Speculation: The coaching search continues

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I’d love that but I really doubt they’d fire him after two successful seasons, including a WCF appearance.
Boston cut Cassidy lose after a first round exit despite being pretty successful prior (including a trip to the finals). stranger things have happened I guess

redbrick98

Jun 6, 2023
I’d love that but I really doubt they’d fire him after two successful seasons, including a WCF appearance.
Expectations are higher in DAL, WCF appearance doesn't mean as much in that Organization and ownership group that it would in other organizations

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
If the B Sens can win their first round series, then the next Senators Head Coach should become available

1713813110273.png

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Looks like Lindy Ruff is going back to buffalo
Now THAT is what I call running it back!

Also probably going to cause yet another wrinkle for us next season. Buffalo is gonna benefit from this hire a lot

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Also probably going to cause yet another wrinkle for us next season. Buffalo is gonna benefit from this hire a lot
So, I always remember Ruff as a solid coach, but the guy hasn't coached a consistent playoff team since before the 05 lockout

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

mysens

Apr 9, 2013

I agree. He’s a good coach and he has the benefit of knowing the area intimately. Should slide right in. I have this sinking feeling that we will get some rookie NHL coach.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
So, I always remember Ruff as a solid coach, but the guy hasn't coached a consistent playoff team since before the 05 lockout
Yeah, but from what I understand he crushed it in NJ with their injuries this year.

I agree. He’s a good coach and he has the benefit of knowing the area intimately. Should slide right in. I have this sinking feeling that we will get some rookie NHL coach.
I sure f***ing hope not. I am so utterly sick of being a testing ground for first time NHL coaches to see if they suck or not!

• Haha
Reactions: Cosmix and Puikiou

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
He is an assistant coach with the Leafs lol

Jesus, I forgot about that.

I know it seems like I'm joking but I'm petrified about him becoming the Leafs head coach. Considering he took a team with Ceci-Phaneuf, Boro-Claesson to within one goal of the cup final, him coaching the Leafs means they will win the WWE championship.

Can you imagine how insufferable hockey media will be if Guy Boucher somehow coached the Toronto Maple Leafs into a victory over Cody Rhodes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad