Post-Game Talk: The Brick WOLL to the rescue - Leafs win !!!

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
He's not a "train wreck". He's brought positive goaltending impacts to the team this year, just as he did last year for Ottawa. And he has extensive playoff experience.
What Dubas did, for the record, is give us the best goaltending we've had in a half decade.
And for the first time in literally decades, we have two potential starters with positive impacts on the season heading into the playoffs.
I will give you Sammy. I’m ok with him but you are 100% wrong on Murray.
4 goals against in 7 if his last 8 games behind a team that you have claimed many times is very good defensively. Which is is goaltending or defence problems

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
That’s a big no to Jack Campbell. As far as Sammy I am totally fine with him right now.
it was a risk at the start only because I think the focus was that Murray was going to be “the man” and Sammy would be a bonus if he turned out great.
What I really would have liked is for Dubas to have worked a little harder getting quality goal tending a little sooner instead of relying on the scrap heap for our tenders

I think it was hard because it seemed like there was a ton of goaltender collusion happening before the season even ended. We already knew were all the top goaltenders were being traded to and signing like 2-3 months before UFA.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I will give you Sammy. I’m ok with him but you are 100% wrong on Murray.
4 goals against in 7 if his last 8 games behind a team that you have claimed many times is very good defensively. Which is is goaltending or defence problems
It's been a combination of Murray not being at his sharpest for a couple of those games, the rest of the team being a defensive mess in a couple of those games as we test out configurations, and some bad bounces that aren't really the fault of either. This is part of the problem with cherry picking small samples. Vasilevsky had an 0.885 SV% through his first 8 games of March. Is he also a garbage goalie?

Should also be noted that 5 of those 8 games were against a top-5 offensive team this year, another one was against Carolina (2nd best team in the league), and another one he let in 4 goals but still had a 0.923 SV%.

There's a big difference between not quite what we'd hoped so far while still bringing positive impacts overall, and "train wreck".

Last edited:

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I want Jarnkrok with Matthews and Marner. Kerfoot with Tavares and Nylander. Jarnkrok has been lights out on the top line. And honestly if Kerfoot can play like this into the playoffs keep him with Tavares and Nylander. That line has been so dangerous the last few games. Bunting with O’Rielly might be nice and could provide good offense. I think you spread out the offense as much as you can

IF Knies is capable of slotting in, him with ROR and Bunting could potentially be a nice mix. Though I don’t know who comes out to accommodate Knies in that scenario. We just got Lafferty, and I think Kampf, ZAR, and Acciari is close to set

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad