NCAA: The 2024 College Football Playoff: The Only Bowls That Matter

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Congrats to you Herby, one of the bluest guys around.

Thanks Bud,

It's been mostly pretty tough since Lloyd Carr retired 16 years ago

Rich Rodriguez
Brady Hoke
Trouble with the snap
The questionable spot in Columbus
62-39
2020 Covid season
The TCU debacle last year

All can kind of be forgotten or atleast looked at differently because of what these kids and coaches did this season.

And shame on me for not giving Harbaugh the benefit of the doubt, I thought it was a lost cause after 2020, but I ate a lot of crow, he is one of the all-time great football coaches and maybe more importantly for college atleast, an all-time great culture builder. I hope he stays, but if it's his dream to win a Super Bowl I hope he goes and does that. He is the savior of Michigan football, our program was in the toilet and he brought us to levels we haven't been at since leather helmet days. His legacy is firmly cemented, I can't wait until his statue is out front of the Big House.

Reactions: John Price

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Thanks Bud,

It's been mostly pretty tough since Lloyd Carr retired 16 years ago

Rich Rodriguez
Brady Hoke
Trouble with the snap
The questionable spot in Columbus
62-39
2020 Covid season
The TCU debacle last year

All can kind of be forgotten or atleast looked at differently because of what these kids and coaches did this season.

And shame on me for not giving Harbaugh the benefit of the doubt, I thought it was a lost cause after 2020, but I ate a lot of crow, he is one of the all-time great football coaches and maybe more importantly for college atleast, an all-time great culture builder. I hope he stays, but if it's his dream to win a Super Bowl I hope he goes and does that. He is the savior of Michigan football, our program was in the toilet and he brought us to levels we haven't been at since leather helmet days. His legacy is firmly cemented, I can't wait until his statue is out front of the Big House.
I was a skeptic, more than that really, once this whole courtship began. Even after he came back there, however many times the NFL were looking at him, and could've left if he wanted to, all the while building back up the whole Michigan aura. The silver lining, if it even still is that, of his suspensions, is that it looks like he's not just leaving the program at the top, but the infrastructure is in place to run with the ball here if they're able to recruit to replace some of this older talent and work the transfer portal.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Tough game to watch last night, seeing Penix and the offense struggle despite the defense doing it's job from the 2nd-mid 4th quarter. ACC refs didn't help us one bit either. But proud of this Husky team. After our 4-8 2021 season, to think we'd be here after 2 seasons would be beyond anyone's wildest dreams. Won the final PAC 12 championship this season and beat Oregon twice. What a UW career for Penix and best of luck to him in the NFL. Based on DeBoer's track record I know we can sustain being a great program.

Congrats to Team #144

Just an extremely special group of kids. Not the highest recruited, not the most "talented", but the biggest hearts and the most coachable group of players I can ever remember in any sport. These kids legit loved each other, might sound cliche but it's true, everyone had a role, they rotated a lot of players, nobody sulked, everyone supported everybody else. That has not always been the case with past teams here. There is more to a team than recruiting star rankings.

They went through a gauntlet post-Stallions when they were supposed to be exposed. Wins over #10, #2, #15, #4 and #2 teams, only one of them in Ann Arbor. Bitter and angry people who thought they were going to be exposed were proven to be wrong, but are still bitter and angry, just sad.
Congrats on your national title. You were the better team last night and simply out executed us. After making the CFP 3 straight seasons it was only a matter of time until you won it all.

Reactions: DaveG and Herby

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I'll need to be clued in as I haven't posted here frequently.

IMG_8202.gif

• Haha
Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad