The Crow Buffet

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
It really depends on where his head is. If he truly doesn’t have the need anymore, then he can quit. If he still has an itch (and leaving as a Champ has its pros and cons), then he will scratch it. Hopefully in DC

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Here’s one of my “expert coaching tips” after R4G1:

Another game like that and I’d consider sitting DSP for anyone who can skate better. He’s been an animal for us so far but his lack of foot speed was glaring in that one especially on that ice. Just food for thought. Trotz has to stay proactive and aggressive. Other than that just clean it up and clear the crease/zone and we’ve got a good shot...

Reactions: RandyHolt

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Another game like that and I’d consider sitting DSP for anyone who can skate better. He’s been an animal for us so far but his lack of foot speed was glaring in that one especially on that ice. Just food for thought. Trotz has to stay proactive and aggressive. Other than that just clean it up and clear the crease/zone and we’ve got a good shot...

Is it physically possible for Ripened Fruit to consume crow?

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Hey you got this part right though :)

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I've said the same since the CBJ series. I 100% believe that the opportunity to be the hero and the limited risk of being the goat was a huge boost to his confidence.

Well also plenty of rest in March/April.

I saw this written somewhere (maybe here?) that goalie who played 65 plus something games in the RS have a pretty dreadful record in the PS. Basically documenting that if you ride your guy too hard in the reg, he's worn out come May. I bet some stat monkey could quantify this into a sweet spot of sorts, but the main point is, being tired isn't good for being a goalie. Having played goalie much of my life I can say fatigue, more so mental than physical, equals softies galore. A bad nights sleep was a guaranteed loss for me. Concentration can only be maintained so long.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think Holtby coming in as “relief” really set his mind right for the run.

All the pressure in the build up to the playoffs, wasn't there this year. Sometimes it easier to be the underdog. Exactly as we were all year. It's a different dynamic mentally. it's a thing. I looked at him signing autographs with Boyd Gersich and all the other aces before R1G2, and knew he was out of place.

Tending and luck are huge. IIRC we destroyed our opposition tenders GF/G wise. One of the higher scoring teams in recent memory. Paging Stats Folk. We didn't just coin flip eek out wins. The beauty of this cup run, it was kinda easy on us fans. Early goals, spanking teams on the road, lighting up their goalies, regulation wins... it was a very enjoyable cup run. VERY.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Funny how that works! Winning cures all ills. Who knew!? :laugh:

That stretch, and the 0-2 start vs Columbus, were our only true oh no here we go again stretches. We got lucky with few OTs and game 7s. Lucky for our collective heart blood pressure and hair coloring.

Last edited:
Reactions: calicapsfan

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It will be interesting to see how this effects them come next season. After they beat Pittsburgh, you knew either they would let down and lose or have the weight lifted off their shoulders and fly. They flew and it was clear how free they felt.

Come next season will the freedom carryover and how far can it take them?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It will be interesting to see how this effects them come next season. After they beat Pittsburgh, you knew either they would let down and lose or have the weight lifted off their shoulders and fly. They flew and it was clear how free they felt.

Come next season will the freedom carryover and how far can it take them?

I said it before if they can win one, they have a real solid chance at one more the next few years IMO. Very interested to see how they play the next playoff run.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I'm not eating crow regarding Barry and I don't care who doesn't like it. :arr:
He was still doing his #barrythings but the team overcame it. Employing the turtle vs CBJ and it kept backfiring, then putting DSP on the top line vs Pitt and lets be honest, the only reason why the "kids" were playing is because there was no one else to play! He dissed and dismissed Vrana all season long and V came up big. :eviltongu

Now as for Holtby briefly known as Holthree, I am sorry. :heart:
Also Chiasson helped with a huge goal. I wanted to throw him off a bridge previously.

Reactions: cleaver

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad