Confirmed with Link: The Devils call-up Jon Merrill

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
On the Wild feed the showed that Merrill grabbed Mitchell's stick as they were going in towards the boards, right before he fell over. He might have inadvertently tripped himself with Mitchells stick. Looked pretty ugly, hopefully its not too bad.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
this is honestly going to be top of mind for me all day. I really hope lou says something as to the severity of the injury…but im not counting on it

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Of course it's hilarious. But the context in how it was used to describe Merril's debut just did not seem to fit.

whatever, though....

(I guess I'm still annoyed at the Devils losing that I'm snapping at everyone now)

if you think ‘price is right’ gifs are hilarious, I’ve got a video to show you of a cat…playing a keyboard!!!!!

personally, I would rather wait until we know his brain stem is still attached before putting up gifs…but in all honesty that’s probably a bit of an overreaction on my part as well. I’ll feel a lot better when we hear from Lou & co

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 44s
Lou Lamoriello on Merrill: "He got quite a jolt. He was OK to travel. We're not going to send him down. We've got to make sure he's healthy"

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Any update on Merrill? What a ****ing way to start your season. :(

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 1h
Merrill had stitches above his eye, across his forehead and in his lip. Still some time before he will play. Devils still doing som tests.

God Chere needs to proof read his everything.

TheFrenchCanadian

Nov 5, 2013
Wisconsin
On the glass...

I was sitting on the glass in the corner Merrill went into...

To say it bluntly, he got up and he was facing the crowd, blood streaming from mouth and forehead. The ER Nurse sitting next to me blurted out, "Wow, he looks horrible." His eyes were all over, and he was basically carried off the ice, legs completely wobbly.

Blood cleanup took about 3-5 minutes. No doubt a concussion.

Hope he gets well soon, hate to see any player have that happen, especially in his first game.

https://twitter.com/westmont_ultras/status/397322042233475073/photo/1

Last edited:

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
On the Wild feed the showed that Merrill grabbed Mitchell's stick as they were going in towards the boards, right before he fell over. He might have inadvertently tripped himself with Mitchells stick. Looked pretty ugly, hopefully its not too bad.

ugh

he got tripped and tried to brace himself on the way down and the only thing to grab was the stick, which was useless in this situation.

I also watched their feed and those 2 were out to lunch on that penalty assessment.

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
He needs to be 100%. I dont want him to get another concussion this early in his career.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2013/11/devils_jon_merrill_may_not_have_suffered_concussion_rostislav_olesz_sent_to_albany_ahl.html

Sounds like fantastic news. No signs of concussion from early reports, should be 100% after swelling goes away :yo:

well, if lou thinks he’ll be alright, that’s good enough for me. :sarcasm:

I don’t believe a damn word he says concerning injuries anymore. pretty sure he said he didn’t think clowe had a concussion either

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad