Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Were they also called EverettMike?

IMG_0597.jpeg

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Post of the year there's a lot of candidates but Don the God Father has too many to choose from, so Ill just go with all of his. But why not a "Poster of the Year" ?? Although there's many great posters Three automatically stick out for me. Dom (@DominicT),@Ladyfan and @missingchicklet. Dom is a walking encyclopedia, Ladyfan is as Loyal as a Bruin fan as they come and does it with class. Missing Chicklet is as Knowledgeable as anyone, keeps an even keel/level head and all with getting his point across.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Trick question. 1968 was James Brown Live at the Apollo and that was the best band going.
The Boston Tea Party Night Club had Pink Floyd in summer 1968 & Velvet Underground I think same / Lou Reed John Cale - Andy Warhol ?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
The Boston Tea Party Night Club had Pink Floyd in summer 1968 & Velvet Underground I think same / Lou Reed John Cale - Andy Warhol ?
My mom was singing with Daryl Hall and John Oates at Temple in Philadelphia around that time. My uncle was jamming with a young Stevie Winwood and smoking grass with Ian Anderson. I inherited less than zero musical talent.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
My mom was singing with Daryl Hall and John Oates at Temple in Philadelphia around that time. My uncle was jamming with a young Stevie Winwood and smoking grass with Ian Anderson. I inherited less than zero musical talent.
That’s wild - huge Traffic fan. Mr Fantasy was one of my first 8 tracks - and Jethro Tull….what kid didn’t have Aqualung and Thick as a Brick

I was about 10 when Aqualung came out and I wore that album out

Music then was so superior to today

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
That’s wild - huge Traffic fan. Mr Fantasy was one of my first 8 tracks - and Jethro Tull….what kid didn’t have Aqualung and Thick as a Brick

Me too. Though I was senior in high school. Had never heard anything like it before.

At 10 I was listening to Puff the Magic Dragon and Tom Dooley.

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site

I tell you one thing that really drives me nuts, is people who think that Jethro Tull is just a person in a band.

Was thinking about bands I'd seen in the 70's . . . Queen, Tull, Yes, BMW, too many others to name, etc and yeah saw the Dead 200+ times over the 70's-90's, but their different.

Tull was/is simply an amazing band to see live. Period.

As for this Award's show theme, the Don Cherry <snicker> invites to coffee threads from late 90's early aughts were spit coffee out laughing.

Reactions: DKH

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I tell you one thing that really drives me nuts, is people who think that Jethro Tull is just a person in a band.

Was thinking about bands I'd seen in the 70's . . . Queen, Tull, Yes, BMW, too many others to name, etc and yeah saw the Dead 200+ times over the 70's-90's, but their different.

As for this Award's show theme, the Don Cherry <snicker> invites to coffee threads from late 90's early aughts were spit coffee out laughing.
"Do you like Led Zeppelin?"
"Yeah, I have all his albums." :rolleyes:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
"Do you like Led Zeppelin?"
"Yeah, I have all his albums." :rolleyes:
"Well, I've always had a deep respect
And I mean that most sincerely
The band is just fantastic
That is really what I think
Oh by the way, which one's Pink?"

From Have a Cigar

Uriah Heep.

He was good too.

• Haha
Reactions: bwunderlich and BTO

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

OK, I'm a massive music head. I feel like I'm having a brain freeze.

Help me out. BMW?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad