Player Discussion The Bad Granlund Phenomenon Part 4 (mod warning post #393)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elimanator

The Future
Oct 6, 2013
Middle of the ocean
Markus Granlund

Hey guys, I'm a GM in a fantasy league online.

I just traded for Markus Granlund and was wondering if I could get some input from Canucks fans who see him every night. Also, it would be nice to get some input on what his ceiling is.

For those interested in the trade, it was RFA Mikael Backlund (wanted too much) for Markus Granlund and Auston Watson

For those interested in the league, just PM me.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
He's a scoring fringe top 6 guy who is suspect defensively.

He will either make a big step up this year and prove that he's a top 6 forward, or he'll take a step down and be a kind of fringe player. For Backlund I think it's a good risk to take since Backlund isn't a top 6 forward either.

Elimanator

The Future
Oct 6, 2013
Middle of the ocean

He will either make a big step up this year and prove that he's a top 6 forward, or he'll take a step down and be a kind of fringe player. For Backlund I think it's a good risk to take since Backlund isn't a top 6 forward either.

Thanks for the input!

Sorry for not funding this thread before. I only found the locked Player Discussion thread

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010

huh? he absolutely is

backlund is a substantially better hockey player than horvat is right now. horvats younger and can improve but if i had to make a team to win right now theres no question who i'd take

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
huh? he absolutely is

backlund is a substantially better hockey player than horvat is right now. horvats younger and can improve but if i had to make a team to win right now theres no question who i'd take

Oh oops i didnt realize he was coming off such a good year. For some reason i thought he was coming off a 40 point season for some reason.

Ah i got Backlund and Joe Colborne messed up. Wow colbrone had a bad season.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Oh oops i didnt realize he was coming off such a good year. For some reason i thought he was coming off a 40 point season for some reason.

Ah i got Backlund and Joe Colborne messed up. Wow colbrone had a bad season.

A 40 point season is a bad season...unless you're Sutter - then it's a career high.:sarcasm:

Benning: Give the man a mid-term deal for $4+ million & retroactive NTC. He's got intangibles!

Hope Benning is fired before Granlund hits that mark (40 points) & his contract is up for renewal.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
A 40 point season is a bad season...unless you're Sutter - then it's a career high.:sarcasm:

Benning: Give the man a mid-term deal for $4+ million & retroactive NTC. He's got intangibles!

Hope Benning is fired before Granlund hits that mark (40 points) & his contract is up for renewal.

If Green has half a brain, Granlund isn't going to be gorging on icetime this coming season, so look for his already unimpressive point total to level out. I'd really like to see the same kind of icetime given to Goldobin/Rodin/Dahlen/Boeser for maybe 5 games each and see if any of them step up and perform.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
If Green has half a brain, Granlund isn't going to be gorging on icetime this coming season, so look for his already unimpressive point total to level out. I'd really like to see the same kind of icetime given to Goldobin/Rodin/Dahlen/Boeser for maybe 5 games each and see if any of them step up and perform.

Granlund largely played "defensive" minutes with Sutter -and came out very well possession wise.

What makes you think those players can play those minutes?

Why would you want them to?

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Granlund largely played "defensive" minutes with Sutter -and came out very well possession wise.

What makes you think those players can play those minutes?

Why would you want them to?

I was thinking more along the lines of giving those players a shot with the offensive time he was given to see if any of them can do better.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Granlund played almost equal time with the Sedins that he did with Sutter. And played tons of PP.

Hardly defensive minutes.

His production is only special for those looking for a positive to a dime a dozen player

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Granlund played almost equal time with the Sedins that he did with Sutter. And played tons of PP.

False.

Hardly defensive minutes.

Maybe not, still, he played 2/3rds of his even strength ice-time with Sutter... that's not generally considered a great opportunity for "offensive" players.

His production is only special for those looking for a positive to a dime a dozen player

I didn't mention production, I mentioned his strong possession numbers.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

Except that he isn't...according to Canucks Army and the advanced stats guys, he's one of the most defensively reliable forwards the Canucks have....so 19 goals from one of your best defensive forwards means he's hardly a 'fringe player'.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Except that he isn't...according to Canucks Army and the advanced stats guys, he's one of the most defensively reliable forwards the Canucks have....so 19 goals from one of your best defensive forwards means he's hardly a 'fringe player'.

Except when you watch him actually play hockey you realize he loses about 80% of the puck battles he gets into.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

I just traded for Markus Granlund and was wondering if I could get some input from Canucks fans who see him every night. Also, it would be nice to get some input on what his ceiling is.

For those interested in the trade, it was RFA Mikael Backlund (wanted too much) for Markus Granlund and Auston Watson

You got destroyed in that deal. Granlund won't put up near the numbers he did last year. His SH% is likely due to regress, and he'll put up even fewer points when he's not being given 18 minutes per night.

My projection has him scoring 14 goals and 25 points this season.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016

Jim?

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Yawn. Wad it really worth bumping thyself thread just to try to troll people?
Yes why talk about what a great performance one of our players had when we can trash him for 44 pages....lol

Trolling??? FFS the guy just had a great game and i'm giving him some cred.

Reactions: stuffradio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad