Rumor: The Athletic: Capitals may not be done yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
Don't ever give this site money but.... Capitals mailbag, part 2: Trades for big-name rentals, the one that got away, and more

They think that the Capitals may look for a rental due to injuries..... who is available? According to the awesome site Cap Friendly the Caps are already 6 mil in the hole. Washington Capitals Salary Cap, Draft Picks, and Player Contracts - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

That is not counting if Backstrom or less likely Wilson goes on LTIR. If Backstrom were to we would have about 3 mil to play with. Would anyone want to take a chance on Backstrom trade wise? Honestly I feel as if it is time to give him the Old Yeller ending.

Who is out there and available that could make an impact.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Honestly, if they are wanting to replace Backstrom, Miller is the only known option to replace what he brought.

Reactions: BHD

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Don't ever give this site money but.... Capitals mailbag, part 2: Trades for big-name rentals, the one that got away, and more

They think that the Capitals may look for a rental due to injuries..... who is available? According to the awesome site Cap Friendly the Caps are already 6 mil in the hole. Washington Capitals Salary Cap, Draft Picks, and Player Contracts - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

That is not counting if Backstrom or less likely Wilson goes on LTIR. If Backstrom were to we would have about 3 mil to play with. Would anyone want to take a chance on Backstrom trade wise? Honestly I feel as if it is time to give him the Old Yeller ending.

What's your problem with the Athletic? Must be huge since you made it a point to slam them hard in the thread title . I personally know someone who works for them in my local town.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
1661225201179.gif

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Don't ever give this site money but....
not sure you're beef with The Athletic,
as NHL fan i think its great,
providing as much or more NHL columns and team beat content, by qualified writers, as can be found anywhere under 1 login

And jeez, over reacting to a mailbag article? by definition, its a reporter speculating, in response to fan questions

Anyway for many hockey fans, maybe more than the other major NA sports, Athletic fills a huge gap

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
not sure you're beef with The Athletic,
as NHL fan i think its great,
providing as much or more NHL columns and team beat content, by qualified writers, as can be found anywhere under 1 login

And jeez, over reacting to a mailbag article? by definition, its a reporter speculating, in response to fan questions

Anyway for many hockey fans, maybe more than the other major NA sports, Athletic fills a huge gap

I agree the hate is strange. It's as rare as finding someone who thinks The Shawshank Redemption is a zero star movie .

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006

The Athletic is better than most media covering hockey. A weird take.

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
The fact that they want you to pay to read their articles ticks me off.
I'm sure at least one person who works for the Athletic or is associated with them responded to this thread everyone else is just white knighting here.

Reactions: stl76

DollardStLaurent

May 15, 2014
What's your problem with the Athletic? Must be huge since you made it a point to slam them hard in the thread title . I personally know someone who works for them in my local town.
That's almost as embarrassing as me graduating HS with Geraldo Rivera.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
The fact that they want you to pay to read their articles ticks me off.
I'm sure at least one person who works for the Athletic or is associated with them responded to this thread everyone else is just white knighting here.

How is that "trashy " though? Greedy maybe. You don't have to join. Personally though, reading a free article filled with adware is not sqeeky clean either.

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
Honestly, if they are wanting to replace Backstrom, Miller is the only known option to replace what he brought.
I know we are not going to get another Backstrom type player maybe someone a step down or two. The guy was irreplaceable in his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad