Post-Game Talk: The Defending Stanley Cup Champs vs the Hartford Whalers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornpuckers

Jan 12, 2019
I missed the game (hello from AZ)...what’s the deal with Vrana’s Injury? Did he stay on the bench or did he head to the locker room??

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Dude the Devils made the playoffs last season. So they werent out of anything.
And that game wasnt entirely meaningless. If the Devils had won that game they would have been the 1st wildcard instead of the 2nd and would have played the Caps in the first round and not Tampa Bay. Who knows maybe they would have eliminated us in the first round.

The Devils won all 3 games against the Lightning in the regular season and it was suggested that they deliberately lost in order to meet them in the 1st round.
Which ended up being a bad mistake because they were completely dominated and lost in 5 games.

Reactions: Sam Spade

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I still hate that Cherry squashed Ovi's goal celly's. Someone needs to tell Ovi to support Kuzy, and do something awesome if he can get to 50.

Ovi's push back was, does the league want all players to look like robots. Maybe Ovi doing a little robotic dance would be good for fiddy.

Listen to this. "No celly when you score goals.Thank you Don."

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Biggest takeaway for me was everyone was wondering if Kuzy can play with passion/does he care right now/etc. We see what he can do when he’s on.

Tonight was bobble head night and it was his night. What does he do? He’s first star of the game with 3 points.

This is good. When playoffs start and he cares and he’s elite like this - Kuzy is a legit X factor.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
That was a dominant performance. Caps suffocated Carolina. Interested to see the shots heatmap — I’m not sure the Canes got more than half a dozen shots from any where but the point.

I thought the Canes had a pretty tight scheme.

Caps were opportunistic in the 3rd. Ovechkin's goal isn't even a scoring chance for most guys.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
Didn’t even know he got hurt.

No reporters tweeted about it and there was no mention from PR twitter account so i think he’s ok

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Heard the game on the radio on way to work and said he was on the bench with a shoulder injury. Guess hes fine if nothing more was said

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Hatty tonight for Beats by Drai. Now he’s the one just 3 back from Ovie. And i think both he and Tavares have six games left, vs. Ovie’s five

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I still think there’s a chance that Kuzy proves to be the most clutch althete in DC Sports history.

That’s why I just kinda refuse to worry about him unless he really starts falling off a cliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad