchessault-Eakin-Smith

This is a very offensive line. Would be interesting to see what would happen since unlike most of the VGK drafts, these guys all have the worst +/-´s in their current teams which to me suggest they really don't backpedal at all.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Dadonov might be coming with Gusev as well which would make the Vegas forward group pretty sick to watch.

Dadonov and Gusev would create nice line depth, but it won't fix what will be a less than optimum 1C.

But that's ok, because we all know this team isn't a true contender for at least a few years. I can get behind a roster that has good depth and some advantages over some of the other teams on the lower lines. And we have a coach who is a good fit for that.

Last edited:

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
You do NOT trade Methot, IMO. When the Coyotes went on their Western Conference run in 2011-2012, it was largely on the back of Adrian Aucoin, who by then was largely considered at the bottom end of his career. But he provided veteran savvy and calmness and a great defensive IQ, and the D corps rallied around him to the point that things almost completely fell apart when we lost him a year later.

Methot may not be a sexy pick but he's got all the intangibles necessary to anchor a fledgling expansion roster in the short term.

What did that run to the conference really mean for the Coyotes though? Was that high you got from that one season worth the next 5 not making the playoffs?

I think Methot will be moved today, personally (Dallas has reportedly been all over him). He will produce value in futures for us, and I believe McPhee is looking at building a core that will contend for a 5 year window, not a one-and-done roster that is going to collapse.

Privet

Sep 25, 2015
Victoria, BC
Gusev - Shipaychov - Dadanov
Perron - Kovalchuk - Radulov
Marchessault - Eakin - Neal
Bellemare - Lindberg - Carrier

Not sure how the defense will look.

I think we trade Flower at deadline too.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Oh and btw rumors persist re: the Maple Leafs wanting Miller. I suspect they will keep him, but if multiple players get thrown into the mix as rumored George might have to make the deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad