Post-Game Talk: The Defending Champs vs the last team coached by Bruce Boudreau

Status
Not open for further replies.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
If the Wild win they jump 2 teams into WC2, damn sure they're gonna be motivated despite their 3-4-3 last 10

TCB Caps and they'll be at 96 to PIT's 91 each w/7gms left
(NYI @ 91 w/8gms left)

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Weird thread title. This will be the first time since 2013 that a Boudreau coached team won’t hit 100 points, and 2013 was a lockout shortened season in which he coached Anaheim to 66 points in 48 games (an 112 point pace in a full season).

It’s possible BB gets fired by Minnesota this year, but he will almost certainly get a new job quickly afterwards. He’s be among the top coaching candidates available, either as an off-season or midseason hire.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
“Ok boys, let’s try something different on the Ovechkin coverage tonight, let’s give him some room and try to take away shooting lanes instead”...

-Gabby

Ovy hatty...4-2 good guys.

LOL.... Wild players be like "I ain't getting in front of that shot, thanks but no thanks. Shooting lanes, now open!"

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Weird thread title. This will be the first time since 2013 that a Boudreau coached team won’t hit 100 points, and 2013 was a lockout shortened season in which he coached Anaheim to 66 points in 48 games (an 112 point pace in a full season).

It’s possible BB gets fired by Minnesota this year, but he will almost certainly get a new job quickly afterwards. He’s be among the top coaching candidates available, either as an off-season or midseason hire.
I'm pretty sure I have read Boudreau's quote somewhere at the time when he was hired that it is the last team for him as a coach .

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

I’d say this year’s Wild team arguably is the worst he’s had in terms of offensive production. I haven’t looked up the stats on it but it would appear that way. There’s been a few major injuries to Dumba and Koivu, there’s no real big time scoring threat outside of Parise and Fenton has made some questionable moves to make the team worse.

Reactions: twabby

Tayls

Mar 20, 2019
Maryland/USA
That is sad news for Locker. Really sorry to hear that.

The game though the Caps need to put the pressure on the Wild in the 1st period period and come out on top on the Scoreboard at the end of the 1st. They also need to discipline themselves to cut down on the silly penalties. The PK killed us in the last game and we do not want a repeat of that in this game.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada

I'd like to see him coach the Oilers. At least they'd play up tempo hockey and McD would score 130-140 points. Lol.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Wait?! BB hasn't been fired?! I thought he was. Although i knew i smelled BBQ in the Wild lockeroom.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Lockers mom just passed away. Have to assume Alan May is going to fill in for him tonight.
Well that totally sucks. So sad for him. And with his wife battling cancer too. :(

Wait?! BB hasn't been fired?! I thought he was. Although i knew i smelled BBQ in the Wild lockeroom.
Epic GDT fail. If the Caps lose tonight, everyone has my permission to blame Bonzai12.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Lockers mom just passed away. Have to assume Alan May is going to fill in for him tonight.
So sad to hear the news. RIP grandma Locker, glad she got to the boys raise the Cup before she passed.

rsz_d2swy2dx0acparf.jpg

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Fenton is clearly setting up BB( a Fletcher hire) to be fired, much as the Twins new GM's set up Molitor to be fired. Boudreau is still very popular, and no one blames him for MN's putrid play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad