The Arizona Coyotes left Shane Doan’s retirement banner in a dumpster in Gila River Arena

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Coyotes fans deserve a real team and a real owner. Hopefully that happens in expansion and the clearly-toxic Meruelo group stays FAR away.
What makes you think Arizona deserves another franchise ? It’s not even remotely close to being a hockey popular area and their attendance was always the lowest even before moving to the Mullett arena.

It’s Houston’s time to try a new team down south

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
What does Murelo care. He sunk a foundering franchise after buying it from the league for $425M. Only to clear close to half a billion in profit.

• Wow
Reactions: Dakota Sioux

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
What makes you think Arizona deserves another franchise ? It’s not even remotely close to being a hockey popular area and their attendance was always the lowest even before moving to the Mullett arena.

It’s Houston’s time to try a new team down south
Residents where the new arena was supposed to be built, such a Mike Wilbon (PTI) said on his show yesterday that they didn’t want the traffic 10 minutes from their house and all the bar / restaurant traffic. I couldn’t believe it when he said it, but it makes perfect sense why Arizona is one of the most failed professional sports organizations to ever exist. I feel sorry for the diehard fans, they deserve more.

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Was it a premonition, now that the Coyotes have been thrown in the dumpster?

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Residents where the new arena was supposed to be built, such a Mike Wilbon (PTI) said on his show yesterday that they didn’t want the traffic 10 minutes from their house and all the bar / restaurant traffic. I couldn’t believe it when he said it, but it makes perfect sense why Arizona is one of the most failed professional sports organizations to ever exist. I feel sorry for the diehard fans, they deserve more.
Because people are opposed to their neighborhood becoming saturated with traffic, noisey drunk fans and don't want their drive to/from their home to become more difficult? Well, as someone who lives 20 minutes from a major sports stadium and sometimes has to plan my drives around their events, neither would I to be honest. It can be a royal PITA.

Shane on you for such a horrible pun.
I'm sure he's Josh kidding around

JoeGarelli

Jun 24, 2013
losers dont work in phoenix.. yotes had only a couple good runs, and the playoff atmosphere was one of the best in the league..

it is a hockey market, just not a loser nhl market,but phx hosts the biggest youth hockey tournament in north america.. i think theres something like 15-20 sheets of ice that are filled from 6a-12a.. there is a large youth hockey presence in the valley, and there is a big adult hockey presence..

i guess i dont know what a hockey market is? is south florida a hockey market? or just only now because they have a great owner and great team..i thought i read they have a waiting list for season tickets now.. for the longest time the panthers were giving tickets away just like the yotes did..

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
More attention deserved for how classy a move it was by the guy to give it to Doan and say "In '07 you signed this jersey and made me feel like the most important person in the world, giving this to you is nothing"

Stand up play by that guy and knowing the person Shane Doan is this isn't the end of the exchange.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
What does Murelo care. He sunk a foundering franchise after buying it from the league for $425M. Only to clear close to half a billion in profit.
That's the gift. The Ottawa senators according to Eugene lost tons of money. No profit. Yet somehow was sold for a billion dollars. Joseph Spano jr...... look him up if you don't know the story. That's how Bush league the nhl is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad