Speculation: [The Athletic] NHL trade candidates: 10 players who are falling out of favor

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
How’s Anthony Stolarz falling out of favor? Guy has been a rock for Anaheim same with Dostal.

We took almost 60 shots from Edmonton last night. And he let no goals get in when he played in the third.

Stolarz saved the game from being unwatchable for many of us fans 😂

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

Players listed:

• Anthony Mantha
  • Kevin Hayes
  • Conor Garland
  • Kasperi Kapanen
  • Tyler Myers
  • Denis Gurianov
  • Dante Fabbro
  • Sean Walker
  • Anthony Stolarz
  • Ian Mitchell
  • Honorable mentions: JT Miller, Brian Dumoulin, MacKenzie Blackwood
I want Sean Walker on the Stars so everyone can start calling him "Walker Texas Ranger"

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Based on recent comments by Poile and Hayes, I don't think Fabbro is actually as available as this implies. Supposedly it's less "falling out of favor" and more "trying to push him to see if he can do Even More."

Reactions: Myopinionsarewrong

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Based on recent comments by Poile and Hayes, I don't think Fabbro is actually as available as this implies. Supposedly it's less "falling out of favor" and more "trying to push him to see if he can do Even More."
Your coach should have him watch this scene from The Last Jedi on loop

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
How’s Anthony Stolarz falling out of favor? Guy has been a rock for Anaheim same with Dostal.

We took almost 60 shots from Edmonton last night. And he let no goals get in when he played in the third.

Stolarz saved the game from being unwatchable for many of us fans 😂

According to the article, it's about calling up Dostal.

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
According to the article, it's about calling up Dostal.

Well respectively, I think that article is not accurate. Stolarz has been a very solid back up for Anaheim. Not sure why he was even mentioned for that article to begin with.

I wouldn’t mind Stolarz and Dostal as the one two punch to be honest.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Well respectively, I think that article is not accurate. Stolarz has been a very solid back up for Anaheim. Not sure why he was even mentioned for that article to begin with.

I wouldn’t mind Stolarz and Dostal as the one two punch to be honest.

Wow, ok.

Never seen a fanbase so attached to a 28 year old backup.

Reactions: capazzo

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Walker is getting better as the season progresses after that brutal knee injury at the start of last season. He’s fine but I’d rather have some beef back there with Edler. If a LD can’t be had I’d look real hard at Schenn or Gudas.

Reactions: David Lunch

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Dumoulin just isn't the same player he was 5 years ago. He has accrued a lot of damage from injuries and he simply can't play at the level of a top pairing dman anymore.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Fabbro is at least a more legitimate player to list from Nashville than the previous fabrications of Ekholm or McDonagh. But only because we as fans see his role has been drastically reduced for no apparent reason, and are speculating that he may be out of favor. Plus his contract is up (RFA).

The Preds don't have anybody to replace him with, however, so it is by no means certain that he truly would be available.

Seems like a pretty decent list, for a change!

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Wow, ok.

Never seen a fanbase so attached to a 28 year old backup.

Wouldn’t say attached. But when your team takes the most shots allowed in the NHL. Which is 38+ average.

And he puts on good performances. You gotta give respect where it’s due. That simple.

There’s many players that writer could have chosen from in the league. And Stolarz is not accurate for a top 10 list.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Habs would like to contribute to the list by adding Armia, Hoffman, Dadonov, Drouin, Gallagher, Wideman and Edmundson. Sure, apart from the latter, they all have negative value, but we hope a DG gets desperate enough to make an offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad