GDT: The 2023 NHL Trade Deadline Thread | March 3rd | 3:00 pm ET

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Jordan Greenway apparently available. 2037 1st + Myers.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
if the leafs manage to choke it against this team it’s gonna be pretty damn impressive.

I don’t think hedman is so old that he should be falling off a cliff so a long offseason will hopefully get him back to a decent level

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
TvR would have been a top quality add. We'll see what comes our way, but I expect a move after yesterday's clusterf***

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Its kinda sad, but these guys look shot.

Teams are starting to look like they are the ones playing a system against us while we're chasing the game. It was the opposite when we were playing well. We always played with structure and made other teams scramble.

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
Its kinda sad, but these guys look shot.

Teams are starting to look like they are the ones playing a system against us while we're chasing the game. It was the opposite when we were playing well. We always played with structure and made other teams scramble.

This does seem true lately but I think they can still find the switch. They've been up and down before and in previous years and were able to get things corrected or the switch flipped when the time came.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I'd 100% dump Killorn today if there was a significant move to be had that was contingent on cap space.

Reactions: JFleegs

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I'd 100% dump Killorn today if there was a significant move to be had that was contingent on cap space.
What is the option of replacement ? The guy is a warrior, he is critical to the room as well. I mean he had a rod placed I. His broken leg and wanted to go back on the ice. Name one other player on this team that has the nads to try that. We got guys that will miss two weeks for a hangnail. Look to last night LeTang takes a puck to the mush returns missing only a couple shifts.

There’s no way to deny the softness of some of the guys on the roster and it is crucial you have guys like Killorn setting this example. Not to mention if you get him away from Cirelli his scoring is on par with 2nd line players.

One can also point to the woes if our blue line effecting Killorns play as well or for that matter the entire forward group right now is off balance because the defensemen are on the struggle bus. While this may well not be the dominate team if the last few years there is still enough talent if put together right can cause damage.

Also for those blaming the team is tired and played too much the only indication of that may well be Heddy, the rest of the core is still ripping along look at Points goals look at Kuches numbers Stammer even as he’s aging is still putting up string numbers. You have Hagel,
Paul, Perbix, Bogo, who have not been they the last 4 years on the team. Now Vasy seems fragile and could use s throttle vack for a while . Cirelli had half a year off for surgery and recovery. There are plenty of guys that can still bring energy to fuel the core.

The problem is defense and goaltending and if no one saw this coming as we subtracted D to resign the three RFA’s to a bridge the turn right around s year later to give them a even bigger raise ……. This has the team in a spot Sergi needs to step up consistently to replace Mac or Heddy. Cernak is injured all the time if he’s not on the IR he’s dinged up or recovering from time off.

I’m not sure there is a answer until the off-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad