The Cleveland Browns have become the 2nd team in NFL history to finish 0-16.

First win?

• Week 11 vs Jaguars

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Week 12 @ Bengals

• Week 13 @ Chargers

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Week 14 vs Packers

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Week 15 vs Ravens

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Week 16 @ Bears

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Week 17 @ Steelers

• 0-16

Votes: 23 45.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
I had absolutely no belief going into the game this weekend...so thanks for providing a small glimmer of hope. You're right the Browns have played the Ravens tough in recent years. A couple guys are supposed to be coming back from injuries, and with Gordon in the mix, you never know I guess.

If I had to bet it my money would still be on 0-16 this year sadly...

Now the question is when does Hue go? Can't trust what Haslam says today anyway, but can they really keep a coach who has 1 win in 2 full seasons?

While we're all looking ahead to Browns/Bears on Christmas Eve..... let's not overlook the Baltimore game.

Ravens are coming off an exhausting SNF game they had no business losing- games like that aren't easy to get up off the mat when you play THAT well and still lose

Without their top CB Jimmy Smith (You think Josh Gordon is licking his chops against a secondary that Big Ben and Antonio Brown flambe'd last night?).

They already lost to the Bears at home

The Browns have played them semi-tough in recent years (blew a big lead last year, won in 2015/2013, lost twice in 2014 by a combined 12 points), so it's not exactly Patriots/Bills.

Maybe the Ravens have a Bengals-like hangover/letdown like we saw yesterday (Throw the kitchen sink at Pittsburgh in a big game, lose, don't have much left after that).

And the last 3 teams that have played Pittsburgh in primetime all struggled in their following game:

Titans- Barely beat the Colts, trailed by 10 at one point

Packers- Needed OT to beat a warm weather Bucs team at Lambeau in December

Bengals- Blown out at home by the Bears

AND let's not forget the last time the Ravens played an 0-13 team on the road..... Miami, 2007. We all know what happened there.

Oh, and in '07 the Ravens also came off a tough primetime game in which they threw everything including the kitchen sink only to lose in the final minute:

Pittsburgh last night. 2007? Undefeated Pats, MNF

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
If the steelers clinch home field before week 17 I could see it happening as they would rest their starters.

Though if brown's close to a record he might still be in the game.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
How is their chemistry? Is there a case of the players not meshing with each other or their scheme.

Hue Jackson has done a shit job integrating the players into his system and uneven QB play. You can fairly blame Sashi for drafting extremely raw players instead of a few higher floor plug and play types.

IslesFan2017

May 29, 2017
I don't get how Hue Jackson can possibly be back in Cleveland next season. I mean this feels like this is worse than the Rich Kotite era for the Jets.

I understand that patience is needed and it would be difficult to start over again, but the Browns have too much talent for 1 win over the past two seasons.

I don't think that the Browns can avoid 0-16 this season.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Hue Jackson has done a **** job integrating the players into his system and uneven QB play. You can fairly blame Sashi for drafting extremely raw players instead of a few higher floor plug and play types.
I'm sure them not being on the same page making the situation worse. I also wonder if they are drafting players who don't mesh together.

Having one win with a pretty talented O Line is mind boggling.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I'm sure them not being on the same page making the situation worse. I also wonder if they are drafting players who don't mesh together.

Having one win with a pretty talented O Line is mind boggling.

Also a dominant front 7. Its pretty inexcusable they can't win more than 1 game. It all comes down to QB play and that's on Hue.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Also a dominant front 7. Its pretty inexcusable they can't win more than 1 game. It all comes down to QB play and that's on Hue.

Its not on the guy that brought in zero decent (not great just ok) QBs?

And surrounded those QBs with bad RB's, receivers and TE's.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Oh I agree.

Hue should have never been hired in the first and should have be canned long ago but that excuse the god awful job that Brown did.
Sounds like a power struggle was going on as well. One thing we've seen with Hue is he will go hard after a QB. i.e. his trade for Carson Palmer.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Its not on the guy that brought in zero decent (not great just ok) QBs?

And surrounded those QBs with bad RB's, receivers and TE's.

Caping for the worst coaching staff in the league eh? I already said Brown drafted too many raw players. Is that why Gregg Williams plays his safeties 20 yards from the LOS? Or why they play zone 70% of the time? Is that why Hue insists on 7 step drops with a rookie QB without Coleman or Gordon? Good thing they have Jon Dorsey now who left the Chiefs with no depth and cap issues.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Caping for the worst coaching staff in the league eh? I already said Brown drafted too many raw players. Is that why Gregg Williams plays his safeties 20 yards from the LOS? Or why they play zone 70% of the time? Is that why Hue insists on 7 step drops with a rookie QB without Coleman or Gordon? Good thing they have Jon Dorsey now who left the Chiefs with no depth and cap issues.

No I think the coaching staff is awful as well.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Yeah the qb play is pretty horrendous but I think kizer can be better then the worst starting qb (or qb) in the nfl. Hue has to go

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
One thing I feel confident saying is that they were definitely better off sticking with Osweiler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad