The Barclay Goodrow rule

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Reminds me of the time in Manchester when some Monarch fans tried to throw a giant Snoopy on the ice. Damn thing was so big and heavy it took twenty people working in unison to get it up and over the glass.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Comment on radio play-by-play (or during Sharks broadcast I caught this morning as I was at the game last night) was it took 25 fans to get it up and over the glass (plus Goodrow).

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

images

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
What happens if a team having the toss doesn't score? I wonder if that's ever happened.

Yes its happened. I've seen it three times actually. Usually they do the three stars then the announcer calls for the bears to be thrown, although often by that point the bears are already flying in disgust.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
I've been to some road games where the host team wasn't very good, and they actually scheduled the toss for the first intermission. Whether this was because they were afraid of getting shut out, or to avoid the delay during the game I don't know for sure.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I always wondered because I've never experienced that.

I figured its different by market because of the sizes. I figured most people who bring bears to the games are season ticket holders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad