The Draft Analyst: Final Top-32 Rankings (2024 Draft)

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst

Lindstrom, Levshunov, Hage, Jecho, Letourneau, Elick, and Jiricek headline my overrated list. The two NTDP goalies as well. Last year it was Reinbacher, Willander, Edstrom, to name a few. Emery is the kid I really wanted to sneak into R1 but he’ll be 33. I actually like this class but have no clue if the forwards will be solid like 2012 or a disaster like 2018.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Nice to see badinka. Sad no jiricek. He's usually rated higher than badinka.

My guess is jiricek at 20 and badinka at 40

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
This draft looks like a bunch of randomly generated names on EA Sports.

Eiserman, Howe, Zetterberg, Iginla, Connelly, Demidov…how many other former NHL names am I missing here?

Reactions: Realgud

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Howe in the 1st but no Ritchie, Basha or Miettinen is a interesting take. Also saying Emery is the just miss 1st player while thinking Elick is overrated when they're the same style of player except Elick being better at everything is also curious.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Howe in the 1st but no Ritchie, Basha or Miettinen is a interesting take. Also saying Emery is the just miss 1st player while thinking Elick is overrated when they're the same style of player except Elick being better at everything is also curious.
That’s your opinion. Mine is that Emery is better with the puck and has better hockey sense, but Elick is the better skater and is more physical and meaner. I think they’ll go within five picks of each other and I don’t think there’s much that separates them.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Are you suggesting this is all a simulation?
1715976081255.jpeg

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
Zetterberg in the first round is interesting, he is good but soooo small. Maybe some team believe he can grow to 5'9 or 5'10 and pick him higher?
Yeah, either he grows some or he needs to really get strong and use his skating to only make contact when he has the advantage.

There have been a few good NHL players that small, but not many. Im curious to follow his career and see how he does.

Reactions: Realgud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad