OT: The Carey Price “I told you so” posters

Apr 28, 2010
Yup LG has always been there for Price. I also consider myself as one of Price supporters since the beginning especially this season.

The only difference is I avoid this forum after every loss.. I can't handle all the negative things they say about him. Like exposing him to Seattle makes my blood boil :laugh: it just pisses me off so I don't bother coming in here and just let people rant.

At the end of the day, all I know is this team is nothing without him. That's what I always believe.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I've had arguments with posters on here as recently as a few weeks ago who STILL argued we should have chosen to go with Halak over Price. Dead serious!!

Reactions: ArtPeur

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Always said his contract was dumb for a goalie, but that despite what the stats said he was always Montreal's best player by a fair margin and a top 5-10 goalie in the NHL year after year

In recent (<3 ) years, whenever I watch Montreal seem to give out grade A chances like candies. I enjky watching other teams around the NHL and wowza that doesn't happen nearly as often

Reactions: Subban signed e5

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Remember when I kept saying Price would come back this playoffs and be the best G in the league again like last year?

Yeah... here he is

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I’m a lurker on HFboards. I comment the odd times but I mostly read. But I noticed @Lafleurs Guy has consistently stuck up for Price even threw hard times during Price’s struggles which is brave. Are there other posters around here who you would say are saying back saying “I told you so” right now?
Where's all the contract haters now? Way to go Bergs! Make Hab fans eat crow

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Thanks for the shout out. :laugh: There are others.

My whole thing is that I defend talent. The reality is that in Montreal we’ve really put our players in a position to fail for a long time now. Wont get into it point by point but Price should’ve been doing much better statistically over the past few years.

Anyways he DID suck to start the year. I just find people are way too quick to write players off.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I've always defended Price. I've been critical when appropriate, but always supportive of him.

That said, Price's performance will do nothing to those against him and waiving that contract there. It's easier to justify a $10m+ contract for forwards, except maybe in Toronto, than goalies. End of the day, Price more than "did his job". While I wouldn't say he stole this series, the Habs won the series because of Price. Last night was probably his easiest night because the team showed up for 50 minutes, turtling only for about 10 minutes in the 3rd.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
We know he can play this well. Some of us are concerned that he has the fire and talent to be this good but the fire often isn’t there in the regular season. So you’re stuck paying elite money for a goalie that’s often average. Though he certainly earns his money in these instances, the Habs don’t have a good enough roster to spend that money on a playoff performer.

Plus he deserves to win the Cup. I’m sure he’d love to bring one to Montreal but the likelihood is almost non existent.

Reactions: QuebecPride

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I always believed in Price. I only want him gone to show the haters how much we would miss him.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I'm not sure I'm a "I told you so" Price defender.

I definitely did not doubt him as much as others here.

90% of the flack he received was undeserved. The #1 reason why he got so much flack is because the team was average to below average for most of the year, and when your team isn't good, the laziest analysis you can make is to blame the goalie.

He's been masking flaws for a decade now.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
It's funny how HF boards posters keep saying he's an average goalie. But the truth is he's been on a really bad team for at least half his career. In 2017-18 he had a down year, but what was the defense back then?

Juulsen
Schlemko
Jerabek
Mete
Reilly
Morrow
Alzner
Benn
Davidson

They all played a significant number of games and were sloted in the top 4. Hard to believe right?

Now you see the difference a guy like Markov can do. Carey went from a .930 to a .900 save%.

Get him a true to 3 and he'll be the best goalie in the world.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
As I’ve been saying coming into these playoffs over last 25GP (since 2015) the best goalie stats in the NHL for goalies w 15GP+.........make that over 32GP now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad