Prospect Info: The 2021 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Oh everyone who provides the moose reports talk bout how Perfetti is better at centre. Lhd we have mo, Samberg, Heinola
Rhd we have Pionk demelo poolman.
At the NHL level he will most likely be a winger. The Jets have Scheifele and PLD as 1-2 centers and Maurice runs with a checking line for the 3rd line.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yeah the need for a top RHD is glaring but we shouldnt reach just for the sake of filling a hole. If it's even you lean RHD, RW/C, C, RW in that order. Should be plenty of kids who will fall down to us that otherwise wouldn't in a normal season. Hopefully the Jets scouts are as good at scouting video as they are live. Very different animal.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
At the NHL level he will most likely be a winger. The Jets have Scheifele and PLD as 1-2 centers and Maurice runs with a checking line for the 3rd line.
In that case we need a winger with size after all all 3 wingers would small then.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think there would have been a lot of disappointed fans, (including me), if the Jets had moved their 1st round pick to rent Savard, or some other comparable rental. If he was going to use his 1st round pick and/or good prospects, it would have been to get a longer-term solution, I think.

I could still see the Jets putting their 1st round pick on the table to acquire a top-4 RD at the draft, which is when picks are at their peak value. I think that part of the reason Chevy held tight at the TDL is that he knows that he needs a long-term solution in his top 4, particularly at RD with Heinola and Samberg in the pipeline.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
There are 2 interesting RHD that are likely going to be in our range

Carsons Cuelemans - Brooks AJHL. Going to Wisconsin next year. Good size speed etc.. I have not seen him play this year but I did at the u17s last year. Going to the u18s and I think his draft ranking will be set after that.

Scott Morrow - Shattuck St Mary's. Going to UND next year. Another good sized D man mobile. Very raw but lots to like.

Guys to look at after the 1st that are RHD

Jacob Guevin - Really good offensive D man playing in the USHL and putting up good numbers. Thought he might be on the u18 team. Sleeper for sure

Brent Johnson - Another smaller D man playing in the USHL and putting up numbers. Heard really good things about him

Ryan Ufko - See above. There is a theme here

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Wouldn't mind taking flyers on two players that were passed over last draft in Ruben Rafkin and Oliver Suni. Wanted them last year as well, though I'm a little more surprised at Suni going undrafted than Rafkin.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
There are 2 interesting RHD that are likely going to be in our range

Carsons Cuelemans - Brooks AJHL. Going to Wisconsin next year. Good size speed etc.. I have not seen him play this year but I did at the u17s last year. Going to the u18s and I think his draft ranking will be set after that.

Scott Morrow - Shattuck St Mary's. Going to UND next year. Another good sized D man mobile. Very raw but lots to like.

Guys to look at after the 1st that are RHD

Jacob Guevin - Really good offensive D man playing in the USHL and putting up good numbers. Thought he might be on the u18 team. Sleeper for sure

Brent Johnson - Another smaller D man playing in the USHL and putting up numbers. Heard really good things about him

Ryan Ufko - See above. There is a theme here

I've been wondering about Cuelemans and asked about him a few times, but not sure if anyone has seen him play much. Looks like he put up decent points for a 16 year old in the AJHL. Interesting to see how he does in the U18's.

I wonder if Lambos could fall because of injury. Seems ranked from the teens to sometimes in the 20's.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I've been wondering about Cuelemans and asked about him a few times, but not sure if anyone has seen him play much. Looks like he put up decent points for a 16 year old in the AJHL. Interesting to see how he does in the U18's.

I wonder if Lambos could fall because of injury. Seems ranked from the teens to sometimes in the 20's.

He will fall because of that injury. I mean if we are at 20 or something and he is there I hope we grab him.

Reactions: JetsUK

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
He will fall because of that injury. I mean if we are at 20 or something and he is there I hope we grab him.
I think he is a LHD. I usually stick to BPA but we have quite the log-jam there. That said, if he’s BPA at 20 then I take him.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
With Morrissey, Stanley, Samberg and Heinola, I feel that we've spent enough draft capital on LHD. Would be cool to keep Lambos in Winnipeg but on draft day I'll be cheering for him to be drafted before our pick.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
We are guaranteed to make the playoffs so won't be picking until roughly 17 at earliest.

I was going to say that 16 is the number, but then I remembered Seattle will pick with the non-PO teams. So 17 is the earliest possible, if we hurry out of the 1st rd. :laugh:

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Use our 1st + Samberg + Vesa in an offer for Colton Parayko.
Blues are cap strapped, with a lot of upcoming UFAs and RFAs, and if they get bounced early, could likely do a mini rebuild, so they just might bite.
If that doesn’t work, offer up our 1st + to..
NYI for Pulock
DET for Seider
CAR for Pesce
NJD for Severson

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Lambos is who I have my eye on. Highly touted kid who is falling off due to injury. Could end up being a steal if he stays ranked low.

His rankings are ALL over the map right now. Would rather he was RHS but we will probably have to get used to having some lefties play the right side. That would be a good result.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think our biggest need is a Wheeler replacement.

We might need the Wheeler replacement in 2 years, one at the absolute earliest. And 1 year probably needs a new coach first. We have already needed 1RHD FOR 2 years. That is so much our biggest need that nothing else is even close.

Not saying we don't need to have that top 6 RW drafted and in the system, but it is not our biggest need.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
With Morrissey, Stanley, Samberg and Heinola, I feel that we've spent enough draft capital on LHD. Would be cool to keep Lambos in Winnipeg but on draft day I'll be cheering for him to be drafted before our pick.

It isn't unusual for LHS Dmen to play the right side. There just aren't enough RHS to go around.

My preference is for a RHD, but if a good D is available at our spot, I take him, R or L.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Blues are cap strapped, with a lot of upcoming UFAs and RFAs, and if they get bounced early, could likely do a mini rebuild, so they just might bite.
NYI for Pulock
DET for Seider
CAR for Pesce
NJD for Severson

The pluses for some of those guys are going to be pretty high. Worth it for most of them though. I don't think Severson belongs on the same list as the rest.

Reactions: BatVader

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Isn’t poolman demelo Pionk rhd? Isn’t Chisholm a rhd?

Yes they are RHS. None of them is a good 1st pair man though. Not even Pionk. Chisholm is a lefty. Gawanke and Kovacevic are our RHD prospects.

We need a defense first, top pair, RHD with at least a little more size than Morrissey & Pionk, to partner with JMo. Then Pionk & DeMelo on 2nd & 3rd pairs.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Yes they are RHS. None of them is a good 1st pair man though. Not even Pionk. Chisholm is a lefty. Gawanke and Kovacevic are our RHD prospects.

We need a defense first, top pair, RHD with at least a little more size than Morrissey & Pionk, to partner with JMo. Then Pionk & DeMelo on 2nd & 3rd pairs.
Oh not 1 rhd but a #1 who is a rhd. Pionk has been our best d the last two years and garret has shown that Pionk has been a fringe 1. Morrissey is better suited for a second pairing if you go off their last 2 seasons. You’re betting on big time luck to get that mid 1st rd 17th is our pick.
You are better off going
Heinola Pionk
Morrissey x
Samberg/ Stanley x

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
NYI for Pulock
DET for Seider
CAR for Pesce
NJD for Severson

Parayko would be nice, but I wouldn't spend a dime to acquire him unless he comes with an extension and a clean bill of health.

Pulock I'm not sure if the NYI have a need to move him? Unless they think he won't extend with them I'm not sure he would be available. We'd need an extension as well to make it worthwhile.

Seider looks like an amazing prospect. For a team building like the Wings, I can't see any reason for them to trade him.

Pesce hasn't been someone the Canes have wanted to move, and if they don't re-sign Hamilton I can't see him being available.

Severson could be a decent add. Not sure if the Devils would move him or not.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Oh not 1 rhd but a #1 who is a rhd. Pionk has been our best d the last two years and garret has shown that Pionk has been a fringe 1. Morrissey is better suited for a second pairing if you go off their last 2 seasons. You’re betting on big time luck to get that mid 1st rd 17th is our pick.
You are better off going
Heinola Pionk
Morrissey x
Samberg/ Stanley x

Well the semantics surrounding the use of #1 for a Dman gets muddled around here. I would prefer one of those, but I can't insist on it. But I mean a true 1st pair RHD. Pionk is a fringe 1st pair D at best. I'm not ready to give up on Morrissey as a 1st pair D yet. I think there was an injury issue last year and there have been usage issues both last year and this. I'm not going to judge Morrissey as long as he is having to carry a 3rd pair D man on the top pair against the oppositions' best.

I certainly would not mind getting a top pair R/L Dynamic Duo :laugh: and pushing Morrissey down.

I'm not going to assume Heinola can do that yet and I don't know what we have in Samberg. I don't mind too much that Sam isn't scoring, but the reports are that his D play has been up and down too.

I'm not sure that Heinola and Pionk would be a good pairing. Using just the players we have on hand I would try:
Morrissey - Pionk
Heinola - DeMelo
Stanley - Poolman

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad