Prospect Info: The 2023-2024 Prospects Thread Pt. 3

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Linus Karlsson has quietly had a bit of a breakthrough year in the AHL. He's officially a PPG player, having finished with 23 goals and 60 points in 60 games. If not for callups to the Canucks and a couple of injuries, he might have been a threat for 30 goals.

So what is his future? NHL bottom-six winger; or back to Europe.? Not sure he has much more to prove at the AHL-level.
His skating is still horrible no?

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i think a lot of fans don't realize just how slow the ahl game is compared to the nhl game. you can't really just look at point production. the ahl scoring leaderboards are full of guys who will never have more than a cursory nhl career because they don't skate well enough or they don't think the game fast enough to move up. i'd almost say ranking in the ahl scoring race is negatively correlated with nhl success because if you are fast enough/think fast enough for the nhl AND you put up points in the ahl you won't be in the ahl long at all

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
It’s not horrible but plodding. He has no dynamism to his game. If he was even a little bit physical he might be viable as a 4th liner. Otherwise there’s no role for him in the NHL.
I don’t know if I’d say he’s not dynamic, but plodding is apt. I think he has some dynamic qualities such as hands in tight, shot, and eye-hand coordination. Unless you meant specifically for skating, then yes.

Reactions: sting101

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
i think a lot of fans don't realize just how slow the ahl game is compared to the nhl game. you can't really just look at point production. the ahl scoring leaderboards are full of guys who will never have more than a cursory nhl career because they don't skate well enough or they don't think the game fast enough to move up. i'd almost say ranking in the ahl scoring race is negatively correlated with nhl success because if you are fast enough/think fast enough for the nhl AND you put up points in the ahl you won't be in the ahl long at all
I think the thing to look for with respect to prospects and AHL is how fast they can learn and adapt.
If a prospect have a couple of standout traits and can adapt to the A in a relatively short period of time, then they might be able to translate that to the NHL.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I think most fans that actually watch and post here do

Reactions: wetcoast

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Saginaw beat the Soo 3-1 in the 7th game of their OHL 2nd round series, so Kirill Kudryavtsev's season is over, and likely, so is his junior career. He and Bloom were pointless in the game, KK a -2, Bloom a plus 2.

I think Bloom is the last Canucks prospect standing. (I know, not much of a prospect). Until, I guess, things ramp up again for Lekkerimaki as the Worlds get going.

Ah, I forgot about Ty Young. More excitement.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad