GDT: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE WING, Game 7 vs SEA (8.15pm)

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Really frustrating loss last night but great job finding a way to get a point. Fell back on some bad habits. The good news is the team is much deeper so we didn't fall apart like we would in years past.

The goaltending situation still scares me but most teams in the East are in a similar boat

Dylan Larkin... what a hockey player and leader. That's all I gotta say

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I also have a more sympathetic view on Chiarot not skating off when his helmet came off. The rule includes phrases like "reasonable amount of time" and "making a play on the puck... and engaged in the play."

Chiarot was in the middle of a puck battle near his own net. The NHL wrote a bad rule and left it to the ref's discretion, which we know how that's gonna go.

Chiarot needs to tighten his friggin chin strap though instead of wearing it down by his belly button.
he also could have just bent over and put it back on

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
he also could have just bent over and put it back on
I'd have to watch the play again but I thought it fell further than that. Don't get me wrong, because of this rule players should have their buckets strapped a heck of a lot tighter than Chiarot did.

I mostly meant that after reading the rule him staying there that long seemed slightly less idiotic. He was still engaged in the play.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I'd have to watch the play again but I thought it fell further than that. Don't get me wrong, because of this rule players should have their buckets strapped a heck of a lot tighter than Chiarot did.

I mostly meant that after reading the rule him staying there that long seemed slightly less idiotic. He was still engaged in the play.
no you make sense. the entire situation was annoying. It didn't fall that far away after he hit the puck twice. He just decided to drive the guy into the boards and acted like the player was squishing his arm so not being able to move, which was just gamesmanship

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

He couldn't have just bent over and put it on, it got kicked to behind the net. It was over 20 feet away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad