GDT: The Canes are not a 1 & Dun team. Caps time is don, it's over!

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Meh. I say let them have their fun, as long as they don't come over here to gloat.

If they did, then I might have to say something about how D.C. sports don't win ****.

The last time a DC area team played for a championship in the big 4 (I have no idea how DCs MLS team is, they have one right?)? 1998. They have all 4.

And if you think thats bad, Minnesota is 1991. Though it looks like the Vikings could be ending that streak. But the Redskins and Wizards? Nah no chance for either, Nationals and Capitals are about one in the same come playoff time.

Also, let us take this time to be thankful that Dan Snyder does not own the Hurricanes :handclap:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Canes just need some motivation. This should help.

lNHaFp7.jpg

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Very very unfortunate that the Canes threw this one away. Could have been the deciding points for the playoff ticket. We shall see.

Reactions: vorbis

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I haven't been that dejected leaving PNC in a long time. Serves me right for feeling good about them, but coming off of a win in Washington, all the good news about Dundon, buddy calls me with an extra ticket (free) center ice, a good crowd, Canes look like they are going to pull this out with a couple of minutes left..then WHAM, a gut punch. Going to put it behind me and move on, hopefully they do as well.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Back to positive things. Attendance was 16,239 tonight.

back to negative: few of those 16K will be back after that kind of a bed-shitting

Caps just wanted it more. Did you see how furious Ovi was on the bench when it became apparent they were going to lose? Screaming at his guys, etc. You never see that from the Canes. Maybe Dundon changes that? But not with this group of pansies, and not with co-captains.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
On the second game of a back to back with 3 regulars out we went toe to toe with the best team in the division and very nearly won. It sucks we didn't get a point but I'm not too deflated about it. Hopefully none of the players are either. Mad, frustrated, ready to avenge it, sure. But I don't think they ought to be too dejected

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
On the second game of a back to back with 3 regulars out we went toe to toe with the best team in the division and very nearly won. It sucks we didn't get a point but I'm not too deflated about it. Hopefully none of the players are either. Mad, frustrated, ready to avenge it, sure. But I don't think they ought to be too dejected

I get the big picture, but to me, what led up to the moment is irrelevant. They were outplaying the Caps, were up by a goal with 3 minutes left, gave the game away because of stupid plays and didn't even get a point out of it. It's completely deflating for me. It isn't the first, nor will it be the last time things like this happen so I'm sure the players will put it behind them and move on, but when you are teetering on the playoff bubble, these are points you cannot give away. They had a chance to get within 3 points of CLB (with 2 games in hand) and get further separation from Pittsburgh and they blew it.

Ok, now I'm done venting and am moving on. :D

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Good teams find a way to win. Bad teams find a way to lose. The canes culture is that of a bad team. That is what Dundon is tasked to change.

One big problem this team has is a lack of leadership. Who is the guy that is making sure the team stays focused on the bench? Who is the guy that goes out and puts up a dominant shift to get momentum back on our side? We haven't had that player since Brindy, and it shows.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
They had a bad end to the game. The leadership angle is so overplayed. The amazing Rod Brind'Amour, greatest leader of all time was still only 40% at making the playoffs with this team. Better than what we've been recently? Sure. Still not great in this league. But it wasn't a function of his leadership when we made it or missed it. It was a function of talent. We're getting there, but we still need to put a few more pieces into place.

All this stuff evens out over the course of the season. We've won some games we didn't really deserve as well. Move on and whoop some Calgary butt. I was dejected in the moment, but it's pretty easy to move on when we're still in it for me. Leave it all out there against Calgary, have sick and injured guys get well on the bye week, and move on.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
A collapse like last night is not a result of bad leadership. It is a result of youth: inexperience and the bad decisions that come from it.

Leadership ends at the point where each player is giving everything they’ve got toward finishing the game hard. They did that, they just didn’t finish smart.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00