OT: The all encompassing HFSabres music thread with no rules (as long as it’s music posted)

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
We all like music and we find interesting things to listen enough to want to share it. You can do it here so you don’t bog up other threads. Post new music, discovered music, re-discovered music et. in this thread. All genres are allowed. The only rule is that you have to discuss the music in some way. I’ll start it out with a couple of songs I’ve found interesting.

(it’s technically a Christmas song but it needs to be known everywhere)

Attachments

• 1684128779135.jpeg
    1684128779135.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Abraham de Lacy

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
one more for the PG fans... the lyrics in this one give an old guy like me pause.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I LOVE Peter Gabriel. If you could wear out CD's, I'd have worn out both So and the soundtrack he did for The Last Temptation of Christ. Love Dirt as well. But to me this is the best thing he ever did. I have a weird obsession about this song.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Filter was a sneaking solid band! "Take A Picture" and "Hey Man, Nice Shot" are songs I completely forget about, listen to them years later and forget how great of a songs they are.

This entire Title of Record album is great - it gets a regular rotation. Short Bus and The Amalgamut are good too.

I forgot about this song for Peter Gabriel - Deep Forest uses his voice as an instrument basically. Love this one too...

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
I remember my mom driving me to baseball practice when this banger popped on the radio for the first time in the backseat. My head was bopping immediately and have loved the song ever since. No matter what mood I am in if that song comes on, I am instantly happy. Love that the Panthers had for there goal song for a while.

Also, Hybrid Theory is hands down one of the best albums of my childhood! I remember I wanted the intro of Papercut to be my "walk up" song in little league lol

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
This entire Title of Record album is great - it gets a regular rotation. Short Bus and The Amalgamut are good too.

I forgot about this song for Peter Gabriel - Deep Forest uses his voice as an instrument basically. Love this one too...

I'll have to give them a listen! I remember hearing Filter for the first time watching Little Nicky lol. Sandler always had good music in his movies

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I LOVE Peter Gabriel. If you could wear out CD's, I'd have worn out both So and the soundtrack he did for The Last Temptation of Christ. Love Dirt as well. But to me this is the best thing he ever did. I have a weird obsession about this song.

You have magnificent taste. :)
One of the best songs Genesis ever did (along with the whole Lamb concept); the Carpet Crawlers 1999 version would have been fantastic if they would have let Peter and Phil do all three verses instead of the first two only. Ray Wilson does an excellent version as well. In fact, having Peter, Phil and Ray do Carpet Crawlers 1999 would have been a great tribute to all of them. The Seconds Out version with Phil doing lead is otherworldly as well.
I’ve seen Steve Hackett’s band do it; I’m still not a huge fan of Nad Sylvan… sometimes he’s really good on some specific pieces…but since Steve is the only one doing the old stuff, I can’t complain too much.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
You have magnificent taste. :)
One of the best songs Genesis ever did (along with the whole Lamb concept); the Carpet Crawlers 1999 version would have been fantastic if they would have let Peter and Phil do all three verses instead of the first two only. Ray Wilson does an excellent version as well. In fact, having Peter, Phil and Ray do Carpet Crawlers 1999 would have been a great tribute to all of them. The Seconds Out version with Phil doing lead is otherworldly as well.
I’ve seen Steve Hackett’s band do it; I’m still not a huge fan of Nad Sylvan… sometimes he’s really good on some specific pieces…but since Steve is the only one doing the old stuff, I can’t complain too much.

I debated including the 1999 version as well. It does need that missing verse though.

I have this theory that Phil Collins is the Babe Ruth of rock. Hear me out. If the rest of Genesis hadn't forced him to take over as lead singer instead of just being the drummer, then he would still be known as a fantastic drummer (and very good background vocalist), but he wouldn't have become the mega-artist he was in the 80s and 90s. It's like Babe Ruth, who probably would have made the Hall of Fame as a great pitcher if they hadn't been basically forced to play him at outfield so he could bat every game, which made him one of the best all-time hitters in baseball history.

Reactions: brian_griffin

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I debated including the 1999 version as well. It does need that missing verse though.

I have this theory that Phil Collins is the Babe Ruth of rock. Hear me out. If the rest of Genesis hadn't forced him to take over as lead singer instead of just being the drummer, then he would still be known as a fantastic drummer (and very good background vocalist), but he wouldn't have become the mega-artist he was in the 80s and 90s. It's like Babe Ruth, who probably would have made the Hall of Fame as a great pitcher if they hadn't been basically forced to play him at outfield so he could bat every game, which made him one of the best all-time hitters in baseball history.
Yup. That’s a good comparison.
If you listen to enough early Genesis, you hear Phil back vocals on a lot of Peter’s lead singing. Then you have “More Fool Me” with Phil singing lead. They interviewed a bunch of singers to take Gabriel’s place, but Phil took it and ran with it. Too bad that he is in poor health these days.

Reactions: Dingo44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad