THE Fire Torts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
The 'Ask Porty' mailbag, vol. 16: Why are the Blue Jackets...

AP: One of the changes Tortorella made immediately after taking over was to put more trust/responsibility on the players. Previously, the Blue Jackets used to fly in the night before a game and fly out just after, especially in party cities like Nashville and Vancouver. Tortorella does just the opposite. They spend many nights after games on the road. They have no curfews. They just took an entire day off in Toronto. I’m paraphrasing, but Tortorella has explained it like this: “If you can’t trust them, they shouldn’t be on the bus in the first place.” Hell, he gave the team his credit card last season and told them to go have a blast! He’s said on numerous occasions that not enough players “play guilty” over the course of the season. Truly incredible in today’s climate. As for Vegas, they’re going out the Saturday before the Tuesday game.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

AP: One of the changes Tortorella made immediately after taking over was to put more trust/responsibility on the players. Previously, the Blue Jackets used to fly in the night before a game and fly out just after, especially in party cities like Nashville and Vancouver. Tortorella does just the opposite. They spend many nights after games on the road. They have no curfews. They just took an entire day off in Toronto. I’m paraphrasing, but Tortorella has explained it like this: “If you can’t trust them, they shouldn’t be on the bus in the first place.” Hell, he gave the team his credit card last season and told them to go have a blast! He’s said on numerous occasions that not enough players “play guilty” over the course of the season. Truly incredible in today’s climate. As for Vegas, they’re going out the Saturday before the Tuesday game.

Wonder where they are staying... its been interesting to hear about where teams have stayed.

IE: the Blackhawks stayed at the Bellagio

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017

AP: One of the changes Tortorella made immediately after taking over was to put more trust/responsibility on the players. Previously, the Blue Jackets used to fly in the night before a game and fly out just after, especially in party cities like Nashville and Vancouver.
Aww Porty and his gossip. Stay for the night is actually Nelson Ayotte - condition coach decision, not Torts. If they are not in he city before midnight they stay for the night, to keep their sleep schedule.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Really think the team is tuning Torts out. No emotion, don’t give a shit, not playing with any sense of urgency, they look slow as shit

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Really think the team is tuning Torts out. No emotion, don’t give a ****, not playing with any sense of urgency, they look slow as ****
Torts has to be saying stuff to be tuned out. He has said a million times he isn't trying to over coach and is letting players coach more and he just does the lines to put them in the best place to succeed.

They also were just on a back to back and hit about 40 posts. They looked good just slightly off aim tonight. Last night if Bob didn't give up that garbage goal it goes to overtime.

We are 2nd in the metro you don't fire the f***ing coach...

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Lol second in metro, every other team behind us was on a bye week and has a games in hand. Watch their place when they return, 6 or 7 at best.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
They also were just on a back to back and hit about 40 posts. They looked good just slightly off aim tonight. Last night if Bob didn't give up that garbage goal it goes to overtime.

We are 2nd in the metro you don't fire the ****ing coach...

Yeah, a back to back against Buffalo and Vancouver, a real murderers row.... give me a f***ing break with the excuses. Posts don’t mean shit. Hell, it’s harder to hit a post than score a f***ing goal. You’re a worse CBJ apologist than Rob Mixer.

Second in the Metro doesn’t mean shit when everyone below us has 4 games in hand. Glad you are ok with mediocrity, I’m not.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Yeah, a back to back against Buffalo and Vancouver, a real murderers row.... give me a ****ing break with the excuses. Posts don’t mean ****. Hell, it’s harder to hit a post than score a ****ing goal. You’re a worse CBJ apologist than Rob Mixer.

Second in the Metro doesn’t mean **** when everyone below us has 4 games in hand. Glad you are ok with mediocrity, I’m not.
I think someone needs a snickers...

Reactions: The Bread Man

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Correct... you got your appropriate response. Stomping your feet and pouting about the 2nd best team in the best conference in professional hockey needing to fire the reigning coach of the year and best coach in team history is "dumb shit"...

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Cmon fellows, let’s not go after each other . The last 2 games were brutal , no excuses , they choked away 2 of the more winneable games all season. The team is flat out not scoring goals and changes need to be made . Panarin is the only player that tries to take the puck in hard areas to score , they don’t play remotely physical, forecheck is weak, and I’m not sure if guys are just exhausted , but we transition the puck with no urgency

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I remember when our standard of "mediocrity" was "in the bottom-10 but not bottom-5 of the league". My, how times have changed.

Yeah, if the players aren't handling this - and they don't appear to be - I wouldn't be opposed to a shakeup at this point. Just not selling low on agenda targets.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Correct... you got your appropriate response. Stomping your feet and pouting about the 2nd best team in the best conference in professional hockey needing to fire the reigning coach of the year and best coach in team history is "dumb ****"...
Standings on point percentage

WSH 1.311
NJD 1.268
NYR 1.166
CBJ 1.152
CAR 1.109
PHL 1.095
NYI 1.069
PIT 1.068

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I hope Wennberg or Foligno gets it. Add the A next to his C just for the detractors. Apparently guys like Mack in FLA and other captains that lead through action rather then trying to be a superstar and skate through 5 guys alone 2 or 3 times a game haha. Love bread but Fligs is the captain we need and can speak English. Jones would be a fine Addition though as defensive A. You have to fill that leadership in D with JJ gone and Jones has been trying to also play that role it seems from interviews recently. Being the top D and playing the most minutes even at his age people listen.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Standings on point percentage

WSH 1.311
NJD 1.268
NYR 1.166
CBJ 1.152
CAR 1.109
PHL 1.095
NYI 1.069
PIT 1.068
Great numbers... so playoffs start today where are We? Just curious what the real life situation is rather those numbers used to make us seem like would keep me a1

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Great numbers... so playoffs start today where are We? Just curious what the real life situation is rather those numbers used to make us seem like would keep me a1
Lol, the real life “situation” is that we are in second place because we have played more games. So we have had more chances to get points. If everyone was at the same number of games played, this is what the standings “would” look like, based on those teams current winning percentages. Could be worse, if they win more than “expected.”

Point also stands that we are not second in the Metro, we are closer to 3-4

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
When everyone in Metro play their 46 games, and assume the will win all of them, when CBJ returns they will start from WC1.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
I hope Wennberg or Foligno gets it. Add the A next to his C just for the detractors. Apparently guys like Mack in FLA and other captains that lead through action rather then trying to be a superstar and skate through 5 guys alone 2 or 3 times a game haha. Love bread but Fligs is the captain we need and can speak English. Jones would be a fine Addition though as defensive A. You have to fill that leadership in D with JJ gone and Jones has been trying to also play that role it seems from interviews recently. Being the top D and playing the most minutes even at his age people listen.
Yeah screw Patrick Kane for having an A, I hate when he dances through 5 guys. The point I was making is that Panarin shows up in every game, without his scoring... idk where we would be this year. Radulov has an A, Malkin, Tarasenko, Backstrom, I’m sure their teams hate that. I’d hate to watch Tarasenko/Geno take over a game, I’d probabl ask for a trade.

Jones would be a good choice.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Lol, the real life “situation” is that we are in second place because we have played more games. So we have had more chances to get points. If everyone was at the same number of games played, this is what the standings “would” look like.
Not what they would look like... contrary to what this board thinks teams other then us lose also. Points earned are points earned. Also after our bye week it's likely only NJ passes us. That's still a playoff slot.

Also I appologize if my posts get more disheveled My sleeping pills are kicking in here and I mistype and sometimes stop mid sentence lol

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Not what they would look like... contrary to what this board thinks teams other then us lose also. Points earned are points earned. Also after our bye week it's likely only NJ passes us. That's still a playoff slot.
Devils and Rags definitely will pass. So 4rth place at best.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Yeah screw Patrick Kane for having an A, I hate when he dances through 5 guys. The point I was making is that Panarin shows up in every game, without his scoring... idk where we would be this year. Radulov has an A, Malkin, Tarasenko, Backstrom, I’m sure their teams hate that. I’d hate to watch Tarasenko/Geno take over a game, I’d probabl ask for a trade.

Jones would be a good choice.
Kane is imo the best player in the league he should have the C... but our team isnt that type of team. Blue color defense first hard hitting. That's Fligs.

Plus literally YouTube his fights Inthink once he had a draw but every other fight clear win...id follow him to battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad