The Atd#8-AAA Draft (sign-up thread)

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I'm bumping this, (if that's all right mods)...we still need a 9th (10th) team to go with even numbers...

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
What the hell.... Bulldogs
THE AMERICANADIANS
I'll roll with Alfredshems IK, otherwise known nowadays as MODO hockey.

Me and pits will be known as:The Los Angeles Blades

If you still need someone, I will go in as the Chicago Cougars.
One blatant attempt to steal some glory off the Edina Hornets ... these teams are all cute, but nobody has anything on the Malta Maltese!

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I thought it remarkable that there were two Moose Jaw teams in the ML draft. But now I think it was no coincidence.

In the AAA draft there will be two Los Angeles teams? :whaaa?: Two teams nicknamed Cougars? :doh:

Copycats! :ipeace

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
I thought it remarkable that there were two Moose Jaw teams in the ML draft. But now I think it was no coincidence.

In the AAA draft there will be two Los Angeles teams? :whaaa?: Two teams nicknamed Cougars? :doh:

Copycats! :ipeace

We're just following the lead of the Roughriders/Rough Riders dichotomy.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
JFF says he'll post the ML first round of the playoffs results Monday.

So the AAA draft will begin Tuesday morning at 9:00 a.m. eastern!

Rules: No trading picks. Absolutely no early picks. The draft day begins at 9:00 am eastern. If you miss a day, you can make the pick up whenever. No changing of picks until the add/drop period at the end of the draft. Any player from any era not drafted in the ATD8 or ML8 draft is available (except for Art Chapman who broke a leg this season in the ML). Ideally, the picks will be of overlooked gems who should have been selected in the ML Draft and maybe a few arguably main draft possibilities in the future. 12 players to be picked: 6 forwards, 3 defensemen, 1 goalie and 2 free picks (goalie depth, role player, extra centers, coach, whatever).

AAA Draft Schedule

Tuesday, February 12th - First round picks
Wednesday, February 13th - Second round picks
Thursday, February 14th - Third round picks
Friday, February 15th - Fourth round picks
Saturday February 16th - Fifth round picks
Sunday, February 17th - Sixth round picks
Monday, February 18th - Seventh round picks
Tuesday, February 19th - Eighth round picks
Wednesday, February 20th - Ninth round picks
Thursday, February 21st - Tenth round picks
Friday, February 22nd - Eleventh round picks
Saturday, February 23rd - Twelfth round picks​
Sunday, February 24th - Ensure picks are finished, add/drop day.
Monday, February 25th - Voting begins on best 12-man group of all-time picks, all-star team selections (F-F-F-D-D-G and maybe Coach or just Extra)

Last edited:

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
JFF says he'll post the ML first round of the playoffs results Monday.

So the AAA draft will begin Tuesday morning at 9:00 a.m. eastern!

Rules: No trading picks. Absolutely no early picks. The draft day begins at 9:00 am eastern. If you miss a day, you can make the pick up whenever. No changing of picks until the add/drop period at the end of the draft. Any player from any era not drafted in the ATD8 or ML8 draft is available (except for Art Chapman who broke a leg this season in the ML). Ideally, the picks will be of overlooked gems who should have been selected in the ML Draft and maybe a few arguably main draft possibilities in the future. 12 players to be picked: 6 forwards, 3 defensemen, 1 goalie and 2 free picks (goalie depth, role player, extra centers, coach, whatever).

AAA Draft Schedule

Tuesday, February 12th - First round picks
Wednesday, February 13th - Second round picks
Thursday, February 14th - Third round picks
Friday, February 15th - Fourth round picks
Saturday February 16th - Fifth round picks
Sunday, February 17th - Sixth round picks
Monday, February 18th - Seventh round picks
Tuesday, February 19th - Eighth round picks
Wednesday, February 20th - Ninth round picks
Thursday, February 21st - Tenth round picks
Friday, February 22nd - Eleventh round picks
Saturday, February 23rd - Twelfth round picks​
Sunday, February 24th - Ensure picks are finished, add/drop day.
Monday, February 25th - Voting begins on best 12-man group of all-time picks, all-star team selections (F-F-F-D-D-G and maybe Coach or just Extra)
Only 12?

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
If the MAJORITY (at least six teams) want to do a full 24-pick team then we can do that.

Otherwise, this is designed to be about a g.m. stocking the minors with depth picks, not with any intention to win a championship at that AAA, 2nd-tier minors level, but to get quality ice time for great players (call-up players), just like with any top pro organization. DON'T make a pick based on line chemistry; instead, make the 12 Best Picks Available (BPAs). Afterwards we'll judge the best individual players (all-star team) as well as best group of depth prospects (Best Depth G.M. Award).

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
If the MAJORITY (at least six teams) want to do a full 24-pick team then we can do that.

Otherwise, this is designed to be about a g.m. stocking the minors with depth picks, not with any intention to win a championship at that AAA, 2nd-tier minors level, but to get quality ice time for great players (call-up players), just like with any top pro organization. DON'T make a pick based on line chemistry; instead, pick the 12 Best Picks Available (BPAs). Afterwards we'll judge the best individual players as well as best group of depth prospects.
I see...ok.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I don't either, partly because the playoffs take time and under the present simple arrangement, we'll have everything wrapped up by the end of February. It'd be nice not to go into March at all.

But we can vote on what to do: full teams or as it is

so far

24/full team & playoffs: 1 vote
12-man depth chart: 2 votes

pappyline

Jul 3, 2005
Mass/formerly Ont
I don't either, partly because the playoffs take time and under the present simple arrangement, we'll have everything wrapped up by the end of February. It'd be nice not to go into March at all.

But we can vote on what to do: full teams or as it is

so far

24/full team & playoffs: 1 vote
12-man depth chart: 2 votes
12 man depth chart is my vote. I only joined because it was simple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad