The Bruins Lollipop Guild

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
jimmy hayes is 8 feet tall and the softest player in the league

...only to Reilly Smith. ;)

I agree Colt that I'm sick of being out bodied and always coming up short in puck battles.

You don't have to look any further than the front of the net. While Montreal was batting pucks out of the air, and watching the puck pin ball around as a triangle of Habs players stand un-marked in front.

Of course bad things happen. Sure, we're always there to throw them away from the net...after the play.

Now for the Bruins, getting free space around the net is unheard of. There's a body on them, who makes decisive plays.

It's not all about size, as Montreal shows us, but it's a piece of the pie.

I think DS sees this and agrees, but there's a transition period and some guys are just here for now.

I don't think there are too many people that think Koko is long for this team. Griffith is here because of a extreme scoring need. I think as we go along we'll see more of the speed, skill, and physical philosophy of DS. He's going to need to round out the edges well...guys like Spooner and Pasta are going to be here. We are too soft, right now. And it shows.

I think Rinaldo has been a nice find. Exactly what he purchased. A quick, physical, player who isn't afraid to jump in and do whatever is needed. Man, DS got such crap for him. He bet on Reno to grow and he did.

I thought I was going to lose my mind if I had to hear anymore whining about a 3rd round pick or the name Barzal around draft time. :laugh: :rant:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
On a side note:

We play a puck retrieval system --does it make sense to call up and play a bunch of midgets in that system?

Does that not seem like a disconnect between coach and GM?
In Julien's dump and chase system, a Randell and Hargrove are more valuable in limited minutes than slow, gritless smurfs like KoKo and Griffith.

Jan 2nd
Khokhlachev and Griffith sent down.

C. Miller recalled.

2 slow and small guys sent down, 1 fast Dman called up.

I'll give Sweeney credit in that he doesn't have to evaluate mistakes for weeks before figuring it out BUT the question for me is why it happened in the first place. This was such a slap in the face for Randell and Miller ---two guys who have been with the team all season get cut out so a bunch of AHL slow scrubs get into the Winter Classic for one game. Again, Randell only has played Montreal once (and we won) so he isn't a liability against them.
Ummmmm yeah, what the ... Oh I know they needed forwards, that's the excuse some people here will be selling.

I feel like it may be a career long mistake if I don't put you and your "insightful" posts on ignore --so I'm going to go ahead and do that before I pick up points responding to whatever it is that you bring to the table here.
:laugh:

...only to Reilly Smith. ;)

I agree Colt that I'm sick of being out bodied and always coming up short in puck battles.

You don't have to look any further than the front of the net. While Montreal was batting pucks out of the air, and watching the puck pin ball around as a triangle of Habs players stand un-marked in front.

Of course bad things happen. Sure, we're always there to throw them away from the net...after the play.

Now for the Bruins, getting free space around the net is unheard of. There's a body on them, who makes decisive plays.

It's not all about size, as Montreal shows us, but it's a piece of the pie.

I think DS sees this and agrees, but there's a transition period and some guys are just here for now.

I don't think there are too many people that think Koko is long for this team. Griffith is here because of a extreme scoring need. I think as we go along we'll see more of the speed, skill, and physical philosophy of DS. He's going to need to round out the edges well...guys like Spooner and Pasta are going to be here. We are too soft, right now. And it shows.

I think Rinaldo has been a nice find. Exactly what he purchased. A quick, physical, player who isn't afraid to jump in and do whatever is needed. Man, DS got such crap for him. He bet on Reno to grow and he did.

I thought I was going to lose my mind if I had to hear anymore whining about a 3rd round pick or the name Barzal around draft time. :laugh: :rant:
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
We need talent more than we need size. I can agree that we could use another big guy here and there but the problem remains that if 1 or 2 guys get injured, the go to guys become Connolly and Hayes who pretty much suck at this sport.
Replace those 2 with hockey players and the forwards will be just fine.

But the Randell snub is a complete head scratcher, especially because it has happened all season long.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
We need talent more than we need size. I can agree that we could use another big guy here and there but the problem remains that if 1 or 2 guys get injured, the go to guys become Connolly and Hayes who pretty much suck at this sport.
Replace those 2 with hockey players and the forwards will be just fine.

But the Randell snub is a complete head scratcher, especially because it has happened all season long.

Not so sure that it's a snub. Trying to figure out any coaches motives are sometimes confusing. With Claude much of what he does. Most of what Claude does is a mystery. Saying it's a snub is like saying that it's something personal which I doubt, but I have no idea most of the time what what he's thinking. I guess with CJ, the ends do justify the means (most of the time).

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Not so sure that it's a snub. Trying to figure out any coaches motives are sometimes confusing. With Claude much of what he does. Most of what Claude does is a mystery. Saying it's a snub is like saying that it's something personal which I doubt, but I have no idea most of the time what what he's thinking. I guess with CJ, the ends do justify the means (most of the time).

It probably isn't a snub, but I think it's pretty obvious the next time this team plays Montreal, Randell needs to be playing. Or the same for Ottawa.

He may NOT bring All-star talents to the roster, but Randell's essentially ready for the NHL, from what I've seen. He may only be a young, new Thorty for this team, but I see no issues with that. Especially if he DOES manage to bring somewhere between 5-10 goals a season. I think he could do it, too.

I know this team has bigger problems overall, especially the D, but getting guys like Talbot back into the AHL while bringing in younger, useful talent to play STILL makes a difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad