GDT: "The Avengers: Age of Mona-tron" Flames v. Canucks · 8 PM · Rogers Arena · HNIC

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
What a ****ing game. Don't know about you guys, but I got very frustrated with Hamilton in the second. Way too many turnovers and bad decisions. Straightened it out in the third, though.

Our top line tonight played as if they are regular readers of the main boards.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
What a ****ing game. Don't know about you guys, but I got very frustrated with Hamilton in the second. Way too many turnovers and bad decisions. Straightened it out in the third, though.

Our top line tonight played as if they are regular readers of the main boards.

He's still obviously struggling to get the system and Gio's tendencies down, but man is he a stud in the offensive zone.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
He's still obviously struggling to get the system and Gio's tendencies down, but man is he a stud in the offensive zone.

He is pinching more than he should be imo. We have talented forwards, he has kind of thrown off the groove himself that way.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
He is pinching more than he should be imo. We have talented forwards, he has kind of thrown off the groove himself that way.

When you go from a restricting system to a open one like he has, it's bound to happen, he'll find the balance

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
Flames win

10214441.gif

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
The game needs more Backlund. I'm all for having the Bennett-Backlund line again to create more secondary scoring.

Caged Great

Jan 1, 2007
Calgary
Awesome effort by the guys in White tonight. If they can play like that repeatedly throughout this season, they'll likely finish with over 100 points.

They need to figure out how to get some secondary scoring to take the pressure off the 1st line.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Awesome effort by the guys in White tonight. If they can play like that repeatedly throughout this season, they'll likely finish with over 100 points.

They need to figure out how to get some secondary scoring to take the pressure off the 1st line.

It will come, Frolik, Bennett and Raymond were buzzing all night, Ferland has some offense in him too

Aug 3, 2010
A few people questioning Raymond over Jooris tonight, but gotta trust what Hartley sees in practice. Nothing against Jooris but Raymond had a very inspired game tonight... of course as we know, the problem is whether he can find any kind of consistency.

Caged Great

Jan 1, 2007
Calgary
It will come, Frolik, Bennett and Raymond were buzzing all night, Ferland has some offense in him too

For sure, definitely not concerned. Just have to wait for them to start clicking. Frolik is unlucky not to have more than one tonight alone, same with Raymond.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
**** this and that and everything. My alarm clock failed me so I missed the game. Luckily there GCL, that shows "Final / Final OT / Final SO" for each game thats ended even though I've turned scores off. I watched the OT first, gonna watch the game later today but what a way to spoil the final score :rant:

Shawnofthedeadz

Jan 18, 2013
Dont really like money on the 3v3. Would like to see Bennett on that open ice.

Disagree, I liked his pairing with Hamilton and Gio. They looked strong together and were hard to get the puck from. (Side note: Monahan's strength must of taken another jump this season, this game and last he looks much tougher to get the puck from.)

I think Bennett needs to find his way first before we can put the entire game on his shoulders. He might benefit from a game in the press box as an educational move soon. To me, he seems like he has everything need easily but is overplaying the puck.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Disagree, I liked his pairing with Hamilton and Gio. They looked strong together and were hard to get the puck from. (Side note: Monahan's strength must of taken another jump this season, this game and last he looks much tougher to get the puck from.)

I think Bennett needs to find his way first before we can put the entire game on his shoulders. He might benefit from a game in the press box as an educational move soon. To me, he seems like he has everything need easily but is overplaying the puck.

What? I agree it's too early for Sam @ 3v3 but i thought his play in the third was Toews-esque.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad