OT: The Avalounge: Days Of Future Past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Damn, if I'd realised the old one was so close to the end I'd have made it myself.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
So my work computer got the black screen of death yesterday and I was forced to reboot in safe mode then turn off all startups and services. I was happy just to be able to access it but now I can't get Solidworks to run it says it can't access my license or something. The guy who does the IT stuff at work won't be able to come in until Monday so now I'm stuck using an ancient PC still running Windows XP and ******* do I miss a Windows operating system that doesn't have any problems. If Solidworks 14 didn't require Windows 7 or newer I'd request XP on my old computer right away.

This is also a cry for help for anyone familiar with Solidworks.

member 116861

So my work computer got the black screen of death yesterday and I was forced to reboot in safe mode then turn off all startups and services. I was happy just to be able to access it but now I can't get Solidworks to run it says it can't access my license or something. The guy who does the IT stuff at work won't be able to come in until Monday so now I'm stuck using an ancient PC still running Windows XP and ******* do I miss a Windows operating system that doesn't have any problems. If Solidworks 14 didn't require Windows 7 or newer I'd request XP on my old computer right away.

This is also a cry for help for anyone familiar with Solidworks.

HF needs to hire more reliable IT guys.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
MoAdPQZ.png

Fun fact: Bristol City were my first parent club, a winger & a defender they sent us on loan in my first season in the Conference South got us promoted (including a 92nd minute equaliser in the playoffs from the former). Sorry, I guess.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
It's the end of an era at Salisbury as two of my earliest signings, James Dunn & Bradley Fairweather, both leave on free transfers after ten years at the club.

Dunn leaves as my captain and best player to go to newly promoted Derby. He is Salisbury's (well, in the game, not in reality) record appearance holder.

Fairweather is Salisbury's leading scorer, and I hope he finds a club.

Me, well, my weekly wage budget went up another three grand and it seems that I'll be pinning my hopes for survival on Victor Moses, Gyfli Sigurdsson (they spelled his name wrong back in 06) and non-EU player work permit appeals which I haven't tried to get around since I tried and failed to sign a Guatemalan boy when I was in the Conference.

Oh, speaking of the Conference, there are Conference teams with better facilities and bigger budgets than us, and it seems that I need to choose between expanding the stadium or improving the training/youth facilities on any given season. So with our capacity of ~12k we'll probably still be losing money every month next season. I can't wait!

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Such is the life of Bristol.

I would expand the stadium first so you can make more money now. Then upgrade facilities later with the money you get with gate money.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
After the first month of the season we're in second place with I think four wins and two draws. 300-1 to win the league at the start of the season, I hope someone stuck a tenner on us.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I either have Calcaneal (Achilles) Tendonitis or deep vein thrombosis. Considering I am a healthy young adult with no genetic factors or history of DVT, I probably have tendonitis. I don't know how many of you had something happen to their Achilles tendon, but it is some underrated pain. Feels like I walked for a 60 mile hike. Can't really walk normally or even sleep, always feel like you're going to rupture it with a minor activity.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I either have Calcaneal (Achilles) Tendonitis or deep vein thrombosis. Considering I am a healthy young adult with no genetic factors or history of DVT, I probably have tendonitis. I don't know how many of you had something happen to their Achilles tendon, but it is some underrated pain. Feels like I walked for a 60 mile hike. Can't really walk normally or even sleep, always feel like you're going to rupture it with a minor activity.

That sucks, I'm battling with acid reflux for three days, can't fall asleep until after midnight and then I wake up at 3-3:30AM feeling like my chest is on fire.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That sucks, I'm battling with acid reflux for three days, can't fall asleep until after midnight and then I wake up at 3-3:30AM feeling like my chest is on fire.

Croatian's with that spicy food? :sarcasm::D

I'm too lazy to go to the doctor, but if the pain lasts over the weak definitely go to schedule an appoint on Monday. I just hope it's not something more serious like an infection, sepsis, bursitis, or autoimmune diseases.

AdamCalderHero

Jul 20, 2010
Coventry, England

Ive had it in the past and went to the doctors. They gave me some pain killers and told me to stay off my feet for 2 weeks which obviously didnt happen. In the end it just came down to rest and painkillers and the pain gradually subsided

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Croatian's with that spicy food? :sarcasm::D

I'm too lazy to go to the doctor, but if the pain lasts over the weak definitely go to schedule an appoint on Monday. I just hope it's not something more serious like an infection, sepsis, bursitis, or autoimmune diseases.

:laugh:

Nah, I'm dealing with it for 8 years now, I got careless and drank half a glass of Cola and it made my life miserable. I should go to the doctor, but I hate going there.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ive had it in the past and went to the doctors. They gave me some pain killers and told me to stay off my feet for 2 weeks which obviously didnt happen. In the end it just came down to rest and painkillers and the pain gradually subsided

:laugh:

Nah, I'm dealing with it for 8 years now, I got careless and drank half a glass of Cola and it made my life miserable. I should go to the doctor, but I hate going there.

Thanks Adam, but going off topic since you're my European bros and watch good programing like Top Gear (not like Ceremony), how did you guys like when they travelled to Chernobyl?! Also can't believe Ireland won the Six Nations, I would be pissed Adam. There are rumours that South Africa is going to join the tourney! :amazed:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Thanks Adam, but going off topic since you're my European bros and watch good programing like Top Gear (not like Ceremony), how did you guys like when they travelled to Chernobyl?! Also can't believe Ireland won the Six Nations, I would be pissed Adam. There are rumours that South Africa is going to join the tourney! :amazed:

Chernobyl was OK, not the best, but certainly good.

I'm over the moon because of the Irish win and best of all BOD got to go out on top. Bokke would end up being the favorite by far every year, I don't see it happening, travel, time zones and SANZAR make it almost impossible to pull off.

AdamCalderHero

Jul 20, 2010
Coventry, England

Yeah I really enjoyed that Top Gear episode. It wasnt the very best but it was up there. Just seeing them drive around what Chernobyl has become :amazed:

And speaking of rugby im watching a game at the moment that is crazy. Leicester vs Northampton in the English Premiership semi final and its one of the most intense i've ever seen its unbelievable. And yepp as much as I wanted to see England win Ireland were my second choice. The World cup next year will be amazing. I agree with Ivan i dont see SA joining but it would make for an unbelievable tournement

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
So, if I could take one piece of advice back in time to when I started college, it would be that you shouldn't ignore invites to go out and hang with your friends. Honestly, the best times of my life have come in the last year before graduating and enjoying my time with my friends. It's a shame it took this long for me to learn that.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
So, if I could take one piece of advice back in time to when I started college, it would be that you shouldn't ignore invites to go out and hang with your friends. Honestly, the best times of my life have come in the last year before graduating and enjoying my time with my friends. It's a shame it took this long for me to learn that.

i agree with this . I said no to an invite once and sadly it was the last time some of my highschool friends were arround . They went to different colleges and moved far away in other cities . When you get an invite you go .

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
i agree with this . I said no to an invite once and sadly it was the last time some of my highschool friends were arround . They went to different colleges and moved far away in other cities . When you get an invite you go .

Then when everyone graduates college they all move away to where ever their new jobs are.

It's good advice in general no matter what stage of your life you're in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad