The 4th line ...Identity and who?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Obviously the contracts to Bourma Wingels and Jurco (all having to clear waivers to retain them even in Rockford ,could play a part in tge decision for 1 or 2 4th line wing spots and for 1 or 2 extra forward spots..But still the uses of Hayden and Hinostrozza (Hartman ...not Hayden)will obviously play on Q's mind. ..as for 4C...Probably Kero ...but still Kampf to consider......Dauphin has not played at C yet for Q...Maybe they give hom next game to see .

So looking at the logjam ...Q said he wants the 4th line to play with speed to fit the Hawks style...to me that indicates maybe he thinks Hino should bring that element ...We all agree they need the size of Hayden on the team..so that leaves Kampf vs. Kero for 4C with 1 of them possibly the 13th F ..if they carry only 7D,then 14th F is probably Wingels.
So Dauphin to Rockford..Bourma on waivers...Jurco on waivers ...

But if business decisions prevail over Q's preferred style for 4th line...then Jurco remains and Hino sent down because he does not need to go through waivers or they keep Jurco and send down Kampf .

Will they go 7D and 14 F or keep 8D and 13 F?

Locks on D: Keith Murphy Seabs Kempny and (has to be irvthey are crazy)RUTTA...leaving 2 or 3 decisions for keeping from Forsling Pokka Oesterlie Franson and Svedberg.

Svedberg does not fit the Hawks style ...try to trade him.Sone team will want that size and his style for their D-corps if they need a 6-7 guy on the back-end.

Pokka did look improved..But While Q liked him last night,remember how Q raved about Oesterlie..So more pre-season showcase for both of them is in order to determine which one could stay.
Forsling or Franson...or both if they go 8D...but they still can send Forsling down without having to go through waivers..

So we still have a lit of Bubble Guys for 4th line spots and extra forward or forwards ...and for the 6-7 or maybe 8th D spot.

I expect all the bubble guys play next game for another look.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Sorry for starting the 4th line thread..Probably should be moved to potential line thread which covers all line combos..and should also cover tge dcombos and depth issues.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I think it deserves its own thread. Q has gone against the flow in the past when it comes to the bottom 6. Perhaps now it is time to go with speed and more speed on the 4th line.

E.G. Any combo of Hino/Hayden/Fortin/Kampf would be interesting and would give ops a few nightmares.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
For now, I think Jurco-Kero-Hartman is the best bet, at least until Dauphin shows he can handle the role (hopefully quickly because I'm not convinced Kero can).

Fortin isn't ready, Hino isn't great and while Hayden has shown flashes in the Ozone, he's been kept there almost exclusively in his short time with the Blackhawks, and nothing in his NCAA career suggests he's down for dungeon zone deployment.

I'd feel more comfortable with Hartman taking on top 6 competition from deep in the dungeon than Hayden.

That said, all this is moot, as one or more of Bouma, Wingels and Tootoo will almost assuredly be on the 4th line.

The character of the line doesn't matter as much as the results. Whether it's a feisty forchecking line like the Desi-Kruger-Shaw line, or a methodical cycle possession line like Hartman-Kruger-Hossa, or a pure human-shield operation like Frolik-Bolland-Kruger. Just as long as the shots against are neutralized and the ice is flipped. Get there however you like.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Just heard that Fortin was sent down.
Not surprised. He has the tools but it's pretty clear he needs some time in Rockford.

I expect him up by January.

Unless we run into some serious injury trouble or he turns a corner in his devlopment and tears it up in Rockford, I would highly doubt Fortin spends any significant time with the Hawks this year. Too many guys ahead of him right now.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
For now, I think Jurco-Kero-Hartman is the best bet, at least until Dauphin shows he can handle the role (hopefully quickly because I'm not convinced Kero can).

Fortin isn't ready, Hino isn't great and while Hayden has shown flashes in the Ozone, he's been kept there almost exclusively in his short time with the Blackhawks, and nothing in his NCAA career suggests he's down for dungeon zone deployment.

I'd feel more comfortable with Hartman taking on top 6 competition from deep in the dungeon than Hayden.

That said, all this is moot, as one or more of Bouma, Wingels and Tootoo will almost assuredly be on the 4th line.

The character of the line doesn't matter as much as the results. Whether it's a feisty forchecking line like the Desi-Kruger-Shaw line, or a methodical cycle possession line like Hartman-Kruger-Hossa, or a pure human-shield operation like Frolik-Bolland-Kruger. Just as long as the shots against are neutralized and the ice is flipped. Get there however you like.

I can't imagine burying Hartman o the 4th line. He brings too much offense for that spot. 19 goals as a rookie.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I can't imagine burying Hartman o the 4th line. He brings too much offense for that spot. 19 goals as a rookie.

i agree wholeheartedly, what i would like, some posters, esp those who likes to write up lineup, to do another and where hartman lines up.

those visual aids really helps.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
This team is thin and is missing an entire line that currently should have been occupied by Danault TT and Panarin if Stan played his cards right and didn't overpay practically everyone along with NMCs...

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
i agree wholeheartedly, what i would like, some posters, esp those who likes to write up lineup, to do another and where hartman lines up.

those visual aids really helps.

Saad-Toews-Panik
Debrincat-Schmaltz-Kane
Sharp-Anisimov-Hartman
Jurco-Kero-Hayden

That's my guess to start the season.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
A combo of Kampf, Kero, Hayden, LD, Jurco, Hino, and Wingle will make a solid (FAST) 4th line.

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Saad-Toews-Panik
Debrincat-Schmaltz-Kane
Sharp-Anisimov-Hartman
Jurco-Kero-Hayden

That's my guess to start the season.

many thanks, i think this team is solid thru the whole lineup. that is if d-cat continues to perform well to earn a spot.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
A combo of Kampf, Kero, Hayden, LD, Jurco, and Wingle will make a solid (FAST) 4th line.

i am still thinking that d-cat may not make the team on the onset of the season, so hartman moves up to line 2, jurco moves to line 3 and ld starts.

but this is me overthinking.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
with the 2 wins this past weekend, and esp moving D-cat to the top line, i am feeling comfortable with how the top 2 lines on offense is looking.

now it is my way of thinking or does anyone think that Sharp should be drop to line #4 ?? i am in the thinking that the Bhawks should starting bringing up and playing the other young players .

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
with the 2 wins this past weekend, and esp moving D-cat to the top line, i am feeling comfortable with how the top 2 lines on offense is looking.

now it is my way of thinking or does anyone think that Sharp should be drop to line #4 ?? i am in the thinking that the Bhawks should starting bringing up and playing the other young players .

I'm not. The catalyst in the past couple of games has still been the depth/youth. From a future standpoint, I'm all for it. Forsling/Rutta/El Gato, etc. leading the charge is going to pay dividends in the future, but right now I'd like to see the top 2 lines do something without Wingels having to get the ball rolling.

But then again beggars can't be choosers...we don't have the luxury of being able to say who dents the twine as long as someone does it.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I'm not. The catalyst in the past couple of games has still been the depth/youth. From a future standpoint, I'm all for it. Forsling/Rutta/El Gato, etc. leading the charge is going to pay dividends in the future, but right now I'd like to see the top 2 lines do something without Wingels having to get the ball rolling.

But then again beggars can't be choosers...we don't have the luxury of being able to say who dents the twine as long as someone does it.
exactly at this present time, i am for the victories, i am also all in in letting the younger players get their experience. this is the team that the FO has assembled, does it have problems, yes, it is far from what the teams of the SC era.

the recent victories to a stage to grow from. were those victories one sided victories or were they a struggle to win ?? i will let everyone else decide that question. at this present time, i am happy for the victories and hope that the team can continue to get better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad