The Charles Wang as ownership mentor analogy thread

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I think this deserves a separate thread and might be fun, but mods make the call.

"Ledecky, a former owner of the Washington Capitals, and Malkin, a London-based investor, will spend much of their time getting a crash course in NHL ownership. Their teacher? Charles Wang."

http://islanderspointblank.com/news...transition-as-on-the-job-training/#more-47611

So, complete the following with words or pictures:

Charles Wang teaching the new guys about hockey ownership is like....

gadiamon72

Jun 13, 2013
I think this deserves a separate thread and might be fun, but mods make the call.

"Ledecky, a former owner of the Washington Capitals, and Malkin, a London-based investor, will spend much of their time getting a crash course in NHL ownership. Their teacher? Charles Wang."

http://islanderspointblank.com/news...transition-as-on-the-job-training/#more-47611

So, complete the following with words or pictures:

Charles Wang teaching the new guys about hockey ownership is like....

Matt Martin teaching mike Bossy how to score more goals.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
(Edit)

Miley Cyrus teaching Sunday School . . .

Charlie Crist teaching about party loyalty . . .

Al Gore teaching about carbon footprint reductions . . .

:laugh:

Had a little time on my hands.

Last edited by a moderator:

scott99

May 13, 2005
As I stated in the main thread about the sale/press conference, it's like Stevie Wonder teaching someone how to drive.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
"Here's your jersey (I think he said New Jersey lol) and a complimentary copy of Hockey for Dummies". Learned all I know from this little beauty- Charles B. Wang.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
That's a contradiction, like the Albino Lifeguard!

kilt3.jpg

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Having Charles as a Boss/Mentor is probably about as good as having Michael Scott as your boss/mentor....really doesn't know what he's doing and the majority of what he does/says defies logic

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
I went to the Ducks game and I got to meet On Edge {very nice guy} tonight in Anaheim, but right before that, I was stopped and had my hand shaken by none other than Jon Ledecky in the corridor who was walking the concourses before the game with his assistant.

I ran into him twice.

We chatted for five minutes after he spotted my Mike Bossy jersey on and he sincerely seemed like an intent guy who wants to fill the building. I won't go into detail about everything, but he was very interested in the history, mood and fan sentiment. When he posed a question about why fans aren't turning out.....I kinda mentioned how a house being taxed on LI eats into the entertainment budget, which he acknowledged I believe with a nod. I didn't want to blurt out the fact that the team hasn't won squat for a decade and NY teams don't draw if they don't win....it would sound fairweather as the cost of living in NY goes hand in hand with the desire to spend on, say, the Mets or Isles losing.

But he was there and happy to see so many Isles jerseys. Very nice man and i did not get one bad vibe from him. He seems very interested in the team and fans.

Thank God!

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
I went to the Ducks game and I got to meet On Edge {very nice guy} tonight in Anaheim, but right before that, I was stopped and had my hand shaken by none other than Jon Ledecky in the corridor who was walking the concourses before the game with his assistant.

I ran into him twice.

We chatted for five minutes after he spotted my Mike Bossy jersey on and he sincerely seemed like an intent guy who wants to fill the building. I won't go into detail about everything, but he was very interested in the history, mood and fan sentiment. When he posed a question about why fans aren't turning out.....I kinda mentioned how a house being taxed on LI eats into the entertainment budget, which he acknowledged I believe with a nod. I didn't want to blurt out the fact that the team hasn't won squat for a decade and NY teams don't draw if they don't win....it would sound fairweather as the cost of living in NY goes hand in hand with the desire to spend on, say, the Mets or Isles losing.

But he was there and happy to see so many Isles jerseys. Very nice man and i did not get one bad vibe from him. He seems very interested in the team and fans.

Thank God!

OTH, you have spent years here being very frank about Wang not spending on the team, among other things.

And the thing you raise to Ledeky is taxes on LI? One can certainly have a chat about the fact the payroll and talent led to losing, which created ambivalence in the market, which makes 'fans' elect to take their entertainment dollars elsewhere.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
OTH, you have spent years here being very frank about Wang not spending on the team, among other things.

And the thing you raise to Ledeky is taxes on LI? One can certainly have a chat about the fact the payroll and talent led to losing, which created ambivalence in the market, which makes 'fans' elect to take their entertainment dollars elsewhere.
I didn't want the tone to be unfriendly/hostile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad