Post-Game Talk: The All Encompassing Dan Carcillo Hate Thread. Jets win 4-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
Awesome response after the terrible performance (other than Pavs) vs the Stars. Go Jets!

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
The 'odds' (since we are making them up) suggest that Burmistrov will be a Jet next year.

No KHL contract. Russia in shambles. Player has expressed on several occasions he wants to be in the NHL. Maurice having talked with the player and having a bond with Russian hockey. Jets having players rights for several more years.

Burmistrov has little value in the NHL right now. The smart thing for the Jets to do is sign him, play him and, if he doesn't fit, trade him when his value rises.

That's what MY odds say.

Aaaaaaannnyways... I don't hate the Hawks. I just can't. I love the makeup of their team. I will always respect them for what they did to the CaSucks. Players like JT, Hossa (isn't he still amazing), Seabrook, Pizza man, Kjallmarsson (sp). I don't like them, but I respect them.

Also, isn't it funny how many people (around here and elsewhere) are suddenly Jets fans? :laugh: Been noticing it more and more.

That's a great indicator of success: when the fairweathers arrive :yo:

Next off-season will be a "buyer's" market for Russian players. The KHL is on the brink of bankruptcy, as are many member teams - there's been enormous upheaval in the Russian economy from sanctions and plummeting oil prices causing a lot of downward pressure on the ruble. The contract Burmistrov signed is now worth less than a quarter of what it was when he signed it.

My guess is that Burmistrov and many other players will abandon the K for the lucre and luster of the NHL where they'll be paid in stable Yankee dollars. I won't be surprised at all to see Burmistrov back in the Jets' fold next season.

I would heartily welcome his return.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
All this talk of Burmistrov returning, any chance we get Stapleton back too? :P

Tim would be back in a heart beat but he doesn't really fit in with the new plan. On a side note He and his significant other are expecting their first baby soon.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
glad to see bogo displaying what he's capable of. he's been nearly perfect, and even his miscues are pretty minor and covered up by his partner (as it should be).

was a little worried after that first goal, which i'd consider weak, but hutch bounced back well.

i don't care whether kane produces much anymore - it's clear what his impact to the team is.

fourth line was bearable. that's as much as can be expected i guess.

I really am starting to hope we just run with 3 equal D pairings when Trouba is back.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The best news would've been that he wouldn't miss any games at all but considering how it looked I suppose it's good news....now how many games will Carcillo miss is the question

My prediction... Perreault will miss the Coyotes game, and then once Carcillo's discipline has been decided we'll find out that the injury isn't quite so serious and he'll be back sooner than we'd feared.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Late to the party, but I really like Bogo's game since his return. He is playing smarter than I have ever seen him play before.
Jets are fun to watch. The pre-season pessimists may be back on the band wagon now.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
Good that Perreault is ok for the most part and won't miss significant time, but it's absolutely hilarious that Carcillo thinks what he did was a hockey play and is seemingly implying that Matty hit his stick with his arm and not the other way around "I drifted down and he drifted in to me". Please.:shakehead

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Good that Perreault is ok for the most part and won't miss significant time, but it's absolutely hilarious that Carcillo thinks what he did was a hockey play and is seemingly implying that Matty hit his stick with his arm and not the other way around "I drifted down and he drifted in to me". Please.:shakehead

Is that what he said :laugh: He must still be missing some brain cells after Harry pounded him.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
There's no way in /Hades that the previous three year's versions of this team would've found a way to win the last two games - they'd have folded and Noel would have been complaining about nobody buying in.

Or Noel would have admitted he had no answers. Thanks...er...what did you say your title was? Coach?

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
Is that what he said :laugh: He must still be missing some brain cells after Harry pounded him.

Yup.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/blackha...cillo-calls-perreault-cross-check-hockey-play

“To be honest, I wasn’t thinking about anything,†Carcillo said Saturday. “I was on the ice for over a minute, I was pretty tired. Just kind of drifted down, he drifted into me.â€

“Just kind of a hockey play at the end of a shift,†Carcillo said. “I must have just caught him between some padding. I’ve gotten hit there, too. It hurts. … Hopefully, he’s OK. I don’t know what’s going to happen.â€

Ridiculous.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
As his shift was so long, in need of oxygen, he wanted to cross-check the air in front of him to have a fresh air-circulation while Perreault drifted into his motion.

Case closed.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I'm still mad about yesterday's cheap shot... Man I'm way to invested in this team lol

Part of it is that Mahchoooo Perrault is such a nice, soft-spoken guy and a class act. If it happened to a player who occasionally got salty and took borderline shots of his own, that'd be one thing.

Last edited:

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
This is a perfect place to bring up my favourite family story.

Hockey runs deep in my dad's side of the family, and from a French Canadian family that meant cheering the Habs. My eldest cousin was often babysat by my grandparents and according to him, the first English words he learned were "pass the puck Cournoyer you lazy son of a *****".

Of course, cheering the Habs also means that the Leafs (in the immortal words of my English teacher) "Suck, have sucked, will suck". Like an inverse Bret Hart.

Anyways. My mom is meeting my dad's side of the family for the first time.

She walks in the door behind my Dad, and her first introduction to the family? My Memére screaming at the TV:

"**** you Mahovalich, I hope you get syphillis and die!"

This close, she insists, to simply turning around and walking back out the door.

So yes, every time Winnipeg (or Montréal, for that matter) beats the snot out of Toronto, it lights a month's worth of smiles, even if it did almost mean I had never been born at all. Almost, mind you -- I'm not THAT lucky.

I love this story

:handclap:

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011
Our immediately family moved to Calgary during 1980, and I spent many years there before returning home in 2006. And while my mom and dad and sister took to cheering for their new home team, I never did. So, the rules were simple: When Winnipeg and Calgary played, you can go upstairs and watch the game in our room if you're going to cheer for Winnipeg. That's fine. Watching them play alone on some little 12" TV, while everyone else watched it on the proper sized TV downstairs wasn't worth my loyalty.

Nothing beat walking downstairs as Jets 1.0 were on the verge of a victory and trolling everyone else by stepping down to the top of the stairs and hearing "Jesus Charles you better not say a ******* word!". And I wouldn't have to. I'd just sit at the top of the steps and smile. Oh man.

I will say this about them though, they still remain loyal to the Flames. At the wake on the day after my Dad's funeral, about 1/3rd of the people were wearing hockey jerseys. As was I -- my Jets jersey, of course. One last time to troll the old man.

:handclap: I love these kinds of stories...especially trolling the old man one last time - bet he was grinning ;). Thanks for sharing

seasontixholder*

And the media and the Jets want us fans to have a rivalry with Minnesota? Not with me. I hate Chicago!

Guilty Party

Healthy Scratch 4lyfe
Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay
Missed out on a whole week of jets games. Just catching up on the week that was.
Hope Perreault gets one of the 3 NHL stars of the week just to add more of an ire to that POS carcillo and his ass hat ******baggery.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
It is the all encompassing DC thread

@NHLPlayerSafety: Chicago's Daniel Carcillo has been offered an in-person hearing for a cross check on Winnipeg's Mathieu Perreault. Date and time TBD.

Could be more than 5 games. Maybe that's what the delay was. Phone or in person hearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad