Pre-Game Talk: The Dreaded Circus Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I don't like this break in between games. It is making me bored.
I think this trip will be really important to the season.

I am sort of optimistic though. I think there will be some exciting games on this trip and I just hope we can be LA at the end of it.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
This trip hasn't been "dreaded" in 5 years.

Yeah i think the Hawks usually do really well on this trip. Bonding experience for the teammates and what not...

Of course now that I say this they'll probably start off 0-6 or something :cry:

Your Reality Check

Nov 11, 2013
Chicago
The only thing to dread about this trip are the start times.

I expect 7-9 points. Be nice if they kick this circus trip right in the ass though.

CoachQ

Aug 23, 2014
Tinley Park, IL.
Call me a ****-eyed optimist, like Billy Mumford (Seinfeld reference from "The Doodle") but I really think that the team learned something from the Detroit game and will have an excellent Circus trip. I'm going to say 4-0-2. They will play a simple road game every game.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
It usually evens out. The Hawks had 4 or 5 straight home games that they did a good job with, and I am sure they get a nice little stretch at the UC at some other point, though I am not positive.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I generally look at this as make-or-break time for the team, but overall I'm cautiously positive about this year's trip.

I'm thinking 9 out of 12 points.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Alot of interesting games on this trip, only one divisional game but match ups with LA and Anaheim who are obviously contenders and then games against Edmonton that have the potential to go sideways and then a game against the Canucks who always play the Hawks tough and up their game against us.

CoachQ

Aug 23, 2014
Tinley Park, IL.
Calgary tends to give the Hawks more problems than Edmonton the last two years. Hawks have struggled there (see the Ray Emory game in 13 and Kane having to score with 4 seconds to go last year).

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Very important trip. I know how people love to say how the switch will flip at some point, but if we have a crap trip we could fall quite a bit behind. Points are hard to make up in this western conference, we need a solid trip.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
Strange game time in ANA on Friday Nov 28 (black Friday)

3 PM (CT)

Hawks collect 9 of 12 points and come together as a team :naughty:

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Hawks sweep the road trip and goes on a streak for the books. There is much rejoicing and the ledge people come down and act like they never lost faith. There will be the few who think the Hawks are peaking too early and others who just think this team is crap.

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
Dreaded? I wouldn't call the Circus Trip dreaded at all. Hawks usually play well during this long road trip.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
I would like to see this circus some day, though I am not a fan of circuses for the most part.

I have never gotten to see a home Hawks game either. Meh. Someday I'll make it to Chicago. Atmosphere has to be better than the dead and uncomfortable Saddledome and Rexall.

Oh_so_saad

Sep 18, 2012
Seattle
I would like to see this circus some day, though I am not a fan of circuses for the most part.

I have never gotten to see a home Hawks game either. Meh. Someday I'll make it to Chicago. Atmosphere has to be better than the dead and uncomfortable Saddledome and Rexall.

I visited last year for my first time ever for the wings st patty day game.

Made we wish that I went to games in 2008 when I was stationed there

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Dreaded? I wouldn't call the Circus Trip dreaded at all. Hawks usually play well during this long road trip.

Shhhhh.

With the less than the stellar start we've had, this road trip is important and what has occurred in past seasons is of little relevance.

What I don't understand is why Hawks would promote Clendening instead of a more reliable defensive dman that will be needed on this road trip, like Dahlback for example (IE..... based on what I've heard of each of these players, not what I've witnessed. Haven't seen either play). It's possible it could be that Stan has the thought that he will showcase Clendening for a possible trade, but regardless, I think the timing is off for this promotion. On the flip side, we have a player who has been itching to get some NHL action. Maybe he'll rise to the occasion and will not be exploited defensively.

Ben Grimm

Blue collar cool 🛒
Dec 10, 2007
Lower E. Side
distrokid.com
The circus trips started because the circus and college basketball made more $ than the NBA & the NHL so the teams were sent out on long trips so the owners of the venue could cash in. Fans were allowed to smoke cigarettes and cigars during games and some players would smoke during intermissions.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
It seems like we always do well on the Circus trip but we also have to remember that, if I'm correct, Sharp is usually a huge part of that :/

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
@ESPNChiHawks: Clendening working with second power-play unit.

@ChrisKuc: #Blackhawks' lines during practice: Saad--Toews--Hossa, Versteeg--Richards--Kane, Bickell--Shaw--Carcillo, Nordstrom--Kruger--Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad