Speculation: The coaching search continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingfingers

Mar 6, 2024
We didn't even get an Eagles concert this time.

In the early days of Melnyk we got Dominik Hasek and I remember one year, all season-ticket holders got a free autographed jersey (I got Vaclav Varada, a real collector's item).

So far Andlauer has given us the guys he plays pickup with. Maybe we'll get a bobblehead or something before next season.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
We didn't even get an Eagles concert this time.
tenor.gif

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
We’re told Staios may have had informal talks with former St. Louis Blues’ coach Craig Berube, but the reality is he’s waiting to see what happens with the Toronto Maple Leafs and is also a frontrunner to be the full-time replacement for Ruff in New Jersey.

The reality is a guy like Berube, who a Stanley Cup with the Blues in 2019, can pick and choose his destination. The word is he was “intrigued” by the Ottawa job, but not completely sold that this roster will be strong enough to push for a playoff spot next season.
Brucio weighs in.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I hate the “you need to give green a chance” bs. My season tickets are already purchased. I’m giving green a fairly big chance. A fairly expensive chance as well

Reactions: Relapsing

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Well I guess we are going to be victims of Andlauer’s learning years as an owner. Probably gonna be 5 years until he realizes friends don’t equal good results. We going to be old old when the sens are fighting for a playoff spot again

To me it appears like they're treating this team as if it was brand new franchise with zero expectations. There's no urgency that I've seen so far, nor is there much awareness about how this fanbase has been screwed around for the last several years and is desperate for success.

If Green is the coach, so be it.

All we can do is hope he fixes the team culture and the core.

Forget playoffs, the goal is to just stop sucking.

Damn you should get hired in the marketing department.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
If Green is the coach, so be it.

All we can do is hope he fixes the team culture and the core.

Forget playoffs, the goal is to just stop sucking.
What would define a season that doesnt suck where the playoffs aren't the goal? Just not making it in? Not being in the bottom 10 in the league? Being a spot or two higher than we were this year? Not going on long losing skids? Not having shit team defense?

I just don't know what defines not sicking for this team anymore, when we've kinda sucked at everything.

Oct 10, 2010
We gotta be real as well guys we could’ve hired Bowman as our coach and if Statios brings back Hamonic, Korpisalo and decides to have the same NHL worst 4th line as last year we still aren’t making the playoffs regardless.

Building around our young core properly is what matters the most.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Second chances don’t come along often in life, but the former Vancouver Canucks head coach will get his with the Senators and it will be his task to try to get this club to playoffs for the first time in eight years.

Hahahahahahaha
And there's this bit of typical Brucie condescention:

That should be music to the ears of Ottawa fans and the reality is people can pan the choice but this isn’t a popularity contest.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
In the early days of Melnyk we got Dominik Hasek and I remember one year, all season-ticket holders got a free autographed jersey (I got Vaclav Varada, a real collector's item).

So far Andlauer has given us the guys he plays pickup with. Maybe we'll get a bobblehead or something before next season.
He also wasted near a decade with his amateur hour salvation army operation, and this team is in this position because of his budget cuts and underqualified employees like Dorion, so lets not go crazy here.

I'll take boring over a total shit show.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
"Green was still a top candidate for the Devils job but it’s clear Fitzgerald is waiting to see if something better comes along and that’s why he granted Green permission to speak with other teams."

Is getting the table scraps from the 23rd place team "Best in Class"?

flyingfingers

Mar 6, 2024
We gotta be real as well guys we could’ve hired Bowman as our coach and if Statios brings back Hamonic, Korpisalo and decides to have the same NHL worst 4th line as last year we still aren’t making the playoffs regardless.

Building around our young core properly is what matters the most.

Our young core could have really benefited from being coached by someone who knows how to make the playoffs.

Instead they're getting second chance Travis Green who's going to try and implement some of the new things he learned working under Lindy Ruff for one season (a season in which the Devils were a massive disappointment and Lindy was fired).

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
And there's this bit of typical Brucie condescention:
What an asshole.

Green was still a top candidate for the Devils job but it’s clear Fitzgerald is waiting to see if something better comes along and that’s why he granted Green permission to speak with other teams.
Then why aren't we doing the same????

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
The decision to go with Green isn’t going over well on social media because had only one season above. 500 with the Canucks. Fans in Ottawa wanted to see somebody with more pedigree as a replacement for D.J. Smith, who was fired in December and replaced by Jacques Martin on an interim basis.

ROFL even Bruce is putting this in his story.

• Haha
Reactions: Relapsing

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Travis is a very bad coach but at least he's also a charmless asshole!
I will say I watched a couple of his interviews and he does have absolutely no charisma. Between him and Staios, we will be getting absolutely no entertainment in press conferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad