The Atd#8-AAA Draft (sign-up thread)

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The All-Time AAA Draft

We have had two drafts and most all-time greats have been picked. But a few have fallen through the cracks and there are some arguably borderline great. Some HHOFers too. And some of us might still have a list of players we didn't draft but felt almost equally as deserving.

So, instead of having a thread about unrestricted free agents as we did after the last minor league draft, this time we'll have one more, smaller draft.

ANYBODY CAN G.M. A TEAM. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY. Though ATD-ML g.m.s might be more prepared to do it.

All players not picked in ATD#8 and Atd#8-ML are draftable (no time period requirements)

Since this will be the equivalent of the ECHL or European leagues, players selected in the draft won't be expected to make up the entire roster. We will draft 12 guys, and the remaining member of the team will be assumed to be career minor league, non-alltime scrubs.

12 players to be picked: 6 forwards, 3 defensemen, 1 goalie and 2 free picks (goalie depth, role player, extra centers, coach, whatever).

NO DRAFT ORDER. At this stage that might be splitting hairs. Instead, ONE draft pick per team per day for 12 days. That way you can log on and do it at your convenience! :) The draft day starts at 9:00 a.m. (Eastern). So you can pick at the start of your day, and pick near the start of every round; or else pick in the evening, near the end of every round. Whenever. One pick per day. Miss a pick and indeed you can double up the next day, no problem.

After the draft we will open up voting to have a special award to the g.m. who is best at assembling the deepest pool of talent (The Lou Lamourello Trophy? what hockey mind is among the best at it?). We could also have an all-star team of best call-ups (all-time noteworthy three forwards, two defensemen and goalie from among all those in the draft).

If interested, sign up and choose a team name.

We have an even 10 and can take more but if you want to join now first consider co-g.m.ing with one of:

1. Transplanted Caper - Antigonish Bulldogs
2. cottonking - Valletta Maltese
3. papershoes & Johnny O - St. Catharines Falcons
4. chaosrevolver & NateTheGreat- Niagara Falls Americanadians
5. Agent Dale Cooper - Los Angeles Kings
6. pitseleh & The_Hockey_Guy18 - L.A. Blades
7. seventieslord - Regina Potholes
8. vancityluongo - Alfredshems IK
9. pappyline - Chicago Cougars
10. VanIslander - Greenville Grrrowl

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
GreenvilleGrrrowl.jpg

papershoes

Dec 28, 2007
Kenora, Ontario
sounds cool...i'm in

i'll pick the team i grew up watching in the golden horseshoe jr. b hockey league, the St. Catharines Falcons

FalconsLogoWeb.jpg

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I don't have the time for this, but I can send a few worthy names the first GM to PM me.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
quick question...
when does this draft start?
Well, we will be busy today and tomorrow VOTING the regular season standings and MVPs from each team of the MLD (I have received via PM the voting of three g.m.s so far, many more to go). And there is a MLD Review thread to participate in, and nearly every team is involved in first round of the playoff match-ups (12 teams, 6 series, only two byes).

It's important that we don't forget about the MLD playoffs. Ideally we'd do both at the same time!

So let's set the AAA draft start date as the day AFTER the end of the first round of the Atd-ML playoffs (which probably will be next weekend or a week Monday).

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
1 more, or 3 more...

would give us an even 8 or 10

(though we could run with 7, my fav number)

sign-up period will end midnight Friday

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Oh Brother.... where am I going to find more players? I'm going to have to scour the British League. Who's their second leading scorer after Tony Hand? :P

I'm in.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
raleh and I will be taking a pass on this one. We've both done the last four main and minor-league drafts. We want to make sure we dedicate proper time to winning the MLD. It doesn't help that my list of over 1,000 draft-worthy players is nearly exhausted. I also need to focus on my all-time top 100 (or 120 list), and my role with that project.

I'll be watching with a keen eye, but for the first time since ATD 4, it'll be from the sidelines.

Good luck to all.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
So who's going in as the Oilers? :naughty:

I'll sit this one out, although there's still a handful a nice players on my list.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00