The All-Purpose Sven Baertschi Thread/ Sven Hype Train Re-launch

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
I just had an interesting idea - what if we traded Backlund and Cammalleri for a top-tier centre that Baertschi can play alongside and who will help him learn the sort of offensive game he should have?

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Well, I don't mean John Tavares. Maybe someone on the level of Kopitar, Spezza, or Stastny, and maybe we can throw in a few picks to ensure we can get them.

Stastny is the closest to making sense and the Ave's have a lot of Centreman so they could afford to move Stastny...

I still don't think Cammy and Backlund are a fit in Colorado, but Spezza or Kopitar would be impossible to aquire and value wise would cost us

Monahan
Gaudreau
Wotherspoon
Gillies

a package like that

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Baertschi will figure out his offense sooner than later. You saw it the past few games. It'll come within time!

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
LOL this isn't NHL 14.

People are talking about these trades like they're metaphysically impossible. Considering the returns we got for Iginla and Bouwmeester, I don't think it's impossible to do something like Cammy + Backlund + Knight + 2014 2nd for someone like the players I mentioned, especially with Burke at the wheel.

Goodlad

Jan 15, 2013
People are talking about these trades like they're metaphysically impossible. Considering the returns we got for Iginla and Bouwmeester, I don't think it's impossible to do something like Cammy + Backlund + Knight + 2014 2nd for someone like the players I mentioned, especially with Burke at the wheel.

A 31 yr old UFA, a 24 yr old with a 25 pt career high, a 23 yr old former 5th rounder who is yet to play an NHL game, and a 2nd round pick. I'm sorry, but I don't see how you expected people to take a package like that seriously.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary

:laugh:

Definitely won't happen for a prime 1st tier centre.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013

Go make a trade proposal thread then. "Third line center+Rental+Third line C prospect + 2nd for your #1 Center!"

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Iginla was a rental
JayB is not a star player

Why would somebody want to trade their star/best player for a rental and a package of suspects?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
So you're saying the jury's still out on Hartley being a ****ing clown? :sarcasm:

I'm saying there is a chance. :sarcasm:

I missed last game but I would be shocked if Sven wasn't playing tonight I thought his last few games have been his best games as a Flame. Sure he has made mistakes in those games but he looks like he cares, he is physical, shooting the puck, going to the net, and was decent defensively. The only reason to sit Sven is if he has a nagging injury.

JulianHopper*

I know I've been critical of Sven's play at times but you have to feel for the guy. At this point I wonder if Sven Baertschi shouldn't ask for a trade to another team.

He's one of the Flames best players and younger prospects.

Again, I go back to Jay Feaster being a bad GM. It wouldn't surprise me to see him and Hartley being canned after this road trip or shortly after. This team is in shambles right now.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I know I've been critical of Sven's play at times but you have to feel for the guy. At this point I wonder if Sven Baertschi shouldn't ask for a trade to another team.

Again, I go back to Jay Feaster being a bad GM. It wouldn't surprise me to see him and Hartley being canned after this road trip or shortly after. This team is in shambles right now.

Not really. He is a solid player but is probably the worst winger in the top 9. How does Sven's ice time reflect on Feaster its the coaches job to coach not the GM's.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

You are seriously either overestimating what the expectations were for this season, and in particular for this road trip, or over-reacting to our play of late.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad