WWE: "The Big Guy" Ryback officially gone from WWE

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I still say he could have been a big star in late 2012 if they pulled the trigger on him. THat cell match ending with Punk was butchered.

Ryback had no business going over Punk. They put themselves in a corner by rushing Ryback into that spot.

HeymanGuy

Sep 10, 2014
Kitchener, Ontario
Ryback had no business going over Punk. They put themselves in a corner by rushing Ryback into that spot.

Then don't book the match!?

Saying he had no business going over is wrong, the PPV got a good buyrate - and it was down to Ryback, like it or not. People bought into the fact there could be a title change.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne

Saying he had no business going over is wrong, the PPV got a good buyrate - and it was down to Ryback, like it or not. People bought into the fact there could be a title change.
There's no way you take the title from Punk at that point, especially when we know what followed right after with the Shield debuting and longest title run.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

No, it's not wrong. Ryback was just on the main roster for a few months at that time and still working squashes. That very same night on Raw (when they put him in the title picture) he looked like he was going to be in a program with The Miz for the IC Title, which would have been a good spot for a still green worker who was just starting to get over with his undefeated streak. Then Cena got hurt, couldn't work the show, so they had no choice but to put Ryback in there since Mick Foley could no longer work (the way they were building on TV, Punk vs. Foley looked like it would have been a legitimate option if Mick could be cleared).

Ryback had no business being in that match, and he had no business going over Punk at all -- especially when Punk was going to work The Rock at the Rumble and had turned heel specifically to do that very match. To even think it would have been a wise move is a joke. CM Punk was the hottest thing going in the company at that time. I'm also sure that buyrate had nothing to do with Punk and everything to do with Ryback.
E2HjlAK.png

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
The guy had zero going for him beyond some muscles. Even then, he wasn't exceptionally strong, so it wasn't all that impressive, it was nothing more than the look. Sure he'd be stronger than those of us on here, but if you're going to be the jacked up guy, then I want to be wowed with some feats of strength.

I'm not too fond of the power guys, I prefer the technical elements, but I do enjoy at times watching something and thinking wow, that is impressive as a display of power. He never did that. Cena does that, Cesaro does that, Ryback was just a block of muscles and nothing else.

Was a little amusing when he was the bully guy, but even then it wasn't some star level stuff that was going on.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

People thought it could happen, and were deathly petrified of the possibility.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He's charging $4,500 with the option of a lower rate for more dates, $5,000 to less reputable promoters and is in talks with NJPW.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What's the name of his podcast?

The Big Podcast
The Podcast Guy
Feed Podcasts More

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad