Speculation: The 2021 NHL Trade Deadline Thread | April 12th 2021 | 3:00 pm ET

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
We is everyone trying to move Killorn before Palat? Killorn plays more minutes per game then Palat, not by much but Cooper trusts him more. Palat is killing it on the PP but when Kucherov is back that's his spot so the production will be gone. At ES they have the same number of points with Killorn having more goals. Killorn also makes almost 1M less. You could have Killorn 4.45M + Colton 850k for the same price as Palat 5.3M. Killorn is also signed another season so we keep some of the core around as we incorporate the kids in. To me it makes much more sense to move Palat, they had the chance to move Killorn this year but it was never even an option and he's done nothing to make it seem like next season would be any different.
simply cuz Palat is better on ice than Killorn. Remember PO 2020,he is better in battling on the boards he is better goal scorer,Pally doesnt get dumb penalties Pally can play whenever on top 9 (I dont think that Killer could be better than Pally on top 3). Thats why I think we move Killer before Pally)

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
simply cuz Palat is better on ice than Killorn. Remember PO 2020,he is better in battling on the boards he is better goal scorer,Pally doesnt get dumb penalties Pally can play whenever on top 9 (I dont think that Killer could be better than Pally on top 3). Thats why I think we move Killer before Pally)

Palat was much better than Killorn earlier in their careers, the past few seasons I wouldn't say Killorn has closed the gap more Palat has dropped down to that level. Palat had a better playoffs last year but as a whole while Palat has more points he isn't blowing Killorn away. Palat hasn't scored more goals than Killorn since 15/16. I can't remember the last time Palat wasn't in the top 6 while Killorn has played on every line recently. Palat is the better player but the gap isn't large, he has the higher caphit and we could potentially get more from trading him. With all that I see no reason to not move Palat before Killorn.

Reactions: Peacefool

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
They gotta get Savard off a pairing with Hedman, it doesn't fit. The two of them together seem to look at each other confused each shift.

Give me Savard with Sergachev.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
They gotta get Savard off a pairing with Hedman, it doesn't fit. The two of them together seem to look at each other confused each shift.

Give me Savard with Sergachev.

Noticed that as well. They deserve more than two games to form chemistry, but Hedman might be so used to "babysitting" over the years that he could be better off just being THE guy when he's out there. He's such a dominant force that another competent defender, strangely, might get in the way of things in a sense.

Don't mind Cernak up there but prefer him with McD or Serge from what I've seen. I prefer not to have a glaring weak link on the top pair (Schenn/Foote/Rutta) for when the going gets tough, but for some reason it seems to work for Hedman.

I could live with

Hedman-Rutta/Foote/Schenn
McDonagh-Cernak
Sergachev-Savard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad