The David Backes Appreciation Thread

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
and it's that way with the fans too, I think. I lived in St Louis for 5 years and I think they have great, great fans. We're both part of clubs that nobody wants to be in, and we recognize the disappointment too well

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Unfortunately I wish we could have both back. Brouwer is a main reason we got that far. I would give crap to Backes from time to time but damn he would always give 100% on the ice.

I'd rather have Backes than Brouwer. Backes produces more offensively and does more defensively than Brouwer ever thought about doing. I do like Brouwer and am happy that he was there this year. He was a great mentor for a team that doesn't have anyone on it who has achieved a cup. He was the only consistent player on the ice game in and game out every game all season, which was huge for a team riddled with injuries. I would take Brouwer back, but not for any more than what he currently makes. I think he overachieved in the playoffs and we will probably not see that level of play from him again. My biggest beef with him is the crazy amount of PIM that he takes; both in the regular season and especially in the postseason. Backes was much more effective this year because he took less penalties and played smarter. I think that the team as a whole needs to work on their discipline. We went further this year partially in part because we took fewer penalties than in recent years. I understand that we are a more physical team and are going to take more penalties because of that, but we have shot ourselves in the foot several times with the dumb penalties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad