The Angry Video Game Nerd

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
This guy is ****ing HILARIOUS.

If you have never watched one of his videos then be prepared to agree, laugh your ass off, and be suckered into his 100's of videos.

Pretty much he plays all the games of the past, the ****** games, but many games that we all had as kids. He points out how ****** they really are, that back at our age we never realized.

Watch a few games that you've had....you will laugh your ass off. Then watch a few you never had...you will still laugh your ass off.

http://www.cinemassacre.com/new/?page_id=13

The Videos from 2006 and 2007 are usually the more known games as he did those first..but the 2009 ones are just as great.

Friday the 13th is a good video to start off with if you had this piece of crap game:
http://www.cinemassacre.com/new/?p=3861

BeBen*

Silver Surfer
Dick Tracy
Top Gun
NES Accessories
Bible Games (1&2)

Really all his videos are my favorites and ive followed him since 2007 i really love his videos

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
This guy is ****ing HILARIOUS.

If you have never watched one of his videos then be prepared to agree, laugh your ass off, and be suckered into his 100's of videos.

Pretty much he plays all the games of the past, the ****** games, but many games that we all had as kids. He points out how ****** they really are, that back at our age we never realized.

Watch a few games that you've had....you will laugh your ass off. Then watch a few you never had...you will still laugh your ass off.

http://www.cinemassacre.com/new/?page_id=13

The Videos from 2006 and 2007 are usually the more known games as he did those first..but the 2009 ones are just as great.

Friday the 13th is a good video to start off with if you had this piece of crap game:
http://www.cinemassacre.com/new/?p=3861

Where do you think my avatar came from? :)

end

Mar 18, 2007
Arklay Mansion
AVGN is awesome. It's like the MST3K of video gaming.

AVGN is more review focused than an MST3K. If you dig on that, check out the Quick Looks on Giant Bomb. They play a game for about a half hour, and some of them end up being hilarious (Rogue Warrior and Super Mario Bros Wii come to mind).

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
He's funny but when he drinks some of his beer he acts like its tequila.... dont think this boy gets out much at all

Part of the character that he is playing. he even has it in some FAQ on his website why he drinks....something along the lines of "these games suck so bad they've driven me to drink just to get through reviewing them."

The batman and castlevania ones he did were probably the best skit/reveiw he's ever done.

Check out thatguywiththeglasses.com for Nostalgia Critic (The two have a "feud" between eachother) and watch his stuff. He does ****** movies from the 90's and crap. Absolutely hilarious.

TeamlessWatcher

Mar 13, 2008
I still watch him but his videos have gone downhill IMO. Still funny, just not as funny as his early stuff.

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
He's funny but when he drinks some of his beer he acts like its tequila.... dont think this boy gets out much at all
His act is completely different than who he is. When you look at his outtakes, he's was different from on camera. Pretty hilarious to see actually.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I was skeptical, since people often try too hard with these sorts of things, but those really are hilarious. Also, and it's important, is that the production quality is pretty high.

I couldn't stop laughing at the Bible Games one, since my parents bought that Bible Adventures game for my sister, and my brother and I played it just because we had it (because, when you have only so many games, you play them all). He's spot-on in his review and I remember being frustrated at all of the things that he lampooned... the slippery controls, Moses having super-human speed, picking up large animals (not to mention more than one at a time), spending an eternity trying to pick up the snakes until realizing that they weren't the snakes needed for the quest, and so on.

The Nintendo Power one is one that just about everyone should watch, since it doesn't require having any particular game and most Nintendo players have looked at the magazine at least once.

The Metal Gear one is another one that I enjoyed. I remember all of the stupidities that he pointed out. The video brought back all of the things that frustrated me so much 20 years ago. That game was so messed up, it's amazing that I have fond memories of it and that it started a franchise.

If there's any downside, it's that most of the reviews are of games that the majority of gamers haven't played, since they were so bad. Obviously, that's the point, but it still means that only a small fraction will have meaning to most viewers, and the reviews really are so much more hilarious when you remember playing the game.

Benny Lava

Battletoads is probably my favorite. That pause screen music!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad